Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to get audio to work.
But the only thing I had to do was to copy the https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC and https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and reboot. The audio peripherals just showed up. I still did continue the procedure with Multibeast but I am not sure it had any effect.
Audio on the front panel is very bad. But on the green jack, it is very good.
I see in Sound Preferences 2 extra Line Out ports which apparently do not connect to anything as far as I can say (the built-in Internal Speakers must be used).
I also verified that the SPDIF output of the board works. Selecting Digital Out really does actually work and the Audio MIDI Setup tool in Utilities allows for changing the sample rate and sample width.
However, the electrical singling level on the SPDIF header is 70mv (can somebody else confirm?), which is ridiculously low. I will design a little electronics board to convert that tiny signal to usable optical out and coax out. It's a bit of a pity that this MoBo does not have a built-in optical output, as many others do.

Still no luck with Bluetooth. Powering off the hardware did not help. I guess I have to wait for the M.2 BCM NGFF board I ordered and hope it works...

Sleep still has adverse effects (eject USB disks and lose network connections). Easy workaround: I do not let the Mac sleep.

Once Bluetooth is operational, I'll consider this build successful ;-)

I managed to get audio to work.
But the only thing I had to do was to copy the https://github.com/vit9696/AppleALC and https://github.com/vit9696/Lilu in /EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other and reboot. The audio peripherals just showed up. I still did continue the procedure with Multibeast but I am not sure it had any effect.
Audio on the front panel is very bad. But on the green jack, it is very good.
I see in Sound Preferences 2 extra Line Out ports which apparently do not connect to anything as far as I can say (the built-in Internal Speakers must be used).
I also verified that the SPDIF output of the board works. Selecting Digital Out really does actually work and the Audio MIDI Setup tool in Utilities allows for changing the sample rate and sample width.
However, the electrical singling level on the SPDIF header is 70mv (can somebody else confirm?), which is ridiculously low. I will design a little electronics board to convert that tiny signal to usable optical out and coax out. It's a bit of a pity that this MoBo does not have a built-in optical output, as many others do.

Still no luck with Bluetooth. Powering off the hardware did not help. I guess I have to wait for the M.2 BCM NGFF board I ordered and hope it works...

Sleep still has adverse effects (eject USB disks and lose network connections). Easy workaround: I do not let the Mac sleep.

Once Bluetooth is operational, I'll consider this build successful ;-)

It is odd that your board behaviour is different than mine. You really have a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 5 ?
The bluetooth did work out of the box.

Could you please download IORegistryExplorer I attached and show me everything under XHC particularly what is under your HS02 ?

s22fdC6.png

Also, please make sure your BIOS looks like this one

BIOS SETTINGS
  1. Save & ExitLoad Optimized Defaults
  2. BIOS → Fast Boot : Disabled
  3. BIOS → LAN PXE Boot Option ROM : Disabled
  4. BIOS → Storage Boot Option Control : UEFI
  5. Peripherals → Trusted Computing → Security Device Support : Disable
  6. Peripherals → Network Stack Configuration → Network Stack : Disabled
  7. Peripherals → USB Configuration → Legacy USB Support : Auto
  8. Peripherals → USB Configuration → XHCI Hand-off : Enabled
  9. Chipset → Vt-d : Disabled
  10. Chipset → Wake on LAN Enable : Disabled
  11. Chipset → IOAPIC 24-119 Entries : Enabled

Attachments

• IORegistryExplorer.zip
    267.5 KB · Views: 210
Last edited:
Hello James,

Actually, I have a GA-Z370N-WIFI, the same as Zoujyjs. I initially wanted to build a little hackintosh to experiment on some configs that are causing troubles on my MacBookPro without ****ing up my laptop. But it turned out that making the build quite powerful was only marginally more expensive. Now, I almost have an iMac PRO in a very silent mini-itx case. I ended-up in this thread because you got your audio to work well and that was the big missing part of my config.

I have applied the same BIOS settings as yours. My bluetooth does not appear as HS02 but HS10 and the parameters are different.
IOReg_Mac.png

If you have any suggestions on what coule be changed, please feel free to advise. I am only interested in Bluetooth, Wifi is not required as this machine will be wired to ethernet anyway.

iXavMacPro.jpg

@P1LGRIM

Can you edit my title to : [SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 - SSDT
and also move my thread in "High Sierra Desktop Guides" ?

Thank you

@P1LGRIM

Can you edit my title to : [SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 - SSDT
and also move my thread in "High Sierra Desktop Guides" ?

Thank you
Done

Great build and thank you so much for making this guide! I'm buying the same CPU, GPU, Motherboard, and Wireless TP-Link in a few days.

how can u tell that your bluetooth is mapped to HS02? By removing the wifi module?
I managed to get the bluetooth found my device, but the connection always fails.

Last edited:
how can u tell that your bluetooth is mapped to HS02? By removing the wifi module?
I managed to get the bluetooth found my device, but the connection always fails.

I can tell because it is said to be in IORegistryExplorer :)
Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 12.32.02 PM.png

Great build and thank you so much for making this guide! I'm buying the same CPU, GPU, Motherboard, and Wireless TP-Link in a few days.

No problem ! If you need help let me know :)

Hi James, I'm running into a few issues with the exact same setup as you: Gaming 5, RX580, 8700k.

Things I'm running into:
- I've got 3 monitors. The outer ones don't work. When I revert to Mac 14.2, they work, but my drives seem to be really slow that way.
- How can I make all the USB Drives work? Should I just put your USBInjectAll.kext & XHCI-200-series-injector.kext in the kext/other folder and your SSDT-UIAC.aml (see attachment) to /EFI/Clover/ACPI/patched?
I already did the 'Increase Max Port Limit 200 series' via Multibeast

@VeritasnL, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back