Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 - 4k RX 580 - 10.13.4 & 10.14.4 & 10.15.0 - SSDT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the info, mine stops working practically every time I restart the computer sadly.. But like you say, it works when the computer is unplugged for a few seconds. Very strange, and I guess it must be something hardware/bios related since it's happening in windows too! I tried using my bluetooth USB receiver but no luck.

Luckily I usually turn off the power when I'm not using the computer anyway, so it works when I boot it up for the first time :)
Keeping my fingers crossed that a BIOS-update or something will fix it in the future.

Other than that, it's probably the smoothest installation of a mackintosh I've ever done, and it's running super smoothly! Thanks again for the great guide!

Could you please try updating the bios to the very latest version and confirm if it still happens?

It happened once to me and it was before I updated the BIOS. As I was trying to fix the Bluetooth, I tried by updating the BIOS, that didnt fix until I unplugged the power cord, however it didnt happen ever again.

Could you please try updating the bios to the very latest version and confirm if it still happens?

It happened once to me and it was before I updated the BIOS. As I was trying to fix the Bluetooth, I tried by updating the BIOS, that didnt fix until I unplugged the power cord, however it didnt happen ever again.

I actually updated the bios before installing the OS to the latest on gigabytes website (F6), so that didn't solve it for me unfortunately. Today I haven't had any problems with it though, even after two restarts. Hoping it stays that way!

I have a new problem... Suddenly today when I started the computer, I can't connect any external hard drives to any usb-port except the 3.1 port. Using my keyboard in any port seems to work though. Very very strange... Do you know why this could be?

Last edited:
I have a new problem... Suddenly today when I started the computer, I can't connect any external hard drives to any usb-port except the 3.1 port. Using my keyboard in any port seems to work though. Very very strange... Do you know why this could be?

Yes I know. You need USBInjectAll and also my SSDT. Read first post tutorial about fixing USB.

Yes I know. You need USBInjectAll and also my SSDT. Read first post tutorial about fixing USB.

I already have those in place. I installed the kexts (USBInjectAll and the other kext in the first post) in kexts/other, and the ssdt in acpi/patched. It worked great the first day, with full speeds and Everything. Now all of a sudden it doesn't and I have no idea why. Do I have to change anything else in my config.plist?

I did delete my nvram.plist to get rid of an error code on startup, could that be the reason? A new nvram file has been created automatically.

Again, thank you so much for helping out. Big kudos to you!

I already have those in place. I installed the kexts (USBInjectAll and the other kext in the first post) in kexts/other, and the ssdt in acpi/patched. It worked great the first day, with full speeds and Everything. Now all of a sudden it doesn't and I have no idea why. Do I have to change anything else in my config.plist?

I did delete my nvram.plist to get rid of an error code on startup, could that be the reason? A new nvram file has been created automatically.

Again, thank you so much for helping out. Big kudos to you!

That is odd! You shouldn't need any clover usb patch other than USBInjectAll, the injector for 300 series and the SSDT in place. I can't tell why it wouldn't work honestly unless you tell me you are booting a clover version that doesn't have my SSDT and kexts (i.e because you are using a usb key and the kexts are installed on the HDD)

That is odd! You shouldn't need any clover usb patch other than USBInjectAll, the injector for 300 series and the SSDT in place. I can't tell why it wouldn't work honestly unless you tell me you are booting a clover version that doesn't have my SSDT and kexts (i.e because you are using a usb key and the kexts are installed on the HDD)

Yeah it's very strange.. I'm not booting from a usb key either. USB-drives were recognized at first even though hard drives weren't, but now usb-drives don't work either all of a sudden. I tried booting up in windows too to see if it's hardware related, and no problems at all there. I guess I'll have to try and reinstall the whole thing.. :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back