Contribute
Register

Success! Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 5, gtx 1050

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
today something interestingly happened.
i enabled internal igpu, selected primary as igpu, rebooted and installed nvidia cuda driver (all connectors on nvidia, hdmi and dvi)
then i downgraded the latest 387.10.10.10.40.105 to 387.10.10.10.35.106
rebooted, then nvida ram seems 7mb.
then i uninstalled 106 , reboot, install 105 again, run kextcache.. reboot.. restart using nvidia web driver
and now i have metal support.. i dont know why.. :)
maybe intel uhd 630 have metal support , and it enabled for nvidia?
now i have full acceleration..
View attachment 354340 View attachment 354341

before it was:
View attachment 354342
I have the same config except for the GPU (EVGA 1070 FTW).
I am running Mojave and only the iGPU runs smoothly, the 1070 just doesn't provide acceleration.
Can you please confirm if you really have full acceleration by maybe running a benchmark?
Also, are you using webdriver.sh for installing the nvidia drivers?
Thanks a ton in advance.

UPDATE:
I tried and there is no acceleration. Try opening http://www.fishgl.com/ and you will understand.
Its just faux drivers and no acceleration. This does allow mulitple monitors but thats about it. :crazy:

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 gaming 5
CPU
Intel 8700k
Graphics
Gigabyte arous gtx 1080ti xtreme waterforce edition AIO
got everything working except my front panel usb

Have an 8700k and gigabyte z370 gaming 5 and gigabyte gtx 1080ti

got the sound and nvidia drivers working but cant get it to recognize my hdd plugged into the front panel usb ports

any help here would great guys

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)
CPU
i7-8700K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 580 RX 580 ARMOR 8GB
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thanks for the guide

I am still having a couple of issues with my setup.

# I am having a similar issue with mine where not all of my usb ports are working, can you walk me through how you were able to fix this?

#2 My onboard wifi does not work

#3 my audio sounds like **** lots of noise and crackling

anyone point me in the direction to fix this?

The only difference I have to OP is Radeon Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB for my GPU[/QUOTE

Did you repl
Thanks for the guide

I am still having a couple of issues with my setup.

# I am having a similar issue with mine where not all of my usb ports are working, can you walk me through how you were able to fix this?

#2 My onboard wifi does not work

#3 my audio sounds like **** lots of noise and crackling

anyone point me in the direction to fix this?

The only difference I have to OP is Radeon Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ 8GB for my GPU

Did you replace your Wi-Fi

Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 gaming 5
CPU
Intel 8700k
Graphics
Stalyoni, what steps you took to get your alc1220 to work .... I have the same board.
Used the kext files in the efi.zip listed in the ops first post

Just can't get nvidia hardware acceleration to work or the front panel USB to recognize my 5tb hdd

Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 gaming 5
CPU
Intel 8700k
Graphics
So I updated to the latest version of the beta version of mojave but it brakes the nvidia work around so you have to redo the steps to get the nvidia drivers working again. But once you do it all works again like normal. Still with no acceleration though. I have also noticed that when running chrome it won't display the text properly and has graphical glitches. I also changed the screen to 165hz and it works at 1440p 165hz no problems at all

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 5 (rev. 1.0)
CPU
i7-8700K 3.7 GHz
Graphics
MSI Radeon RX 580 RX 580 ARMOR 8GB
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
So I updated to the latest version of the beta version of mojave but it brakes the nvidia work around so you have to redo the steps to get the nvidia drivers working again. But once you do it all works again like normal. Still with no acceleration though. I have also noticed that when running chrome it won't display the text properly and has graphical glitches. I also changed the screen to 165hz and it works at 1440p 165hz no problems at all[/QUOTE

I will take it that you are talking about Mojave 14.3beta?

I finally got 14.2 (clean install) up and running with all working, including wifi/Bluetooth....... Of course I swapped out the stock wifi.

Motherboard
B250 GAMING PRO CARBON
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics
MSI GeForce GTX 1070 GAMING 8G
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
This worked for me in that it got my second monitor up and running again and my system detects everything again. The only thing I don't understand is why Hardware Acceleration isn't working. I understand that the absence of Hardware Acceleration breaks the ui in apps like Safari and Spotify where nothing is rendered, but why is it. I am using the same drivers as in High Sierra and there they worked fine...

Also, when I put the text in the patching screen that you say to do it doesn't work. When I do the touch command it crashes on the Nvidia kext. It does work when I use the latest High Sierra ID even though I am running Mojave...

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus z370 Gaming K3
CPU
i5 8600K
Graphics
Gigabyte 1050 2gb OC
Hi guys I'new in this forum , I need your support...
First of all great guide @serkanp thank you dude!

I'm trying to get my configuration work :
Mobo gigabyte aorus z370 k3
Cpu i5 8600k
Ram 8gb of corsair vegaence ddr4 @2666
Gpu gigabyte 1050 2gb

Everting work (integrated intel 630 graphics works great)

But I can't get work my 1050 , I see only 7mb of memory , it's very laggy even safari dosen't work stable (tabs flickering).

Also the sys not recongnize my i5 (i think beacause is too new for apple platforms) the big issue is that I can't see cpu temperature.

How can I resolve this problems ? Can someone olso upload the needed files ?