i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
hi ,
i have successfully completed my mojave build.
here is my hardware:
  • GigaByte z370 Auros Gaming 5
  • Gigabyte GTX 1050 OC
  • DDR4 3600mhz ,2 x 8 gb ram
  • 8700k cpu
  • LG Ultrawide 28.5'' x 2 (2560 x 1080)
  • Samsung 960 PRO 512gb NVMExpress
  • Bluetooth Onboard
bios settings:
Build Steps:
  • Download latest mojave from app store
  • format usb Guid Partition , hfs+ (suppose you named UNTITLED usb name)
  • Open terminal and type:
    • sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ Mojave.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/UNTITLED --nointeraction
  • After usb install complete download latest Clover Efi Bootloader (i used v2.4k_r4674) from https://sourceforge.net/projects/cloverefiboot/
  • run clover clover efi bootloader, select usb as target ,on customize just select "clover for uefi booting only" and "install clover in the ESP" (after that we will use my EFI Folder :) )
  • after install finish. open EFI partition of USB from finder (if you accidently ejected, you can mount it with clover configurator)
  • delete EFI folder in EFI partition , copy my EFI folder (i suggest you not to replace, delete the current and copy my EFI folder)
  • now plug the usb in target computer , boot from usb-efi , select mojave installer , and let installer take you to setup screen
  • format partition or hard drive you want to install as guid partition and hfs+
  • after first reboot, again boot from efi-usb and select "your hard drive" and continue installation. (~18 minute)
  • when install completed, again boot from efi-usb and again select "your hard drive", complete setup screen processes
  • you will have ethernet, audio working properly right now.
  • now run clover efi bootloader again and select the same settings a mentioned before.
  • again copy my EFI folder to your hard drive's efi partition
  • run Webdrive allversions.app select "reinstall web driver", "download webdriver" and select latest one, it will open a terminal window and will download & install the driver.
  • close and re-open the webdrive allversions.app and select "existing webdriver patching", it will promot for a version , the current mojave has "18A391" , confirm input.
  • now open a terminal window and type these:
    • sudo chmod -R 755 /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
      sudo chown -R root:wheel /Library/Extensions/NVDAStartupWeb.kext
      sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions/ && sudo kextcache -u /
      sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
  • remove usb and reboot computer from installed hard drive.
  • on clover menu, select the disk you installed mojave and press space, select nvidia web drivers, boot with this.
  • you will have full support of nvidia without acceleration for multiple displays. (hope nvidia releases proper update quickly)
  • done!

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 UG
CPU
I7-8700
Graphics
GTX 1070
Thank you for your guide, very good ;)

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Elite
CPU
i7-8700K OC 5GHz
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Similar to my setup except I'm using a AMD RX570. Do you know if its possible to get both the integrated Intel UHD 630 and the graphics card to work together?
You can use iGPU for HEVC hardware decoding.
Enable it in the BIOS (not set it to automatic) and install latest Lilu + WhatEvergreen kexts. Nothing else to do.

Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
today something interestingly happened.
i enabled internal igpu, selected primary as igpu, rebooted and installed nvidia cuda driver (all connectors on nvidia, hdmi and dvi)
then i downgraded the latest 387.10.10.10.40.105 to 387.10.10.10.35.106
rebooted, then nvida ram seems 7mb.
then i uninstalled 106 , reboot, install 105 again, run kextcache.. reboot.. restart using nvidia web driver
and now i have metal support.. i dont know why.. :)
maybe intel uhd 630 have metal support , and it enabled for nvidia?
now i have full acceleration..
Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 10.14.38.png Screen Shot 2018-10-01 at 10.18.20.png

before it was:
IMG_1246.jpg

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z370 Aorus Gaming 5
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
GTX 1050
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Similar to my setup except I'm using a AMD RX570. Do you know if its possible to get both the integrated Intel UHD 630 and the graphics card to work together?
i had rx570 and had problem with lg ultrawide screens, the resolution and refresh rate was buggy.. so i removed it..

for the uhd630, i enabled it , i got full resolution on that, but after 1-2 minutes, screen becomes flashy, when i move any window on that display, i got tails and small parts of the window..

Motherboard
GA H370-HD3
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
GTX 650 TI
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android
Follow the instruction, I have mine on Mojave now. Thanks a lot:headbang::headbang::headbang:

First snapshot from H/S, second from Mojave. So far everything works, ethernet, wifi, sound, shutdown/sleep....

Except the USB, Trim support... I guess I need to inject some code to config.plist. will worry about it later. Cheers.

Updated:
USB fixed, Trim fixed. Everything is working. I could call it perfect now. Plus, just bought LG 27UD58-B. With 650Ti, I could only get 3840 x 2160, 30Hz but fonts are so tiny, so with 2560 x 1440, 60Hz, I would call it sufficient.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte z170 gaming 7
CPU
Intel i5 6500 3.2Ghz
Graphics
Radeon Pro RX 570 4GB
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac, PowerBook, Quadra, SE/30
Mobile Phone
iOS
i had rx570 and had problem with lg ultrawide screens, the resolution and refresh rate was buggy.. so i removed it..

for the uhd630, i enabled it , i got full resolution on that, but after 1-2 minutes, screen becomes flashy, when i move any window on that display, i got tails and small parts of the window..

I had the same issue even though the the RX570 is great the Intel UHD 630 has better frame rate on benchmarks. Guess I'll wait to see is AMD releases a new card this month as rumored or wait to get on of the NVIDIA cards.

Motherboard
ASUS Maximus X Hero Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
iMac, MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, followed your guide, installed successfully, thanks!
But now I ran into 2 problems

One. Your screen resolution seems bigger than mine (I'm using a BENQ 27 inch 1920*1080), so the edges are not being displayed properly. as shown below (notice the top and bottom parts, they are the most obvious problem). How do I solve this? thx.

Two. Is anyone experiencing display 'hiccups'? Like, in safari, some buttons would go missing, until I hover my mouse over it (check the image below, see how weird the tabs in safari look like); and a lot of the times, it just seems to lag a lot, sort of like low frame rate or something. Anyone?

Thanks a lot for the help!

----edit----
I guess it's important to mention that I'm using a Nvidia 1060? Sorry I missed that in the original post...

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-H87-D3H
CPU
i5-4570
Graphics
GTX 1070
Mobile Phone
iOS
Two. Is anyone experiencing display 'hiccups'? Like, in safari, some buttons would go missing, until I hover my mouse over it (check the image below, see how weird the tabs in safari look like); and a lot of the times, it just seems to lag a lot, sort of like low frame rate or something. Anyone?
This is because of “fake” NVIDIA drivers. There are no official drivers for nvidia cards on Mojave macOS. So you don’t have full hardware acceleration. Your drivers just add cosmetic changes like proper definition of your card.