Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k // 32GB RAM // MSI 1080TI // Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that's what I mean, my smbios is at 14,2 but the ig-platform-id with the option you mentioned says this 0"x19120000 for HD530 use iMac17,1 (this produce artifacts on some system before 10.11.4)"
should I use this option anyway even if my smbios is for 14,2?

Yes, use it anyway - I do.

I'm using 64GB RAM with this motherboard, and no problems at all. Does Windows still boot fine with the 48 GB RAM combo? Maybe there is an issue with the new RAM you got. Perhaps test it with Windows, if Windows is borking, too, i would just return the RAM. BTW, have you tried booting without the mix-matched to test your theory? What happens if you just boot with the 2 x 16GB sticks?
I had the save like you
Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k // Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe SSD (256GB)
I still can't see my SSD when in Disk Utility
Can you share all your kext & config.plist to me please.
I will thank you so much
Please >"<

Hey Stork, I see the 100 / 200 series audio option. But how do i know which ALCXXXX option to pick? i can't find what chipset this motherboard uses anywhere on the interwebs.

Please help me ;)

Please help me ;)

There has been a link to a rehabman guide posted in this thread several times now. You need to follow that guide to get the NVMe working. Also this mobo is pretty f*cky about how it shares pci-e lanes, so you gotta make sure you don't have your NVMe card on the same lanes as your DGPU, misc PCI cards, or your SATA devices.

I was 1/2 way through writing a more indepth guide to setting up for this mobo and my laptop ran out of power, so i lost it. I need to sit down and try to write it again.

Did anyone successfully installed 10.12.6 with everything working ? can you also share clover copy, and list of fixes you installed to get everything running. i need my system working asap :s

hansi32's Build: GA-Z270X Gaming 7 - i7-7700K - MSI 1080TI

If you have any questions regarding the build please let me know and I will try to help wherever I can.

Hi there, I'm using the same Mobo and CPU here. Did you have any boot issues when you initially made the build? I'm getting an error code C1 on boot and I thought it was my RAM (apparently the board has issues with anything 3000mhz and above) so I'm seeing if you had any issues.

Thanks

Hey
If anyone is able to post clover directory of working ga-z270x-g7 (I actually have the g9 which is the same but watercooled). I'm really struggling to get the right combo of kexts.
I also have 2 NVMe Samsung 960 Evo m2's so am slowly & painfully walking through the RehabMan guides to get them working.
any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
I'm a noob at this as I'm sure you can tell.

Any fixing the USB lag? I have both keyboard and mouse lagging. luckily I am able to use synergy to control a keyboard and mouse from another computer(imac) next to it.

Can you please share your efi folder?
Have you tried to install macOS Sierra first? We discourage asking/posting an EFI folder until you've install the macOS and tried to solve any problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back