Contribute
Register

(SUCCESS) Gigabyte Z270X Gaming 7 // i7 7700k // 32GB RAM // MSI 1080TI // Thunderbolt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whilst my build is a little different, I have almost the same setup and I had no trouble getting mine working following An iDiot's Guide To iMessage.

@hansi32 : hey there Hansi, I need your help! I do have the same MOBO and the 7700k but I'm stuck at the apple Logo for the installation process. May you guide me through your Bios Setup and Clover Bootloader?

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason why you are not using Sierra though? I am asking because I always like to have the latest realises.I have been also going through threads comparing other models of Z270x and found out that Sierra did installed and worked fine on Sierra so maybe you should try it out and see if your Ti would fire up there? I did also find out that gaming 5 is a bit more iOS friendly because the audio chip is compatible whereas the g7`s is not , although it will apparently work with latest VoodooHDA. I know its irrelevant for you due to your external interface but for others it will make a different when choosing which type to go for. The g5 is also a bit cheaper.

Yes, I had a lot of projects in ProTools 10 with RTAS plugins which aren't supported by newer ProTools versions which are only available for Sierra. I just dug out the old Hackmac and exported all the tracks as WAV files. Which means I successfully managed to install Sierra in the meantime. I use ProTools 12 with the BluecatAudio AU/VST Converter now.

Also the internal audio works as well as.... my 1080Ti in combination with my Z35 at 200 Hertz.

I installed the latest drivers from link given... but alas it does NOT fix my audio.
I DO see that the Audio output options now show Front/Rear headphone port, Line out, SPDIF and HDMI audio.

I tried the front/rear headphone port and there was not audio. Also tried HDMI out... and no audio either.

Not sure what else to do.
I'm new to Hackintosh... so its a learning curve.

I know your pain my friend.. just use the Line or Speaker Out, which is the only connector that works for me. ‍♂️

@hansi32 : hey there Hansi, I need your help! I do have the same MOBO and the 7700k but I'm stuck at the apple Logo for the installation process. May you guide me through your Bios Setup and Clover Bootloader?

Hi Alexi. Please Boot using the -v argument and post a screenie of the stuck message and I will see what I can do..

Thank you, I appreciate your help!

Dumb question but how does this -v work?

Thank you, I appreciate your help!

Dumb question but how does this -v work?

When you get to the boot loader you can choose either by a menu or manually type in -v in the boot args

It should look something like this, depending on the boot loader you use.

Attachments

• IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    102.6 KB · Views: 222
Ah, this is the verbose Mode! Thanks! I'm back on my hack in the evening and report about my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back