Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
GTX 980 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi,
I was partially successful in installing Sierra on my new rig: Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 5, i7 6700K and 980Ti.
I used the unibeast method: at the beginning the system stuck at Apple progress bar, but after BIOS Update to F5 I was able to get into the installer and install it.
The problems regards the USB stack: during the boot process I see USB devices (keyboard and mouse) shutting down themselves (I have a G710 Keyboard and G series mouse). The mouse starts working againg after a couple of seconds, the keyboard dont.
I have also a wireless keyboard (with the adapter on a powered hub) working properly.
On the system it seems anything regarding USB don't work, except form devices linked to the powered hub.
On System Info I can see the usb ports...
I tryied to use both Mac14.2 and Mac17.1 system definition, but nothing changes.
Someone experienced the same/similar issue?
Note: it seems I was able to install, because I had a copy of the Sierra installer on one of the sata disk I migrated from my old rig.

Did you use MultiBeast and install the 15 port limit USB fix?

Yes I did. Do I need to patch/fix IOAPIC also?

I have the exact same setup as you (MB, processor, gfx card), everything is working including audio, sleep, USB, iMessage, facetime, continuity, auto unlock with apple watch, etc...

For USB I made a custom SSDT and am not using the patch for all ports. All the info you need is in the link sent by pastrychef above...I can send you my config with the mobo port layouts to help you get past the tedious stage of mapping all the ports if you want.

Let me know if you have any more questions, glad to help.

I solved! I'm up and running with USB fully functional right now.
I modified config.plist to include the Skylake specific patches, as listed in Pastrychef reply.
I also enabled 980Ti on iMac17,1 by using Web drivers and Pike's AGDPFix patch (I'll look for a clover patch soon, to become upgrade aware).
Thanks for the help guys!

I have the exact same setup as you (MB, processor, gfx card), everything is working including audio, sleep, USB, iMessage, facetime, continuity, auto unlock with apple watch, etc...

For USB I made a custom SSDT and am not using the patch for all ports. All the info you need is in the link sent by pastrychef above...I can send you my config with the mobo port layouts to help you get past the tedious stage of mapping all the ports if you want.

Let me know if you have any more questions, glad to help.
I am about to switch from R9 390X to GTX 980 Ti and have same components as you. Would be great if you could provide the config.plist mentioned above along with any other tips. I don't have Bluetooth/Wifi in my machine yet (cannot find that pesky broadcom module anywhere) but would be nice to make sure everything else is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back