Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte H97N-Wifi
CPU
i7 4790
Graphics
HD 4600
My old hackintosh was getting long in the tooth so I decided to build a new one. In case anyone is building a similar set-up here's how I got everything working.

Hardware:
  • Gigabyte H97N-WIFI motherboard
  • Core i3-4360 processor
  • Built in Intel 4600 graphics
  • Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
  • Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1TB SATA
  • SATA DVD Burner (from old machine)
  • USB Bluetooth dongle (from old machine)

The motherboard has built in WiFi, but I never got it working (frankly never tried since its on a wired network). The onboard bluetooth did work at some point during the installation, but have yet to figure out how to get it to work on the final build. Since I had a cheap USB dongle from the last hackintosh I just plugged it in and called it a day. Although the graphics work well I find that things are a bit choppy in finder (moving windows around quickly; doc magnification). I'm not sure if this is due to some BIOS or kext settings. I'm not a huge gamer so it doesn't bother me, and I downloaded an old copy of "Knights of the Old Republic" which seems to run well. If I get anything requiring more graphics oomph and I can't tweak the current configuration then I may end up dropping a cheap dedicated graphics card into the thing. See updated below.

The following come from my "Write everything down because you're going to f**k something up and have to do it all again" notes:

1. Download Unibeast & Multibeast from TonyMac (make sure they’re the latest that includes Yosemite support)
  2. On existing Mac make sure you have “Install Yosemite” app from Apple Store
  3. Format USB drive (Master Boot Record under Options, Journaled [not FAT])
  4. Run Unibeast, targeting the USB you just created in (3)
  5. Copy Multibeast folder over to USB
  6. Plug USB into Hackintosh
  7. Make sure Mackintosh has only DVI (not HDMI) cable installed.
  8. Boot into BIOS settings and make sure they are
    1. MIT - Advanced Memory Settings - XMP - Profile 1
    2. BIOS Features - VT-d - Disable
    3. Peripherals - Initial Display Output - IGF
    4. Peripherals - Intel Processor Graphics - Enable
    5. Power Management - Wake on LAN - Disabled
  9. At EFI boot screen press a key to get a prompt and type -x -v (Safe Mode & Verbose)
  10. Installer should load. “Select Language” and before “Continuing” the install select “Disk Utility...” from the Utilities menu bar
  11. Select the internal hard drive you wish to install on, select Partition.
    1. Under Current choose “1”.
    2. Under Options select “GUID”
    3. Name the partition “Yosemite"
    4. Apply
    5. When done close, which takes you back to the installer
  12. Begin installer (says it should take about 16 minutes)
  13. It will reboot automatically when installation is complete
  14. At boot menu select the “Yosemite” partition, press any key (except for the return key) to get a prompt and type -x -v (Safe Mode & Verbose)
  15. Finish installation (but avoid logging into anything, iCloud, etc, as if something ****s up you’ll just have to do it all over again).
  16. From USB run MultiBoot
    1. Quick Start > DSDT Free
    2. Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC892
    3. Drivers > Network > Atheros > ALXEthernet
    4. Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.0.4.1a
  17. Reboot. If you remove the USB and boot from the hard disk you will get the following error
    boot0: GPT… boot0:error
    The fix for this is to boot back into the installer again and do the following:
    1. Run Disk Utility and unmount the drive you installed OS X on. Right click on the volume and select Unmount.
    2. Launch Terminal and execute the following command: dd if=/usr/standalone/i386/boot1h of=/dev/disk0s2
    3. Note: You may have to change in the BIOS boot from USB first, and don’t forget to boot with -x -v options.
  18. Reboot. You will now have no sound and no bluetooth.
  19. Sound first. Rerun Multiboot and select the following:
    1. Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > Optional EFI Installed Bootloader Support (this was not able to be selected the first time through)
    2. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 Plugins
    3. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.11.1328 HWMonitor Application
    4. Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,1 (not sure how important this is)
  20. Reboot. When logged in go to System Preferences > Sound > Output and change to Line Out. You should now have sound, but still no BT.

If anyone knows how to get the onboard bluetooth working again, or improve the 4600 graphics drop a line in the comments. Hope this helps folks out.

UPDATE:
Just updated to 10.10.1. Had to re-install the audio post update (the normal). It also seems that the 4600 GPU performance just got A LOT better. None of the stutter I mentioned above.

I have the same processor as you and I recommend these 3 steps i used to help increase my graphics on my build :)

1) Inject IntelAzulFB=10
2) GraphicsEnabler=Yes
3) Choose your SMBIOS as iMac 14,2

there 3 combined helped with my graphics getting glitchy after watching long videos in fullscreen mode :D Try it if it helps! I'm on 10.10.1 too.

Kernel panic "a freed zone has been modified in zone kalloc.64...."
cpus=1, maxmem=4096 etc didn't help...
cpus=1 says unknown cpu model 0x3c
motherboard: Gigabyte H97M-D3h
Help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back