Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 4790, HD4600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi!

I've tried builing exactly the same system but got stuck with some problems already shortly after booting. Is it possible that my problems are related to Yosemite?

Hardware:
- Gigabyte H97M-D3H
- Intel i7-4790K 4GHz
- Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB

The 16GB flash-drive I'm using:
- Unibeast 5.0.2
- Multibeast Yosemite

Beside that:
- SAMSUNG 840 Evo Series 500GB SSD
- BE QUIET! Straight Power E9 580W

Again I'm using Yosemite, not Mavericks. You seem to have done your installation with Mavericks. Is that right? Beside that my machine itself works fine, could install Lubuntu without any problems.

My Problem:
I even cannot start the initial setup. In verbose-mode the routine stops around the Bluetooth-part as described by many people in this thread

BIOS Settings:
As suggested, loaded optimized settings in the beginning.
-disabled VT-d (but not Intel Virtualization Technology as shown in the screenshots HERE )
-SATA mode = AHCI
-Initial Display Output = IGFX (I've connected my test-display via VGA to the onboard-graphics, not DVI!)
-Boot Mode Selection = Legacy Only
- I've tried disabling the BIOS' turbo boost option as suggested by mrdmadev

I've started building this machine because of this thread, I thought I won't run into any problems ;-) Initially I followed the usual thread.

Stuff I've tried:
- normal boot without any flags -> apple logo + progress bar freezes after a while
- flags -x -v -> see my screenshot
- -v GraphicsEnabler=No -> same...
- -v maxmem=4096 -> same
- -x -v maxmem=4096 -> same

Any ideas? I also wanted to try Mavericks but you cannot find it in the App-store anymore...

View attachment 119284View attachment 119285

Thanks for your help!

[UPDATE]
I've switched over to an Asus GTX 760, 2GB what solved my problem. See my successful build described here and also you can check out my blog-post here.

I have the same problem as you. Connecting the monitor by VGA it doesn't work, so I think it can be the problem. I will try with DVI adapter to VGA (or a HDMI monitor) so, do you think it will works (by an adapter)?

Mate you are a star! I had some problems (laggy and flickering graphics) with a similar setup but after applying your settings it works like a dream now! Thanks a lot for your post!

Are these patches recommended for Yosemite? Are they needed?

Since the Intel GPU with H97 chipset is not yet directly supported, after install, you need to boot into safe mode(-x flag) to complete installation using MultiBeast. You'll also need to install audio and graphics patch:
Quick Fix for Onboard Audio on 9 Series Motherboards
Quick Fix for Intel HD 4600 Graphics Acceleration on 9 Series Motherboards
The above "patches" have been incorporated into the latest version of MultiBeast.

his mothonboard is compatible with parent Yosemite or just with mavericks???

my settings:

Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Intel I5-4440
Nvidia GT 9800

his mothonboard is compatible with parent Yosemite or just with mavericks???

my settings:

Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
Intel I5-4440
Nvidia GT 9800

Your motherboard is compatible with Mavericks and Yosemite.

Your motherboard is compatible with Mavericks and Yosemite.

IMG_20150724_090551.jpg

I was using clover. So did a bbot by MultiBeast with the following bootflags.

-v -x PCIRootUID = 1 GraphicsEnabler = No IGPEnabler = Yes.

And I managed to install ..'ll be right back with more news or doubts. : 0

Hey guys so I tried pretty much everything to get my sound working as i have the same mb h97m-d3h and through voodoo hda i was able to get sound whether through speakers or bluetooth headset but the only thing im having trouble with is mic input. theres no sound getting picked up through my bluetooth headset nor even just a regular apple earbud plugged into the both green or pink input in the back. ive tried everything from trying to install older versions of voodoo hda kexts and strangely enough when i try to install mavericks hda i get a random error message and it keeps crashing on me. I've tried the "native apple hda" stuff but i got nowhere with that as it just wont work/ im doing it wrong. help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back