Graphics
GTX 1060
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys. Because of all the help I got in this board, I'm gonna share what Problems I encountered installing this configuration and how to solve them ;)

Requirements: Technically correct assembly of the hardware; BIOS on version F9

Step 1: Follow tonys guide till "Step 3".
Before you can continue, you have to set up your BIOS. For a start, this http://www.tonymacx86.com/99-quick-guide-configuring-uefi-gigabyte-s-7-series-lga-1155-boards.html guide is pretty good, but wrong in one point: AHCI is not set by default! With IDE-mode you wont see any HDD in the Drive-Utilities.

Getting to installer screen
Well. I tried several boot options, finally -x worked for me.

From that step, you can follow tonys guide until you get to your first boot.

First boot
The first time you start your freshly installed system, you will encounter a disappointment (if everything is running as on my machine). Without -x, your system is not gonna start. So boot with "-x" again and download multibeast. In MB you gotta select "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free", the Atheros Network driver, FakeSMC (including plugins) and "GraphicsEnabler=No". Install.
Still not working if you restart now, there is one more thing you gotta do: Go to /Extra and open the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in textedit. Search for this:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
now change like this:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0 dart=0</string>

Now restart your CustoMac!

Result
I was really surprised that everything is working so perfectly. All Components are recognized correctly, no crashs, no incompatibilities. Just like my bought MacBook Pro. Even the keyboard-layout of my microsoft keyboard was detectet and all of the extra command keys. ;)
Sound: working
Network: working
USB 3.0: working
Graphics: working
Dual-Monitor: working
iCloud: working

If you got any questions, feel free to ask. And I'm sorry for my english ;)

I am trying to install Snow Leopard off a retail CD. i bought a new Gigabyte board and a new intel i5 quad core processor. i load the iboot disc with no problem, insert the SL disc, press F5 to refresh, the disc shows up like its supposed to, i press enter and it goes to the grey screen with the apple logo. And it just sits there for hours. I have turned on ACHI in bios as well. The machine was aDell Studio XPS tower running windows 7. The only thing i can think of is to format the hard drive prior to trying to put SL on it.Windows 7 is still currently installed on my hard drive. Does the hard drive need to be blank prior to trying to load the SL dvd? If so, is their an easy way to format the drive to make it ready for the SL dvd. if so, how? thanks in advance

VERY GOOD!
MY hackintosh is working perfectly!
H77M-D3H + BIOS (BETA 10) + Gforce 8800 GTs + 8GB RAM + PCI FIREWIRE
It worked all the following tips and InflamedSoul and TONYMAC ...

I'm in Brazil, sorry for my English!

Thank you and great tips in this tutorial.

OS 10.8.2 TKS!

thanks m8 this worked perfectly for me, F9 Bios Osx 10.8.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back