Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte H370M DS3H + i5-8400 | Mojave 10.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried a build using the H370 DS3H with an i3 8100 for my son over Christmas and couldn’t get past the installer rebooting indefinitely.

Tonight I tried building my own system with an H370 DS3H so I could help him with his. I’m using an i5 9600K and on mine I can’t even start the installer. At first boot my progress bar on the Apple Screen stops with around 3mm of White filling the horizontal bar. Any ideas? Thanks.
Make sure your usb is formatted in Guid partition

Hello jbrv,
Thanks for posting your build, and I bought the same parts from your list, and running into "Prohibited sign" issue ".
any ideas?
What I have already tied:
1. Read through some post about USB, I tested 2 USB sticks (one sd card in USB adaptor, one USB 2.0) in all USB ports.
2. Checked. USB Ownership, and USB Injection
3. Set Extreme Memory profile to "Profile 1"
4. Disable Fast Boot
5. Disable CSM
6. Initial Display Output to IGFX
7. Disable PTT
8. Disable Trusted Computing
9. Enabled Legacy USB, XHCI, USB mass storage, Disabled Port 60/64
10. Set SATA to AHCI
11. Disabled VT-d

Some people mentioned USBInjecALL.kext,
"
May require USBInjectAll.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
May require XHCI-unsupported.kext in EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/
"

I have the same issue :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-new-mojave-build-stuck-on-prohibited-sign.267781/

Does anyone know how to add for new installation?

Thanks

Passed that, I think my EFI/CLOVER/kexts was not created right,
Add USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext, able to install now

Now my issue is
1. Not able to boot directly from SSD, so I run MultiBeast with - QuickStart -UEFI boot
2. result in no power with Keyboard/Mouse (USB tried with all ports), on OSX login screen, "Boot masOS from MyDrive"

God! I have been working on this for the last 20 hours

Any advice is appreciated

Last edited:
Now my issue is
  1. Not able to boot directly from SSD, so I run MultiBeast with - QuickStart -UEFI boot
  2. result in no power with Keyboard/Mouse (USB tried with all ports), on OSX login screen, "Boot masOS from MyDrive"
Any advice is appreciated
Try this with MultiBeast.

Hi I have the exact Motherboard and the same CPU. I am using MSI RX 560 2GB and this WIFI+BT Card

With your EFI I have everything working except the wakeup/sleep. after sleep the PC wakes up, only display seems ok and stays off.

With my EFI the sleep/wake is very smooth but the BT is not detected.

I cannot find what makes my EFI excellent with sleep.

I will really appreciate your guidance.

Attachments

• EFI_old.zip
    27.9 MB · Views: 218
Hey man, I have the same setup here. I struggle with UHD630 right now. Did not try your clover yet. Did you get more than 8MB mem used? How did you config your BIOS on here? I use F12. Thanks.

@jbrv : I used your config and the first time after a week It really worked almost everything! Thanks a lot! I used your clover right oob (with SN adjustments of course) Even BT (ASUS BT-400) works and all USB ports.

1 Question: Technically I would like to use an RX580 as primary GPU. Any recommendations which one (Thought about Sapphire Pulse) and maybe a plan how to setup in this config?

I really would appreciate any help here. I am a total newbie to all of this here...

MS

Last edited:
use osxaptiofix2drv instead of AptioMemoryFix-64.efi in clover. that's how I solved my sleep and shutdown issue.

Wow, great – that fixed it for me too!

Thank you!

More to the point, I'm having trouble with USB3 devices. USB 2 flash drives are recognized in any port. USB3 storage only seems to work if I put a USB2 hub between the drive and the port. Do you have any ideas? Should I start a new support thread?

@JingleDjango Any luck with this? I seem to have the same issue - USB3 ports work, but only for USB2 devices, everything else works great

Hi,
I take same configuration and no error during installation.
After first boot where I put driver with MultiBeast, after apply driver I reboot, start to load OS but at round 80% of loading block and black screen, no more video signal.
Any suggestion?

Thank

PS: I use the same configuration posted by Lansmac

Hi,
I am looking for H370M DS3H USB ports numbers. External and internal.
Want to make a SSDT for USB, and I do not have access to the mobo.
Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back