Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte H370M DS3H + i5-8400 | Mojave 10.4.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your links to Amazon and Newegg go to the D3H version of the Gigabyte motherboard instead of the DS3H model. You may want to correct those so that your readers don't buy the wrong one. There is no onboard DP output on the D3H version. That is important to have for use with a 4K monitor.

Good catch, the links are updated now.

Hey,
Nice build! I am also trying to make such a build as you. Also mainly because the Mini is a little too expensive, and it looks like a cool project. Now I was doing some research on your components. Every webshop says that the WiFi adapter you refer to is not compatible with macOS, but it is working in your system? Also I want to use this Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD, will this give any problems?
Thanks in advance.
Greetz.

Hey,
Nice build! I am also trying to make such a build as you. Also mainly because the Mini is a little too expensive, and it looks like a cool project. Now I was doing some research on your components. Every webshop says that the WiFi adapter you refer to is not compatible with macOS, but it is working in your system? Also I want to use this Samsung 970 EVO 250GB M.2 SSD, will this give any problems?
Thanks in advance.
Greetz.
The WiFi adapter I bought is the one listed on the buyer's guide (TP-Link Archer T9E 802.11AC AC1900) and it worked out of the box with macOS.
I don't think that SSD would cause any issues. You might just be spending a bit more by getting a M.2 size instead of a regular 2.5 inch SSD.

Thanks. I'm putting together a very similar build and having some issues. I'll start with a BIOS update and try some things.

Ah, OK. Thanks. But, the M.2 SSD is a lot faster, right?

@jbrv my build is very similar except I'm using an i5 8600k and RX580 8GB.
I had to install in -s from an external HDD because my flash drives would crash out at HID: Legacy shim 2.
Was having constant issues after install with freezing.
Couldn't even log in without a system freeze. By mounting the system drive in another working (Sierra) system and copying over your supplied EFI folder, I've got things up and running so thanks for that.

This is my 4th hack build and so far it's been the most frustrating to get going. I'm not sure what's up. I followed the buyer's guide to a T.

More to the point, I'm having trouble with USB3 devices. USB 2 flash drives are recognized in any port. USB3 storage only seems to work if I put a USB2 hub between the drive and the port. Do you have any ideas? Should I start a new support thread?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I attached my CLOVER folder (removed serial number).

jbrv thanks so much for your post! I just finished build with this same board but haven't been able to get past square one. My Unibeast formatted Mojave USB just keeps looping back to the beginning after the first reboot and my High Sierra stick won't even get to the installer...just sticks part way through with a slash 0. I've read alot of other folks with problems with this board and was ready to just send it back and get the Z version, but after your post I realize that things have come a long way since the Chimera days and maybe I need to try to learn a little about Clover before I give up and start taking things apart.

So sorry for the dumb question, but I'm not sure what to do with your Clover folder. Obviously it'd be great to get a big head start if I can get past the installer. I made two sticks with Unibeast on 2 Apple laptops each having their respective installers in the Applications folder. On my High Sierra stick there is a CLOVER folder in this directory: Install macOS High Sierra > r4428 > 2018-12-29-17h09 > EFI. On my Mojave stick there's nothing in the EFI-Backups folder, so maybe I didn't make the stick correctly. Can you tell me how you made your original USB stick?

Also not sure what "removed serial number" means. Where is that and what should I replace it with?

Thanks!

I tried a build using the H370 DS3H with an i3 8100 for my son over Christmas and couldn’t get past the installer rebooting indefinitely.

Tonight I tried building my own system with an H370 DS3H so I could help him with his. I’m using an i5 9600K and on mine I can’t even start the installer. At first boot my progress bar on the Apple Screen stops with around 3mm of White filling the horizontal bar. Any ideas? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back