Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte H170N-WIFI, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, Streacom F1C EVO-WS Case, Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice build, You are however limited to onboard graphics which has its limitations.
Take a look at this for the future:
http://www.hd-plex.com/ No limitations with larger case.
I just built a machine using thin ITX with onboard using this case in Rose gold Aluminum.
http://luna-design.org/en/
Next will be Skylake I5 and Asus Q170T/csm using the HD-plex H1.S case with 160 Watt PFC power supply.

For iMessage make sure you have a correct MLB and ROM entered in Clover Configurator. The MLB can be generated and the ROM should be the MAC address of the device at en0.

I always configure MLB in RTVariables by copying my generated serial number and pasting it to MLB window in RTVariables, then adding 3 capitol letters to the end WTF, FTW etc...

Also, go to system preferences and generate a new uuid number. Never had any issue with iMessage or iCloud doing this.

OK I have iMessage working now. :)

The Board Serial Number was blank (duh). I could've sworn I entered that. But even after entering that and rebooting, iMessageDebug was still showing "failed" for ROM and BoardSerialNumber. After some Googling I added EmuVariableUefi to the "Drivers UEFI 64 BIT" in the Install Drivers page. After rebooting, iMessages now works.

I always configure MLB in RTVariables by copying my generated serial number and pasting it to MLB window in RTVariables, then adding 3 capitol letters to the end WTF, FTW etc...

Also, go to system preferences and generate a new uuid number. Never had any issue with iMessage or iCloud doing this.

I use this: https://github.com/theracermaster/MacGen

It generates the MLB based on your serial number provided by Clover Configurator.

have u tried fcpx with igpu? for some reason it always restarts my hackintosh. I have the same setup with i5 6400.

Hi there!

I have the exact same configuration and have been trying to get Sierra to work for the last 2 months without any success. I still have this problems:
  • Wifi doesn't work. I have tried each and every guide on this forum with no success.
  • IGFX keeps showing the black artifacts on the top left part of the screen.
  • IGFX is detected as "Intel HD Graphics 7000 1536 MB".
  • When I try to shutdown the computer, it restarts.
So, to see if I finally get this thing to work, I would kindly as you this:
  1. Can you provide us your config.plist so I can compare it with mine?
  2. Can you link/show me the exact steps you followed to get wifi/igfx to work?
Thanks in advance!

Hi there!
So, to see if I finally get this thing to work, I would kindly as you this:
  1. Can you provide us your config.plist so I can compare it with mine?
  2. Can you link/show me the exact steps you followed to get wifi/igfx to work?
Thanks in advance!

Sure I'll do what I can!

I had the IGFX artifact issue too, but I followed the steps here to resolve that. Setting ig-platform-id to 0x19120000 is what helps OSX to properly identify the HD530 GPU (but I might be wrong about that). Including the config.plist Device settings as dgladkov specified is what finally resolved the artifacting.

To fix the WiFi I followed techgeec's steps regarding the kext find/replace and the config.plist settings.

I didn't have the shutdown/restart issue so I'm afraid I can't help you there.

Good luck!

About Mac.png

You can fix the restart problem by checking FixShutdown in Clover Configurator --> Acpi (If you can't find it take a look at the screenshot below)

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-26 um 15.21.30.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-02-26 um 15.21.30.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 185
Dual monitors working? Planning to do this exact build but I use dual 1080p monitors atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back