Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte H170N-WIFI, i5 6500, 16GB RAM, Streacom F1C EVO-WS Case, Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've managed to fix the video problems. But wifi is still a problem. I just can't find a way to get it to work.
It's probably the Intel chipset that Gigabyte has used in the past. If you want WiFi/BT, you'll have to do something like I did with Hector or the PCIe cards in Gene or MyHero. Unfortunately, they're out of stock. So is the Fenvi PCIe card.

Does your WiFi/BT card use a mSATA or M.2 slot on the motherboard?

It's probably the Intel chipset that Gigabyte has used in the past. If you want WiFi/BT, you'll have to do something like I did with Hector or the PCIe cards in Gene or MyHero. Unfortunately, they're out of stock. So is the Fenvi PCIe card.

Does your WiFi/BT card use a mSATA or M.2 slot on the motherboard?

Thanks for the help! This is the wifi card I have:

Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0156DVQ7G/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Mine doesn't work at all, I have changed the MB and CPU. It doesn't boot off USB with Unibeast. Just goes black. If I do get it booted it reports 8mb of graphics men and 8 GB of system (should be 16)

Not sure what to change now...

Tried with El Capitan too :(

there is detailed post with log output on https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/cant-boot-off-usb-unibeast.220439/

Last edited:
I have also ordered F1C case. Is there a problem with fitting wifi card into it? Low-profile pci is not supported.

I have also ordered F1C case. Is there a problem with fitting wifi card into it? Low-profile pci is not supported.

Are you planning to use a standard PCI WiFi card? There are no traditional PCI card-sized openings on the case, so you won't be able to mount the antennas (at least not externally), and the card may not fit inside the case.

If you use the Broadcom card specified in the parts list, then you should be good-to-go. It's working well for mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back