Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i7-4770K GTX 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made the mistake of not reading the forums properly and building a system around a GA-Z97X-UD3H.

I stupidly thought that a newer version would be better,,,and it was cheaper! :rolleyes:

I spent ages trying to figure out why I couldn't install OS X, even though I followed the instructions to the letter. Now I know why! D'oh!!!!

I'm now stuck with a lovely Carbide 500R case, all nicely put together and tidy, with the GA-Z97X-UD3H, Intel 4770K and H60 cooler, 16 GB Ram, GTX 760, a 120GB SSD for OS X and a 250GB SSD for Window 8.1 sitting in my room......

I am debating whether or not to install Windows and wait for an updated UniBeast in the future, The dilemma is of course, will this then make it hard/impossible to install OS x at a later date? Any advice would be gratefully received!

I made the mistake of not reading the forums properly and building a system around a GA-Z97X-UD3H...I am debating whether or not to install Windows and wait for an updated UniBeast in the future, The dilemma is of course, will this then make it hard/impossible to install OS x at a later date? Any advice would be gratefully received!
Yeah, being an Early Adopter is a PITA, especially when Apple has yet to support the 9-Series chipset in OS X. And 10.9.4 has some surprises for us, too.

However, the information in the original post in this thread will get you installed with Mavericks. I didn't have too much of a problem installing 10.9.4 with a discrete graphics card on a H97N-WiFi motherboard; my problems arose when I attempted to use the on-board graphics (w/o a discrete graphics card). So, go for it using UniBeast 4 and the latest MultiBeast version.

>>Is Powermanagement working for you ? C / PStates ?

Yes, this is all working like my prior build since the CPU is the same.

The only thing I noticed different is the SATA controller shows as Generic AHCI controller instead of Intel Series 6

How did you verify that the C-States are working?
I've got the same board, different CPU though but the multiplier doesn't move which probably means speedstepping isn't kicking in at all.

Hello, on this motherboard Gigabyte Z97-UD5H what is not functional? Thank you for your reply.

I cannot get the system to boot up. I followed Stork's guide but still no luck. (Early Adopters > Mavericks on a Gigabyte H/Z97N-WIFI using HD4600 - No Graphics Card Needed!)

I get kernal panics every time. I have tried no flags, -v, -x, -f, maxmem=8192 and about every combination of these with no luck. If I use maxmem= it gets stuck just after the DRM itunes like others are seeing.

Any suggestions?

Specs:
Processor: i7-4790K
Graphics: None, using on-board
Motherboard: GA-Z97X-UD5H
Memory: 16GB (2x8GB) Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB SSD
Power Supply: Corsair CX600M

I am in the same situation as old deck; Same issues; I cannot even get to the unibeast install screen. Does anyone actually know what to do? It does not make any sense how the OP had easy success with his build, whereas we can't even get to the unibeast install screen. Anyone know what's going on with this board?

My build is in my profile

Hello, on this motherboard Gigabyte Z97-UD5H what is not functional? Thank you for your reply.

I know you were probably asking the OP, but I would AVOID THIS BOARD AT ALL COSTS. No one can seem to answer why many of us can't even through installation, let alone using multi-beast. I personally think this board should be taken off the buyer's guide completely.

Got to the install screen. I used -v -x maxmem=4096 even though I have 16GB. You know what they say, the 37th times a charm.

I can get back into the OS to run MultiBeast but after a re-boot I get KP's no matter what combination of flags I use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back