Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i7-4770K GTX 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much. I have the Hyper X Fury 1866 CL10 240.
HX318C10FK2/16.

thanks for responding.

BUT, what have your results been if you install from scratch?????????

10114.png

My previous setup includes:

Intel Core i7 4770K
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
EVGA GTX 650
16GB DDR3 1600mhz memory
Samsung 840 Pro - 512GB

When I saw the new Z97X-UD5H motherboard, really fell in love with the gold theme.

I basically swapped out the old motherboard and replaced it with this brand new one.

At 1st I tried to boot with -x -v and it would just get stuck repeatedly. Then I decided, what the heck just let it boot on it's own with no switches.

Viola, it went straight into the boot screen. The only thing I needed to update really was the Audio driver.

The system is working stable and solid all day long and includes posting on this forum too.

Currently running OSX 10.9.3

BUT, what have your results been if you install from scratch?????????

I think scratch build will be hard until Apple releases an update that recognizes the chipset and other devices. The reason it works when you transfer a working Haswell build is that the Z97 chipset is backwards compatible.

If you don't have access to a previous gen build, why would you even want to consider a Z97 build? There is negligible performance increase so you better off spending the most on a Z87 board that will give you the most compatibility and ease of install.

The reason I bought the board because this is my hobby. There is a challenge and satisfaction with being early adopters. If you are doing a scratch build I seriously would consider going with a Z87 mobo then wait for Apple to update then things will get easier eventually.

Great thread, this is one of the boards I've been looking at getting. Anyone been using this board with the full 32gb of ram, and is it still been running stable?

My build has 32GB of RAM. As a rule of thumb to eliminate any incompatibilities I started the build with only 2GB eventually when everything was working well I swapped back in the 32GB RAM. I see no reason why it wouldn't work unless you have a problem with the memory slot or the ram itself.

I think scratch build will be hard until Apple releases an update that recognizes the chipset and other devices. The reason it works when you transfer a working Haswell build is that the Z97 chipset is backwards compatible.

If you don't have access to a previous gen build, why would you even want to consider a Z97 build? There is negligible performance increase so you better off spending the most on a Z87 board that will give you the most compatibility and ease of install.

The reason I bought the board because this is my hobby. There is a challenge and satisfaction with being early adopters. If you are doing a scratch build I seriously would consider going with a Z87 mobo then wait for Apple to update then things will get easier eventually.
I was just wanting to know if you have tried it yet.

I have the Z97X-UD5H-BK version. I too had little issue after simply swapping the boards (previous board Z87X-UD3H). I eventually got everything working fine. I have also installed it from scratch several times, using both 10.9.1 and 10.9.3 install disks, and although I've had mixed results, I have been successful in getting everything working.

10114.png

My previous setup includes:

Intel Core i7 4770K
Gigabyte Z87X-D3H
EVGA GTX 650
16GB DDR3 1600mhz memory
Samsung 840 Pro - 512GB

When I saw the new Z97X-UD5H motherboard, really fell in love with the gold theme.

I basically swapped out the old motherboard and replaced it with this brand new one.

At 1st I tried to boot with -x -v and it would just get stuck repeatedly. Then I decided, what the heck just let it boot on it's own with no switches.

Viola, it went straight into the boot screen. The only thing I needed to update really was the Audio driver.

The system is working stable and solid all day long and includes posting on this forum too.

Currently running OSX 10.9.3
Hey , I am going to buy a new motherboard for my new 4790k , is ud5h full compatible ? It will work fine ? Any difficulty ? Please tell me because I am going to upgrade and don't want to buy something useless !!!:)

Hey , I am going to buy a new motherboard for my new 4790k , is ud5h full compatible ? It will work fine ? Any difficulty ? Please tell me because I am going to upgrade and don't want to buy something useless !!!:)
Let's see now...in the original post, the author stated:
...The system is working stable and solid all day long and includes posting on this forum too...

So, what's your question? :rolleyes:

I just want to be 100% sure about the motherboard choice , I am going to spend around 1k$ :crazy:for CPU-mb-ram and it will be a shame not to work fine !! Sorry for my sily question :banghead:

you'll find in any situation there is always some sort of workaround. In fact I thrive on it, especially in old days getting Nvidia cards to work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back