Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD5H i7-4770K GTX 650 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you have any issues with screen flickering due to HD 4600? (assuming that's why you used GraphicsEnabler and PCI).

No, I have a gtx 660, I just kept trying solutions at random to get into setup.

I still need GraphicsEnabler=No but I no longer use PCIRootUID=1 and I just leave it to default (0 I think).

I did see sound assertions during boot sometimes, but not always, which is kind of weird.
When I was able to enter the install with -x, I did have screen flickering.
I've installed Win 8.1 for now on one of my SSDs & I might try to get 10.9.3 working later again today.

I've got the exact same mobo as OP and i'm running into some difficulty after installing OSX from my USB. After I choose boot from HD, it just hangs at the apple loading screen while the loading wheel goes round.

Could anyone possibly send me some screenshots of the BIOS settings, or just tell me what you've changed from the defaults?

I would really appreciate the help.

I've also got a 4770K and a gtx 770 4gb with crucial ballistix 16GB if its of any help.

This is a real bummer for all of you guys. Because of this thread, I wanted to get the same motherboard, but now I have my doubts. I am going to follow this thread very closely and see how it develops. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

I have had some success with this motherboard after a couple of days failing to get past the apple logo loading screen after Mavericks installation (which i had to use safemode for to finish the setup btw).

Basically I could see from verbose mode that my board was hanging at "Cannot connect to itunes/app store", I could get to the desktop fine however with -v -x (verbose safe mode boot).

I then tried the Mac App store fix here: http://osx-hackintosh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/fixing-unknown-error-has-occurred.html

And after reboot, I booted back into my SSD, the apple logo was replaced by a tonymac apple logo and after a few seconds - voila! It booted straight into my desktop and all my kexts were working bar the audio. I could access the internet, itunes, mac store and there was no screen flickering. It recognized my correctly clocked CPU, 16GB RAM and GTX 770.

I tried re-running multibeast to ensure the audio kext was installed (as it was not showing up in the sounds preferences) and rebooting. This time however it went straight to its usual apple logo loading screen and spinning wheel. Oh dear!

I will do a couple more tests when I get back to try and narrow it down to what could be the issue, but it looks like it booted fine when all of the network interfaces were removed. I will update here when I find out the problem!

I've experienced some of the same frustrations early on and got stuck as well.

Unibeast USB worked fine initially, OSX installed on fresh SSD, after reboot it would crash even with -x -v PCIRootUID=0

I got frustrated after 4-5 differen't restarts with various switches commonly used.

My test bed:

- Core i7 4770K
- 2GB DDR3 stick
- EVGA GTX 650 1GB

I didn't give up since Unibeast was able to boot, I knew that some other ways must be possible.

So I cloned my working 10.8.2 Hackintosh SSD which has a GA-Z87m-D3H motherboard and the same GPU and CPU.

At 1st boot with Unibeast with -x -v it failed to boot. Then with no switches it went straight into OSX without audio working.

After I got Chameleon to install, I ran Multibeast 6.2 again to get the Audio working on the 3rd reboot.

I posted in my screenshot the Multibeast profile.

I think the problem is that you can't really get a fresh build working with this hardware, the 1st boot up has some type of hardware detection that causes crashes.

With a working build it doesn't check for hardware and just uses the previous working hardware configs and was able to get me straight in without any issues.

So, if any of you has a working OSX image from another build you may want to go that route and clone it over.

lol, I had an almost exact opposite experience, visoneer. I had a previous install of mavericks but I was on very different hardware. I tried getting that up and running but got no such luck unless I was using -x. I had little trouble getting unibeast mavericks install working off of USB. I used PCIRootUID=1 and GraphicsEnabler=No with -x and no problems doing a fresh install. The only trouble I'm having is audio. I'm hoping with some time someone will get a proper driver/patching method to get it working.

Ok, I can finally say I have a fully functioning Hackintosh now. My specs are as follows:

• GA-Z97X-UD5H Motherboard
  • 16GB Crucial Ballistix 1600MHz memory
  • NVIDIA GTX 770 4GB
  • SSD x 2 (one for Mavericks, one for Windows 8.1)
  • Corsair carbide case & H80i Water cooler
  • Core-i7 4770K overclocked by 23% to 4.3GHz
  • TP-Link Wireless PCI card (tonymac recommended one)

Installation method:

1. Install Mavericks 10.9.3 via Chimera bootloader, using no flags to get to initial installation, then "-x" for completing the setup
  2. Once installed, reboot and choose SSD. You must boot with "-x" initially to get to the desktop in order to run multibeast and sort everything out. No boot flags results in the white apple logo screen with spinning wheel:beachball:
  3. Once you have gotten to the desktop, run the latest MultiBeast (6.3 at time of writing) and copy OP's multibeast settings apart from audio. You may want to reboot at this time and return to the desktop with -x.
  4. Next, go to System/Library/Extensions and delete AppleHDA.kext
  5. You should have internet connectivity through your on-board wireless card, if you don't and are using ethernet then you must install the latest intel kext through multibeast. Download a copy of Kext Wizard.
  6. Repair permissions on System/Library/Extensions and repair cache also. Now reboot.
  7. You should be able to get to the desktop now without any boot flags. Hurray! However, you have no sound, sigh:( It looks like the ALC1150 sound kext for this board is incompatible for the moment
  8. To get sound on this board, you can either use USB sound interface card or you can use the on-board sound by running multibeast again and ONLY selecting the latest Voodoo HDA (2.8.4 i believe?) - if you install the other ones it will render you unable to get to the desktop without safe mode.
  9. Once installed, run Kext Wizard and again repair permissions and cache.
  10. Reboot, and voila! You should have a up and running mac. Note: The reboot time here can be a little long, up to 30 seconds. To speed this up simply do the following:

• Reboot in -s
  • when you see root# type the following:

mount -uw /

cd /System/Library/Extensions

mkdir intel_back

mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/

Reboot

You can replace "intel_back" with whatever folder name you like, this basically moves the kexts associated with internal graphics to that folder. This will mean that you might not be able to use your internal graphics, but hey, you have a graphics card for that. If you do wish to use your internal graphics simply take them out of the folder and re install them using kext wizard.

Another fix I did to get the mac app and itunes store up and running also:
http://osx-hackintosh.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/fixing-unknown-error-has-occurred.html

Credit to Carpentryplus25 and 500e and the others in finding a way for the Z97 boards can work pretty flawlessly now. Their thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...byte-z97x-gaming-7-g1-i7-4470k-gtx-760-a.html

Any questions please do not be afraid to ask, I'll help out wherever I can :)

Screen Shot 2014-06-04 at 00.34.27.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back