Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770K, 32GB, 480GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvelous post dawsman! Your build is almost exactly the same build I was going for minus the SSD's and... the CPU cooler. Not the greatest idea for my fist computer build to be a Hackintosh, but I'm looking forward to it. Any advice in selecting a CPU cooler?

I know you went with:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler

I was looking at this
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H80i http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZN03AA/

because I read somewhere that this wouldn't fit, or it would but awkwardly.
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZN03AA/

Marvelous post dawsman! Your build is almost exactly the same build I was going for minus the SSD's and... the CPU cooler. Not the greatest idea for my fist computer build to be a Hackintosh, but I'm looking forward to it. Any advice in selecting a CPU cooler?

I know you went with:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler

I was looking at this
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H80i http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZN03AA/

because I read somewhere that this wouldn't fit, or it would but awkwardly.
Corsair Hydro Series Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H100i http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009ZN03AA/

Thanks

Sorry, I can't help you regarding the compatibility of those liquid coolers. However, considering they are Corsair coolers and presumably you're going for the same Corsair case that I have (500r), surely Corsair have a compatibility guide somewhere that you can refer to.

Hello Dawsman,

I've got an almost identical build.

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
i7 3770K
EVGA GTX 670

NZXT Full Case
750 Corsair PSU
2x Samsung 240 GB SSD's at Raid 0 following a tutorial online.
27' Thunderbolt Cinema Display via thunderbolt / mdp on the HD4000

The issue I'm having is a few kernal panics when restarting the computer to get the sound to work. One solution I found was that the Audio defaults to internal speakers which I don't have and the way I've fixed it is to change it to Display Audio via USB?

I'm just curious if this is an easy fix or if there's something I may have forgotten.

I also apologize if someone has already asked this, but I just don't have the time to read through all of the posts.

Thanks in advance.

Success

Thank you Dawsman, I've got a very similar rig, stumbled upon this guide and got it overclocked and reporting in the os. I had to disable EIST. Working through running both the Intel display and a GT640. Looks like I'm getting chunky video out on the intel dvi. Many thanks for documenting your build results.

Hello Dawsman,

I've got an almost identical build.

GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
i7 3770K
EVGA GTX 670

NZXT Full Case
750 Corsair PSU
2x Samsung 240 GB SSD's at Raid 0 following a tutorial online.
27' Thunderbolt Cinema Display via thunderbolt / mdp on the HD4000

The issue I'm having is a few kernal panics when restarting the computer to get the sound to work. One solution I found was that the Audio defaults to internal speakers which I don't have and the way I've fixed it is to change it to Display Audio via USB?

I'm just curious if this is an easy fix or if there's something I may have forgotten.

I also apologize if someone has already asked this, but I just don't have the time to read through all of the posts.

Thanks in advance.

I'm not sure what's causing your kernel panics, but I'd guess that it might be something to do with your thunderbolt display. I have 24" cinema displays which have audio via USB, and that's what is set in system preferences and it works. Note that I can also get audio via optical digital out but only when using XMBC Media Centre software. No kernel panics.

Are you certain it's audio related? Users GBZ77 and emrax had issues related to their thunderbolt monitors, and emrax found the solution which involves entering a graphics mode resolution into org.chemeleon.boot.plist. See emrax's post here: post#179.

I have those strings in my org.chameleon.boot.plist with my screen resolution. I'm currently plugging in my cinema display in the thunderbolt port, but I feel may need to switch that to the GTX 670 DP with a MDP to DP adapter. It seems as though my kernal panics are also due to unplugging peripherals. I'll have to check with a few things first, but as of now it seems as though when I boot into the UEFI and restart I don't seem to get the kernel panics. It's pretty odd.

Any suggestions on what's causing the kernel panic are appreciated.

Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to update that I changed my org.chamelion.boot.plist to Graphics Enabler Yes and that has pretty much stopped the kernal panics. However a few more issues are now up. Sometimes when I restart my computer I no longer can press f12 to get to the bios/uefi and the audio for Display via USB is not even an option within my settings. After a successful restart the Display via USB comes back.

Any idea what I might have wrong here?

Here's my org.chamelion.boot.plist if anyone can figure out what the problem is.

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>8800000001000000010000007c0000000200000002010c00d041030a000000000101060000027fff0400100000006d006f00640065006c0000001a000000496e74656c20484420477261706869637320343030302c0000004100410050004c002c00690067002d0070006c006100740066006f0072006d002d006900640000000800000005006201</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>2560x1440x32</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Help as always is appreciated.

After setting up the system (see post # 182) it works OK when I boot after power disconnect.
Sleep also works OK most of the times, however:
Sometimes when the system wakes up after sleep, Facetime camera and Audio don't work.
If this happens rebooting does not solve the problem, only a boot after power disconnect.

I have made console logs from the good and the bad situation and tried to analyse it.
There are differences, but I cannot find the reason for Facetime camera and Audio not working.
Hope somebody can give me hints to help resolve this issue

Attachments

• Force sleep Bad 20130727.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 177
  • Force sleep OK 20130727.txt
    12.3 KB · Views: 328
Hey, I'm really really new to this. So I'm sorry if I seem incredibly ignorant and inexperienced (it's probably because I am).

I have the same Motherboard, and I'm using a SSD 64G|CRUCIAL CT064M4SSD2 R to boot my OS (I'm planning on doing a duel boot, Windows, and MacOS), and finally, I have a GTX Titan Graphics Card (I figured I'd check GraphicsEnabler=no, but I'm still unclear as to why....)

So I tried to delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext-- first I tried to delete it directly from the library folder in the GUI, but because I still have to boot in safe mode, from the USB in order to even access macOS, I cant. Then I tried deleting it in terminal using various commands and at one point I thought I was successful, but I still got a rampaging case of kernel panic.

My questions:

Where and how do I edit the files: AppleTyMCEDriver.kext,

How do I access org.chamelion.Boot.plist, is it Terminal? And if so, what command line do I use to do it?

What on earth does DSDT stand for, and why don't I need it?

Please forgive my n00bish-ness.

Hi dawsman: have you fixed your sleep issues? check post #30 of my build im just trying that and its working fine. I think it was worthy to share with you.

cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back