Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, i7 3770K, 32GB, 480GB SSD, 2TB HDD, GTX 670

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! What's your Geekbench score?

I read an earlier version of your post, where you said your overclocked frequency wasn't showing in About this Mac. Rest assured that your processor will be running at the overclocked frequency, and the true frequency is be displayed correctly in System Report (About this Mac/More info). However, to display it properly in About this Mac (purely cosmetic), there are 2 options (I recommend the second one):

1. Disable speed stepping (EIST) in BIOS

2. Edit the clock speed in smbios.plist as described in post #78 of this thread.

My Windows 8 kept crashing so I decided to re-install Windows 8 and raise the voltage to see if that makes the crashing stop.

But just did a GeekBench and only got 12,006 using 32-Bit.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1992321

Is 12,006 usual for 4.2 Ghz?

My Windows 8 kept crashing so I decided to re-install Windows 8 and raise the voltage to see if that makes the crashing stop.

But just did a GeekBench and only got 12,006 using 32-Bit.

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1992321

Is 12,006 usual for 4.2 Ghz?

Edit: Just noticed you ran your benchmark in Windows 8. My higher result below was in OSX. I re-ran the 32-bit benchmark in Windows 8 and got a score of 11,778. So your score is good, that's assuming mine is approximately on par using a similar over clock!

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1993752

------------------------------------------------

Not too bad. My current over clock is 4.2 GHz (turbo ratios 4.2/ 4.2/ 4.1/ 4.0) which gives a 32-bit score of 13,867 (64-bit score is 15,058).

I managed to achieve this over clock with the stock CPU Vcore.

What kind of CPU cooler do you have?

Make sure your RAM frequency is set properly in BIOS. For example, I have 1600MHz RAM but the default BIOS setting is 1333MHz.

Edit: Just noticed you ran your benchmark in Windows 8. My higher result below was in OSX. I re-ran the 32-bit benchmark in Windows 8 and got a score of 11,778. So your score is good, that's assuming mine is approximately on par using a similar over clock!

http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1993752

------------------------------------------------

Not too bad. My current over clock is 4.2 GHz (turbo ratios 4.2/ 4.2/ 4.1/ 4.0) which gives a 32-bit score of 13,867 (64-bit score is 15,058).

I managed to achieve this over clock with the stock CPU Vcore.

What kind of CPU cooler do you have?

Make sure your RAM frequency is set properly in BIOS. For example, I have 1600MHz RAM but the default BIOS setting is 1333MHz.

I am using a Corsair H80i and loving it!

I did not overclock my RAM so the frequency is at 1333MHz but the RAM is 1600MHz, should I change the frequency in BIOS?
By stock CPU Vcore do you mean you set the setting as "Normal" or "Auto"?

I am using a Corsair H80i and loving it!

I did not overclock my RAM so the frequency is at 1333MHz but the RAM is 1600MHz, should I change the frequency in BIOS?
By stock CPU Vcore do you mean you set the setting as "Normal" or "Auto"?

Yes, change the frequency in BIOS. It's under the "MIT" tab, "Advanced frequency settings". Set "Extreme Memory Profile" to "Profile 1", that should change the "System memory multiplier" to 16 (=1600 MHz). I had my memory overclocked to 1866MHz, but I've reduced it back to 1600MHz and also lowered my processor overclock from 4.7GHz to 4.2GHz - no particular reason, although I guess hardware longevity came to mind.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you get a higher memory performance score than me if your RAM is only running at 1333MHz? Although my memory bandwith performance was higher. I'd be interested to see the results of another GB run after you increase your RAM frequency.

By stock CPU Vcore I mean whatever the setting is when setup defaults are loaded. I forget what the voltage is and I don't currently have access to my Hackintosh.

I reset my BIOS and changed the turbo ratios to 42 42 41 40 didn't touch the voltage, hopefully no more blue screen.:D
Also set my RAM to 1600 MHz and got 12517 on GeekBench 32-bit version using Windows.
http://browser.primatelabs.com/geekbench2/1997711

Yes, change the frequency in BIOS. It's under the "MIT" tab, "Advanced frequency settings". Set "Extreme Memory Profile" to "Profile 1", that should change the "System memory multiplier" to 16 (=1600 MHz). I had my memory overclocked to 1866MHz, but I've reduced it back to 1600MHz and also lowered my processor overclock from 4.7GHz to 4.2GHz - no particular reason, although I guess hardware longevity came to mind.

I'm a bit puzzled as to why you get a higher memory performance score than me if your RAM is only running at 1333MHz? Although my memory bandwith performance was higher. I'd be interested to see the results of another GB run after you increase your RAM frequency.

By stock CPU Vcore I mean whatever the setting is when setup defaults are loaded. I forget what the voltage is and I don't currently have access to my Hackintosh.
perhaps you dont have your RAM sticks plugged into the correct slots? Dual channel memory requires a paired stick of RAM to function at full speed. Just a suggestion to check.

perhaps you dont have your RAM sticks plugged into the correct slots? Dual channel memory requires a paired stick of RAM to function at full speed. Just a suggestion to check.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have 4 x 8GB, so all 4 slots are filled.

techfanatic9 - do you have the same RAM configuration (4 x 8GB) or something different?

Thanks for the suggestion. I have 4 x 8GB, so all 4 slots are filled.

techfanatic9 - do you have the same RAM configuration (4 x 8GB) or something different?

Yes I do 4 x 8GB of HyperX Kingston RAM.

I just want to check if anyone here has this mobo and the 3770k chip working ok with sleep through bluetooth wireless keyboard and mouse?

My setup is just about perfect, except for sleep. Under bluetooth (using a modified apple module) it just will not reconnect after as no keys are able to be written onto the login screen (despite recognising it working as i press a key to wake the mac up).
This important thing is killing me.

Im tempted to buy the IO gear chip, but I really would prefer to get this apple module to work (works everywhere else, even in BIOS) and im now worried if i get the IO gear, the chip may also just not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back