CPU
i7-9750H
Graphics
UHD 630, 1920 x 1080
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello my fellow Hackintoshers. I'll get straight to the point.

I am expecting the above-mentioned motherboard sometime next week. Now I have tried doing my search around the forums, and found some info about other builds of Gigabyte Z270 motherboards (including Gaming 7 and 8), but not much for 9. I'd like to know if any of you have any builds with this motherboard for High Sierra, how did it go, or rather what to expect to be working.

Seeing as this motherboard has features like USB-C, Thunderbolt, and Wi-Fi, I am guessing, that I won't be getting full feature functionality on this board (like the Wi-Fi for instance).

I will be using this machine for video editing on Premiere Pro CC (hence the EVGA GeForce 1050 Ti card), and I'd like to know if High Sierra will be stable enough for that kind of work? Otherwise I will be dual-booting with Windows and just edit my videos there.

Thank you in advance.

So, my High Sierra Hackintosh is working perfectly. Here's the rundown:

What works?
  • On-board Ethernet (Killer E2500)
  • On-board Bluetooth (Qualcomm Atheros QCA61x4)
  • On-board Audio (Creative Sound Blaster ZxRi) - Rear Line Out
  • USB 3.0 and USB-C (both front and back)
  • Dedicated NVIDIA (EVGA GeForce GTX) 1050 Ti GPU with HP Envy 27s display (in 4K)
  • All my SATA hard drives, SATA SSD drive, and M.2 SSD drive
  • Sleep function
  • Dual-boot with Windows 10
  • Buttery smooth 4K Video Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2018 (in both OpenCL and Metal)
  • HWMonitor readings for the fans, temperature etc.
What doesn't work?
  • On-board Wi-fi (Killer Wireless 1535). I know there are Linux drivers, wondering how possible it would be to maybe port them (?) to MacOS someday. Don't need them at the moment though, as I'm using the Ethernet for Internet.
Haven't tested:
  • The rest of the I/O of Audio (mic etc)
  • Thunderbolt 3
My installation
- Install Windows 10 first on a separate SSD
- Make Unibeast USB with UEFI Boot Loader
- Boot with USB Ownership & USB Injection for the installation (every single time it restarts until Multibeast drivers are installed)
Multibeast Drivers
- Audio: VoodooHDA v.2 9.0d10 (AppleALC does NOT work for me at all).
- Misc: FakeSMC Plugins, FakeSMC HWMonitor Application, NullCPUPowerManagement, and Core Graphics Fixup AKA WhateverGreen
- Network: AtherosE2200Ethernet v.2.2.2
- USB: 3rd party USB 3.0, Remove XHCI USB Port Limit, and USBInjectAll
- Bootloader: Clover UEFI Boot mode + Emulated NVRAM
- Graphics Configuration: NVIDIA Web Drivers Boot Flag
- System Definition: Mac Pro 6.1
And then installed the NVIDIA Web Drivers.

Hope it helps anyone considering a custom build with this motherboard.

Same configuration except for the video card but USB 3.0 does not work. Do you have any solution?

Same configuration except for the video card but USB 3.0 does not work. Do you have any solution?
From the latest Multibeast, navigate to Drivers, then USB. Select to install “Remove XHCI Port Limit” and “USBInjectAll”.

USB Type-C, Type-A and USB 2.0 ports work, but USB 3.0 still does not work.
It's a pity because I can not get fast connectors on the front panel of the cabinet.
"USB: 3rd party USB 3.0" must be installed or not? I installed them.

USB Type-C, Type-A and USB 2.0 ports work, but USB 3.0 still does not work.
It's a pity because I can not get fast connectors on the front panel of the cabinet.
"USB: 3rd party USB 3.0" must be installed or not? I installed them.
Were the front ports working before or under Windows?

And the latest Multibeast (or the latest USB kexts if installing manually) are different than before, so make sure you use the latest ones. See post 2 by Stork (the USB section) of https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-14-2-update.266771/ to ensure the patch in config.plist is correct (you can use Clover Configurator).

I used “3rd party USB 3.0” when I was in High Sierra then updated to Mojave, but when I did a clean installation of Mojave, I realized I didn’t need it.

I'm using the Gaming 7 mainboard, not sure if the USB port configuration is identical, but if you're using the iMac18,3 SMBIOS, you can try this kext.

Attachments

• Z270X_Gaming.kext.zip
    2.3 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
I'm using the Gaming 7 mainboard, not sure if the USB port configuration is identical, but if you're using the iMac18,3 SMBIOS, you can try this FakeSMC.
With that fakeSMC the system did not start anymore.
I solved everything by updating to Mojave.

With that fakeSMC the system did not start anymore.
Ok, if you use different HWMonitor plugins, this can happen. So I uploaded a kext to prevent this issue.
I solved everything by updating to Mojave.
Does that mean that USB 3 works?

My previous post has been updated.

Ok, if you use different HWMonitor plugins, this can happen. So I uploaded a kext to prevent this issue.

Does that mean that USB 3 works?

My previous post has been updated.

Upgrading to mojave everything works including USB 3.0. However I have a SSD on which I have still installed High Sierra, as soon as I have time I'll try with the new drivers you've posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back