Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Ultra Gaming HD 530 with 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, First of all thanks for comprehensive explanation which helped me build one similar to your system. I have everything working except 2 problems and maybe you had the same issues and could help me to get directed to the right direction.
1. Midi keyboards are not recognized. actually the computer recognizes the usb devise but can not find it when I try to add a midi devise. I also downloaded the drivers and no luck again. I suspect that the MIDI firmware is missing. The audio inputs and outputs work fine (microphone, aux, etc..). please let me know if you have any thoughts. I have been researching but it seams there is not much info on MIDI problems.
This is from; About This Mac>System Report> Hardware>USB . ..So it finds the devise
USB 3.0 Bus:
Host Controller Driver: AppleUSBXHCISPT
PCI Device ID: 0xa12f
PCI Revision ID: 0x0031
PCI Vendor ID: 0x8086

Yamaha MOX6/MOX8:
Product ID: 0x1503
Vendor ID: 0x0499 (Yamaha Corporation)
Version: 1.00
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Yamaha Corporation
Location ID: 0x14d00000 / 1
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 2
Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

2. There is an annoying buzz in my speakers. it seams the CPU noise gets into the speakers some how. I plugged in the computer separate from the power source of the speaker (different power line (circuit breaker) ) and the noise been reduced half volume. the reason I think it is CPU related because I when I move the mouse of CPU gets worked up, the noise gets worse. I use Yamaha HS8 Speakers connected to the Apollo twin and Apollo connected to the computer with a USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 with an Apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. The Thunderbolt port works fine. I think there might be noise leakage from the motherboard to the USB-C port. that said when I use the Headphone to monitor there is no noise. when I unplug the speaker from Apollo while the speaker is powered on, it fixes the noise. It seams I can not find the correlation of the noise source.
good afternoon questiomn ? how did you get thunderbolt working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back