Contribute
Register

SUCCESS !!! Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 + Intel 4930k 3.4ghz + GTX 780 Mavericks 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KRIS

Is VT-d disabled in BIOS?
Have you already tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the Chimera prompt page?
Yes. I then got some help from a student who managed to install it but it took him the better part of two nights :). It is working and I am getting a 20779 benchmark with all the stock CPU and Ram settings. The next step is to get the Apollo sound card working over FireWire with my Allegro FW800 PCIe card. The FireWire flashed Apollo works well on my MacBook (which used with thunderbolt until now) but on the HackMac it stutters. I started a new thread for that though. Thanks for the help!! I will keep posting here on the progress of things.

Update

Apollo is working well now :). I just switched to the furthest port to try this it out (I remembered I had something like this years back on a Mac Pro) and lo and behold it started working straight away. The other ports work well with external drives. I have successfully imported my data from a macbook pro using the migration assistant and the macbook in Target mode.

Last edited:
The next problem to tackle is USB3. It's not working well. Discs eject themselves and don't read or write properly. I have tried installing the latest USB 3 driver using Multibeast but to no avail. Apparently Multibeast 5.2.1 seems to solve that issue but I can't manage to download it... The site says I am to fast and need to slow down with the downloads :D

Hey all,

I've got your same build and used your guide to build my hackintosh and things are working beautifully, except 1 thing...Recently I tried to do a 400 gig transfer over USB 3 and it stopped...I tried 4 differnent port and the file transfer kicks out at random times but it kicks out on all of them...Thoughts?

Thanks,

jb

@Kris

Did you get your USB 3 issue figured out?

Hey there guys a bit late to this party.

First off many thanks for everyone helping everyone out as much as they can, seriously awesome.

Maybe someone could shed some light on some issue I'm having.

My build is a bit different: 4820k and a 7870 XT.

I built my UniBeast with 10.9.5 and MultiBeast 6.5

Everything is working smoothly except for booting. For whatever reason I can't seem to boot properly (I will take a picture to show you what i'm talking about). Right after post and the mobo is looking for the hard drive to boot into, I get a bunch of jarble. Now, when I restart and boot first into my UniBeast usb drive, and select the osx partition out of the two options BOOM everything boots up fine.

Here's a copy of my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>npci=0x3000 PCIRootUID=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>

And here's a copy of my smbios.plist

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacPro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro5,1</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8129TR4GWR</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MultiBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Any ideas and or help and or solution/s would be great thanks!

Hi,
i have built a machine with the same configuration, almost.

Everything is working just fine except audio.

Can someone with the same motherboard and working audio, upload the AppleHDA kext please?

Thanks

it works, thanks a lot to OP!!! :clap::clap::thumbup:

Hey guys,

I have roughly the same configuration as you guys, but I can't get this installer working for Yosemite at all.

For some reason I can't seem to get passed the bootload to the language settings screen. I've tried a lot of different combinations of setting boot flags but either the loading crashes or my computer just completely shuts off. Any ideas on how to get passed this?

PC Specs:

GeForce GTX 780
Intel Core i7-4930K Processor
Corsair Hydro Series High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler H60
Corsair Graphite Series Black 600T Mid-Tower Computer Case
TP-LINK TL-WDN4800 Dual Band Wireless N900 PCI Express Adapter,2.4GHz 450Mbps/5Ghz 450Mbps, Include Low-profile Bracket
Crucial M500 960GB SATA 2.5-Inch 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter/spacer) Internal Solid State Drive CT960M500SSD1
Corsair Professional Series 760 Watt ATX/EPS Modular 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply AX760
Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 32GB Kit (8GBx4) DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL9 at 1.5V UDIMM 240-Pin Memory Modules BLS4C8G3D169DS3

Some variations of tried for Yosemite

-v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 -f
-v npci=0x3000 cpus=1
-v npci=0x3000
-v npci=0x2000
npci=0x3000
npci=0x2000
-x npci=0x3000
-x npci=0x2000 c

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>No</string>
</dict>
</plist>

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>UniBeast.tonymacx86.com</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-F42C88C8</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>Mac Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacPro3,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>G8836C1N5J4</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Just wanted to say thanks, your guide and links helped me set up pretty much the same system, just with a 760 gtx. Only the audio i didn't get working which gave me a nice excuse to finally buy a Behringer Xenyx 302USB which works flawlessly out of the box. Did you ever try an external esata drive by any chance? Did it work? Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back