Contribute
Register

SUCCESS !!! Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 + Intel 4930k 3.4ghz + GTX 780 Mavericks 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This line npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 should go into the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist but I guess that's what you did?

I also had problems with audio and video similar to yours. To get rid of them I had to install these kexts:

HDAEnabler1.kext
HDAEnabler2.kext

(not sure if both are needed or if one is an older version but I took both and it works :)

They are here: https://github.com/toleda/audio_kext_enabler

Then I also had to install the Web driver from Nvidia to make everything work nicely:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ate-graphics-drivers-10-9-4-334-01-02f02.html

And here is the CUDA driver also btw in case you need it:
http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.0.51-driver.html

Don't remember what it was that made it, but after installing these I got everything working nicely.

I just upgraded to BIOS F7 btw. No problem.

Regarding RAM, mine also ran at 1300 at first but then I just selected Profile1 for Extreme Memory Profile (under M.I.T. in the BIOS) and it went into its normal max speed and works fine.

Thanks for replying mk.

I copied and pasted afuera's chameleon and smbios plist's into terminal so npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 is in there. Not sure what it means though. Does it mean that my boot flag should have 0x2000 rather than 0x3000?

As for anything in the bios that has to do with that I don't know what it is or where it is. I looked, just now, but didn't know what I was looking for. Most of the bios seems to be a bunch of things that can only be disabled or set to auto, and a bunch of other things that cannot be altered. Like the F7 bios itself

Also my memory is 1600mhz. I had to change the multiplier to 16 get up to that value. Everything said 1333mhz to start with and the frequency still says 1333mhz on the first bios page. No way to change it. I set some other thing to auto, but that had no effect.

I didn't try any video until after I'd done everything the first post said to do. I was dealing with the boot error issue. Didn't care about video at that point.

I don't know how to know if usb 3 is working. I know the plugs work though. Audio? Not there yet either. My old mac pro had a single audio out plug, so the cable from it is useless on the hack it seems.

Was looking into clover. I guess I will try a re-install one way or the other. Anything else you recommend besides no drivers?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the tips harm

I did put the 0x2000 bit in the .plist and I tried that same nvidia driver but I'm pretty sure I didn't use any kexts, so I will try those if I go back to UniBeast. I'm going to try Clover first. I know it uses kexts and is more complex generally but apparently the end result is a native Mac OS. I think that would be good.

We'll see though...

Hi,

NETWORK dosn't WORK!!!

Same build except the graphic card Im using a GTX 770.

the network adapter worked fine until I ran MultiBeast, then it stopped working. (I didn't select a network driver, since it was working). So I had to use MultiBeast to fix it after
I wonder if I should select one of the more recent network drivers, than what was originally recommended in this thread?

I reinstall all OS X Maverick 10.9.3 and use you specification
Network: Intel - nhank’s AppleIntelE1000e v2.5.4d
appeare be connect, internet works, but, i shot down the hack, turn on, and
there wasn't INTERNET,
Ethernet not connect
and in about Mac/Ethernet card/ nothing appeared.

What can i do???

Finally I completed a fully working installation of this powerful build. I wanted to share what I learned to help somebody with the same build.

Build:

CPU:Intel Core i7-4930K (6 core)
MotherBoard:GA-X79-UP4 BIOS F5
Graphics: GeForce GTX 780 (3GB)
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport LP (8gb to start)
CPU Cooler:Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer (Water)
HD: SSD 840 EVO 256gb
Power: Corsair HX 750 Watt Modular
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R
Apple wireless keyboard, Magic mouse, IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 usb micro, TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter.

Hey thanks for the guide! Worked like a charm. I did the initial setup install on my Mac Pro so the complete install with overclock took me about an 1.5 hours. I also setup an Areca 1883i sas raid which doubled the speed of my ssd. Appears pretty solid so far.
In contrast my windows 7 install took about 5 hours with all the drivers and 165 updates!

Thanks for making my first hackintosh build pretty painless and thanks to Macman and tonymacx86 for all their work!

Jndesign22

I follow this guide, everythings just fine, but, when i shut down the hack, and then turn on, osx is ok, but NOT ETHERNET, appears not connect, in red colour.
how can i fix this problem???? thanks.

Finally I completed a fully working installation of this powerful build. I wanted to share what I learned to help somebody with the same build.

Build:

CPU:Intel Core i7-4930K (6 core)
MotherBoard:GA-X79-UP4 BIOS F5
Graphics: GeForce GTX 780 (3GB)
Ram: Crucial Ballistix Sport LP (8gb to start)
CPU Cooler:Thermaltake Water 3.0 Performer (Water)
HD: SSD 840 EVO 256gb
Power: Corsair HX 750 Watt Modular
Case: Corsair Carbide Series Black 300R
Apple wireless keyboard, Magic mouse, IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 usb micro, TP-Link PCI Express Wifi Adapter.

I have the same set-up except for the graphic card. Using a small gt210 for now. I noticed that the installation needs the hard drive to be in AHCI. Is it possible to run some drives in the native Rais 0 at all?

Hi

I have a similar set-up except for w few things.

motherboard - GA-X79-UP4
CPU - i7 4930k
RAM - hyper x fury
PSU - fractal
SSD -MX100 256GB two separate partitions, one with win 8.1, the other one waiting to be mac sox
GPU - GT210

After entering the boot flags and hitting enter I get the lines and eventually the following error

bootcachecontrol: unable to open /var/DB/BootCache.pleylist: 2 No such file or directory.

Any my idea as to what I am doing wrong. Is one of my components incompatible?

thanks a lot for the help. After 20 years of Mac only experience and 8 macs I am stepping into the HackMac world :)

Never encountered that mishap, allthough I have problems when I put UseKernelCache=Yes in my plist.

You could maybe try using
UseKernelCache=No in your boot parameters. Are you sure your USB stick is still OK? Are you getting this while booting from USB or from your installation? If you get it booting from you install, it seems to me something is corrupted and your install did not finish.

Allthough this seems like bad advice if your install was not completed, try this:
- boot from the USB
- start a terminal session
- cd /Volumes/<yourdrive>
- ls -la

If the playlist file is there, delete it.

- rm
BootCache.playlist ( and be careful with the case, it helps to tab after writing Boo )

I read this somewhere on another forum. It seemed to work.

This happena when launching a USB installation made by the unibeast. I will try your suggestions :)

I zeroed the USB key and redid the install with unibeast. The same error happens, with the tags and all.
IMG_2993.jpg

Above is the screen I get. I might add I am running firmware 7 on the motherboard as this is what it came with. It is a little different from your screenshots. Does that matter? I have tried it with only one memory stick and none of the other drives present. Does it matter if the destination volume for the Mac install is already done or not? I have a windows install on one half of the disc and want to use the other half for Mac os. I usually keep user data on other, non ssd discs.

@KRIS

Is VT-d disabled in BIOS?
Have you already tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes at the Chimera prompt page?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back