Contribute
Register

SUCCESS !!! Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 + Intel 4930k 3.4ghz + GTX 780 Mavericks 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the suggestion -- I don't recall whether I installed HDAenabler.kext, so will check that this weekend.

Oh, and to GMVIDEO, my BIOS version is also F7, which otherwise seems to work fine.

hello mk553
I have followed with great interest the story because I too have a Gigabyte.
I followed the advice of afuera, although my setup is a little different, in fact, I apologize to him and the entire board if I'm using its thread
I do not know if this is the case to open a further discussion on the same subject.
My setup is as follows:
Gigabit Motherboard GA-X79 UP4 with F7 bios
12 Gb of Ram Corsair Vengeance CMZ16GX3M4X2133C11R
NVidia GeForce GTX 760 Video Card
I7-4820k CPU 3.70GHz
My problem lies in the installation, I can not find the right
string to be written at startup to be able to install Mavericks 10.9.X
It crashes when loading
I do not know where I'm wrong, and I'm still at the starting point.
I hope to get your help to solve this problem
I thank in advance all those who will help me
I apologize for the incorrect writing in your own language
Thank you

Hi GmVideo -- well, I believe you have the right thread to talk about this, but I'm not sure if I can help. What I would do, however, is to ensure you have no other problems (i.e., can you run windows okay? does your RAM and other hardware test okay?).

All other things aside, it sounds like you have compatible hardware. Have you checked your BIOS settings? Have you made sure all other non-compatible hardware is removed (i.e., memory card reader, etc.)?

To answer Harmoniser, I haven't yet checked if my USB 3.0 ports worked yet. I'll check that this weekend as well!

Thanks.

With windows 7 and 8 (x64) should be perfectly all right
The hardware is fully functional
The bios I cabiato from IDE to AHCI.
I do not know what to do.

Fixed issue.
Thanks anyway

Hi,

I'm trying a build with GA-X79-UP4 BIOS 7, and Xeon 2.8 GHZ E5 10 core processor. So far having tried nearly every combination of boot flag mentioned here, it hangs every time at MAC framework successfully initialized . . .

Has anyone else had this problem, or even better solved it?

Thanks

Hi,

I'm trying a build with GA-X79-UP4 BIOS 7, and Xeon 2.8 GHZ E5 10 core processor. So far having tried nearly every combination of boot flag mentioned here, it hangs every time at MAC framework successfully initialized . . .

Has anyone else had this problem, or even better solved it?

Thanks

Same setup, same frustration. Also I have seen some mention that this MO and CPU are not compatible for hackintosh, and could not find a single person that have successes with it. Meanwhile this setup is been listed in the buyer's guide.
Any help is welcome
Thanks

Help! We have an issue here.

I followed the build and instructions of afuera in this thread, except I used two crucial mx100 512GB SSD's ,a 770gtx and a zalman cooler

I'm typing on this computer now in Mavericks 10.9.4. I have to boot up the Mavericks SSD through the unibeast USB flash drive. I used the boot flag “-v npci=0x3000 cpus=1 -f”. I know that by heart now. I tried “0x2000”. Neither make any difference so I use no boot flags.

Installed Chameleon and the Nvidia Driver. Made no difference.

Among others, problems are videos freeze constantly or won’t play at all, when computer goes to sleep, it can be awakened but in a frozen state so must reboot anyway.

I’m getting a boot0: error, that may be related to the bigger SSD’s, but tried the fix on the boot0: error page to no avail.

The root of the problem may be what others here have commented on. It seems these x79-up4 boards with the F7 bios are distinctly different than the one afuera used with the F5 bios.

gmvideo claimed to have fixed the issue, but it appears he didn’t get any clues here, nor left any for us to follow.

I’m not sure afuera could help with this. He has a different board than us stragglers.

(Gigabyte:banghead:)

So, is there someone else who can?

Thanks

Hi Stump,

When you say that you've tried the flags, did you add the npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 flag to the boot.plist file? If so, do you have it set right in the BIOS? Mine's just a 256gb SSD, but don't think it should matter...

I also have the F7 bios revision (it came with it when I bought it), but didn't have any trouble with boot up after installing Chimera (Chameleon worked fine too).

The GTX 770 worked out of the box as well (I have the Gigabyte branded one). I was afraid to add any drivers for it, since that tends to be the #1 problem with hackintosh stability, so I had opted for the 770 over the 780.

Did the video not work out-of-the-box with the standard Unibeast/Mavericks setup for you? If it did, I'd re-install and not mess with the Nvidia drivers. That might help with the video stability problems you mentioned. If you're saying you had to install the Nvidia drivers because you started experiencing the freezing issues, I'm not sure about that. Can you confirm there are no overheating issues with it?

I haven't tinkered with mine any further on the USB 3 and audio problem yet. Will let you know how that goes...

Thanks for replying mk.

I copied and pasted afuera's chameleon and smbios plist's into terminal so npci=0x2000 PCIRootUID=1 is in there. Not sure what it means though. Does it mean that my boot flag should have 0x2000 rather than 0x3000?

As for anything in the bios that has to do with that I don't know what it is or where it is. I looked, just now, but didn't know what I was looking for. Most of the bios seems to be a bunch of things that can only be disabled or set to auto, and a bunch of other things that cannot be altered. Like the F7 bios itself

Also my memory is 1600mhz. I had to change the multiplier to 16 get up to that value. Everything said 1333mhz to start with and the frequency still says 1333mhz on the first bios page. No way to change it. I set some other thing to auto, but that had no effect.

I didn't try any video until after I'd done everything the first post said to do. I was dealing with the boot error issue. Didn't care about video at that point.

I don't know how to know if usb 3 is working. I know the plugs work though. Audio? Not there yet either. My old mac pro had a single audio out plug, so the cable from it is useless on the hack it seems.

Was looking into clover. I guess I will try a re-install one way or the other. Anything else you recommend besides no drivers?

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back