Contribute
Register

SUCCESS !!! Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 + Intel 4930k 3.4ghz + GTX 780 Mavericks 10.9.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUCCESS !!! Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 - but no sound

I have a very similar system with a Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 motherboard, Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 graphics card, 32 GB of RAM and a SSD for the hard drive.

I just realized tonight though that the sound is not configured for an output device. I didn't realize because I had been listening with Bluetooth headphones and it just worked. What do I need to do to enable the onboard ALC892 chip? I've tried using Multibeast 6.5.0 (1) and selecting the ALC892 driver, but that doesn't seem to work properly. Has anyone had success?

I'm running Mac OS X 10.9.5, if that matters.

Thanks, - M.

I got it working with an older version of multibeast...try the driver 1 version back... I still have to go in every few reboots and choose the output source... I was actually looking today at a USB audio output... Can pick one up for under 10 bucks... Might be easier and more predictible..

Maybe I will just buy some USB speakers instead. Any recommendations?

I was just looking at the "Sabrent AU-EMAC 2.1 Audio Sound Card Adapter"...comes with a USB extension cable too... Which is nice... I think it was like 8 bucks on Amazon... I did a search for "USB audio adapter mac" ...there are a few highly rated plug and play ones....

Please let me know if you go this route and how it goes...

Thanks!

Wow , seems pretty quick build , but its a monster , so with certain MB is easyer to build hackintosh..
This is beast here!

I followed this guide and have everything working wonderfully. Thank you. I was thinking about upping from the 4930k to the 2680 V2. I know it's compatible with the board and that I'd have to adjust the VoodooTSCsync from 11 to 19, but does anyone know if there's more to it than that? I am on 10.10.4

thanks again,

jb

Did you ever get hung on "MAC Framework successfully initialized using 16384 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers?" I'm setting up a new rig with the GA-X79-UP4 (f7 BIOS), GTX 480 (as I tried to use my 780ti, but with it's compatibility issues I couldn't be sure if that was what was causing my install issues), and a Xeon E5 2680 v2 (10-core). Also, I have a modified mach_kernel file from this build guide (http://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...ide-Dual-Xeon-with-E5-2680v2-and-ASUS-Z9PE-D8) which is supposed to add support for the 10-core processor. I realize we have a lot of differences in our setups, but I'm trying to troubleshoot where this hang is coming from.

You ever get this worked out? On a solid system with the 4930k but looking to upgrade to the 2680 V2 and would like to know what challenges I may face prior to install.

Thanks!

jb

I've had great success with this guide but am trying to go to the 2697v2. Bios sees everything as fine but when I boot into OSX I get the apple with the bar under it but it only goes about 1/2 way up and stops. Thoughts?

Great to hear it worked for you!

I have a little issue with my computer (similar build) only running one cpu. I have installed the VoodooTSCSync.kext as well. Its quite frustrating to have 4 cores but only one is active. Geekbench score is around 3000 for both single and multicore.

Boot flags used: kext-dev-mode=1 cpus=1 npci=0x2000 -v. If i take out cpus=1 it wont boot up and gets stuck at this:

without cpus=1.jpg

Any help??

I know this is an old thread, but I'm curious if you plan a Sierra update with your rig...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back