Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R

Status
Not open for further replies.
My system also upgrade to 10.10.5 this weekend.
The most important thing was remember to choose following 2 items in MultiBeast, otherwise it will hang after PCI config and cause CMOS reset.
(1) 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
(2) AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset

My system:
OS X: 10.10.5 (14F27) => upgrade to 10.10.5 (14F1909)
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R Rev.2 with BIOS FH
Gigabyte GV-N75TOC2-2GI (GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB DDR5)

NVIDIA web driver for GTX 750 Ti works great, HDMI audio works through DSDT edit.
Remember to install the NVIDIA web driver for specified OS X version and put nvda_drv=1 when boot system.

Here are my detail settings of MultiBeast.
Quick Start > UserDSDT - ~/DSDT-FH-OK.aml (I modify it for HDMI audio)
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC889
Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v6.18.1394
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e v3.2.4.2 (I had Intel 82574 ethernet card in my system)
Drivers > System > AppleACPIPlatform Rollback > 10.9.5 AppleACPIPlatform Rollback
Drivers > System > Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement > OS X 10.9.0 Drivers > System > AppleRTC Patch for CMOS Reset
Bootloaders > Chimera v4.1.0
Customize > Boot Options > Basic Boot Options
Customize > Boot Options > Generate CPU States
Customize > Boot Options > Hibernate Mode - Desktop
Customize > Boot Options > IGPEnabler=No
Customize > Boot Options > Kext Dev Mode
Customize > Boot Options > PCI Root ID Fix
Customize > Boot Options > Use KernelCache
Customize > Boot Options > Verbose Boot
Customize > System Definitions > Mac Pro > Mac Pro 3,1

Note: remove Customize > SSDT Options > Sandy Bridge Core i7

Thank you for your latest update. I am from Taiwan, and I wish to do a clean installation of mac OS Sierra. Do you think you will be interested in this major update? Any tryout or guide?

I've been tweaking my rig for a few days. Got rid of DSDT.aml, upgraded Clover, tweaked BIOS, removed junk from EFI, etc.

All seems to be running well, but I notice I don't have EIST working. CPU is constant at my OC frequency.

Where do I begin to solve this? I Googled and saw all kinds of information ... mostly about using https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh to create an SSDT. But I never had one before; and EIST was working. I guess because of the DSDT I was using before?

I enabled EIST and C6/C7 in BIOS and in clover config, but a few threads said to DISable EIST in BIOS.

Also I have an old mobo, so not sure what's relevant and what's not. (ssdtPRGen.sh says 'unknown processor' for my i7-970)

Where do I begin to solve this?

Also: does anyone know how I can upgrade BIOS from version FE to FH?
BIOS sees the firmware file X58AUD3R.FH on my USB, but says "File size incorrect."
I do not have Windows installed. I tried disabling hyperthreading etc (Googling showed this as a suggestion) but to no avail.
Do I really need to install Windows just to upgrade my BIOS?

- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R rev2 bios FE
- MacOS 10.12.6
- Clover_v2.4k_r4380
- i7-970 3.2 OC'd 3.8

I've been tweaking my rig for a few days. Got rid of DSDT.aml, upgraded Clover, tweaked BIOS, removed junk from EFI, etc.

All seems to be running well, but I notice I don't have EIST working. CPU is constant at my OC frequency.

Where do I begin to solve this? I Googled and saw all kinds of information ... mostly about using https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh to create an SSDT. But I never had one before; and EIST was working. I guess because of the DSDT I was using before?

I enabled EIST and C6/C7 in BIOS and in clover config, but a few threads said to DISable EIST in BIOS.

Also I have an old mobo, so not sure what's relevant and what's not. (ssdtPRGen.sh says 'unknown processor' for my i7-970)

BIOS sees the firmware file X58AUD3R.FH on my USB, but says "File size incorrect."
I do not have Windows installed. I tried disabling hyperthreading etc (Googling showed this as a suggestion) but to no avail.

- MacOS 10.12.6
- Clover_v2.4k_r4380
- i7-970 3.2 OC'd 3.8
Did you ever resolve this?

- MacOS 10.12.6
- Clover_v2.4k_r4380
- i7-970 3.2 OC'd 3.8
Hey danzg... care to share your EFI folder for this build? I am putting together one for a friend tomorrow and having a healthy starting point would be peachy!

Yes, unfortunately seems that you do. I had to install windows in order to update the Bios. Previous Bios were under 1 meg, but new ones are 2 megs, hence the incorrect file size. After installing windows, I download the @bios software from gigabyte and update the mobo Bios with that to the most current Bios, which is FH, I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back