Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS]Gigabyte GA-P67A UD4 B3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same motherboard, and when I was installing the 10.6.8 update I got a kernel panic message.

Do you have any idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

EDIT: Forget it, it's working! I followed the instructions below and it worked!

http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/07/ ... -1068.html

I got 10.6.8 working great.

But after updating to Lion the system freezes on startup (kernel panic)

Does anybody has any idea on how to solve this?

Thanks!

That's odd. I was able to update to lion after 10.6.8 no problem, but a clean install did not work, only updating over the
initial SL installation.

So I guess all I did was update helper, reboot, combo update, multibeast->dsdt install/system utilities, reboot. Then update to lion.

By the way guys, when installing the system using the DSDT from this website, do you get the orange drive icons??

How do you get rid of those??

And which ethernet kext works, the official realtek?

I finally got it!

Clean installation didn't work as I expected. So I installed over the SL install and it's all working well so far.

For the GTX560TI, I just followed the instructions on tonymac's thread.

Check out my video:

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsU8l5_XgdU[/VIDEO]

mahdi0 said:
That's odd. I was able to update to lion after 10.6.8 no problem, but a clean install did not work, only updating over the
initial SL installation.

So I guess all I did was update helper, reboot, combo update, multibeast->dsdt install/system utilities, reboot. Then update to lion.

By the way guys, when installing the system using the DSDT from this website, do you get the orange drive icons??

How do you get rid of those??

And which ethernet kext works, the official realtek?

Yes my icons are now orange.
For me the Realtek Gigabit kext worked, just selecting it on MultiBeast.

To be able to boot from my Lion partition, I needed to put the commandline "-v npci=0x2000", otherwise it gets stuck on "[PCI configuration begin]" or something like that.

Sorry for my bad english.

Thanks. Your English is great also.

How come you need the command to boot? Is it because of your graphics card?

Anywya, I hope we can fix this external/orange drive icon thing! My internal NTFS drive is showing up on the desktop like it's external also.

mahdi0 said:
Thanks. Your English is great also.

How come you need the command to boot? Is it because of your graphics card?

Anywya, I hope we can fix this external/orange drive icon thing! My internal NTFS drive is showing up on the desktop like it's external also.

I think it's because of my graphics card. But after the installation it was not necessary anymore.

By the way, what's the matter with orange icons?

I guess u need to install the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector kext via Multibeast to get rid of those external drive icons. I had this prob first too and after installing this kext it went away.

Remember to check System Utilities as well when installing it.

what are your cinebench cpu results with this setup? I'm getting 2.43 pts

Need to test, my GPU Results are about 44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back