Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Xeon 1241v3 3.5GHz GTX 760 2GB mATX build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much for posting such a detailed build description

I have never actually built a Pc unitl 2 days ago as my old 8 core Mac Pro has been feeling the strain recently.

I used the same motherboard as you and got an intel 4790k cpu and a GT 640 graphics card all put nicely into a fractal designs Arc Midi R2. The build took about 4 hours due th ethe fact I have years of experience takign aprt actual Macs which are pretty tricky.
I use my computers for Pro music production so sound did not bother me as I use an outboard soundcard. Also ethernet is not needed for me so I switched of everything that was not needed in the bios.

Thanks again

Hi

Followed your guide.....all working fine.....even sleep. I used the Intel Core i5 4460 CPU and used the iMac 14,2 system definition.

Thanks again for a well detailed post.

Guys what is your boot time with this board. trying to get an idea if I have an issue with it. Mine from apple spinning wheel to stop about 50sec. then another 25sec of hang before going to log in. My old onek was up and ready in less than 20. Also any USB issue?

hi mga 1981,

im trying to build this board.
i have ga h97m D3H
haswell 3,3 ghz 4590
geforce 760 gt asus
kingston 8G Ram 1600 work stable
and 840 evo 128

i have tried a lot to let it work with mavericks 10.9.4
with onboard graphic hd 4600. no audio.
but ethernet works.
safari not stable. the windows flickering around.
it is tricky but i need to monitors with max resolution.
and i do a lot with color management.
the monitors performances is one of the most important claims to me.
i could only start with -x

which i presume to be the reason for trouble maker was the -x
i patched hd 4600 like toleda told
but no success for me.

thats why
i bought this graghic card 760 geforce
to make it probably a bit easier or better to say controllable.
like you did?

any suggestions to go further with this roller coaster board.

Please help!
lianli:beachball:

hello,

i have [h=1]Lian Li PC-V351B Micro-ATX Cube[/h]and in the tomymacs byers guide is the geforce 760 shown for mATX builds
but not generally you have
Fractal Design Core 1000, i know.

In this case i had to cut away a bit from the backside chassis underneath the power supply.
to make the graphic engine go inside the case. this was also funny outside tinker stuff.

but success also for me, after experiencing days and nights.

boots without any flags. boots fast.
i will have a try to test the bios settings with boot acceleration.
all i need is working graphic, lan, audio, usb, dvi, hdmi,

my build works. but only either the hd 4600 or the 760 gtx nvidia.
not both together. i updated Bios to F4 as Stork mentioned,
although gigabyte tells on his sitze made for k processors.

usb legacy
internal graphic off
PCIe slot enabled.
sata ahci as in my older build

real sleep and little issues will work sooner or later for sure.

h97m d3h
haswell 4590 i5
8GB Ram Kingston 1600
geforce 760 gtx
840 evo 128

thanks a lot to toleda and stork, who make this project possible to me.

is there a recommended hardware test for ga boards and components?

lianli :headbang:

Hello,

After setting up 7 hackintoshes im having troubles installing with this motherboad. After reading this succes build i wanted to try out this board.

Set-up:
Intel 4360
H97M-D3H
Corsair 4gb 1600mhz
Sandisk 128gb ultra

The installation of Mavericks has gone smoothly without any bootflags.

When booting for the first time im getting this error:

RMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can Continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

I can only continue by booting with -x.

After installing the recommend drivers with multibeast i cant get the ethernet to work.

Anybody knows a fix? I tried looking up on the web, no luck yet.
Im really curious since i've seen several builds that ethernet worked out of the box.

Cheers

Guys what is your boot time with this board. trying to get an idea if I have an issue with it. Mine from apple spinning wheel to stop about 50sec. then another 25sec of hang before going to log in. My old onek was up and ready in less than 20. Also any USB issue?

Hi man, I wanted to ask the same question. For me it's around the same as you've written. Also going to sleep and back from sleep is taking a long time. Otherwise everything is working properly except audio after sleep :(

mga1981,

In your video, you have a Yosemite theme. Please share the theme's link with us.

A lot of random freezes here (sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after hours).
I got exactly the same setup. The only diff is the ram and the ssd (Geil Evo Corsa for the Ram and A-Data SX910 for the ssd). My board came with F4 bios and i'm using Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 usb audio. Been looking for solutions for the last 3 days. No joy for me so far. I'll try different ram sticks tomorrow and see how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back