Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H Xeon 1241v3 3.5GHz GTX 760 2GB mATX build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok random freezes fixed by moving to Clover and UEFI Only boot. Rock solid now dual booting with W8.1 on the same SSD.

I had the same exact problem when using UniBeast/Chimera: RMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Install with latest UniBeast, no boot flags was flawless. First boot with UniBeast to OS X install on SSD without bloot flags, no issue. After installing multibeast/chimera 3/and basic no dsdt options, not even -x flags could get me to boot.

I'm using the GA-H97M-D3h board with an i7 4790k cpu, GTX 660 2GB, 12GB ddr3, SSD, LG Blu-ray burner, Windows 8.1 dual boot build.

SUCCESS: Latest Clover install with Motherboard set at EFI boot, newest F4 bios, and nothing disabled.

I resolved this issue completely by using the tonymacx86 guide for Clover Bootloader. Wow, what a great fix, I do have to say that it's actually quite easy and my hardware works well. I have two issues: 1. iMessages doesn't' work, but I probably need to call apple and have them unlock my iMessage account. 2. my magic trackpad gestures don't work. Other than that all my hardware works, and OS X is stable. I'm assuming that these small issues are because this is the x79 chipset and Apple hasn't refreshed to this yet.
I've run Uningine Valley Benchmark for an hour, no issues, and Handbrake has encoded over twice as fast as my old i7 920 cpu without issue. I played starcraft 2 for about an hour for good measure with no issues on ultra settings.

In conclusion, give Clover a try.

I had the same exact problem when using UniBeast/Chimera: RMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Install with latest UniBeast, no boot flags was flawless. First boot with UniBeast to OS X install on SSD without bloot flags, no issue. After installing multibeast/chimera 3/and basic no dsdt options, not even -x flags could get me to boot.

I'm using the GA-H97M-D3h board with an i7 4790k cpu, GTX 660 2GB, 12GB ddr3, SSD, LG Blu-ray burner, Windows 8.1 dual boot build.

SUCCESS: Latest Clover install with Motherboard set at EFI boot, newest F4 bios, and nothing disabled.

I resolved this issue completely by using the tonymacx86 guide for Clover Bootloader. Wow, what a great fix, I do have to say that it's actually quite easy and my hardware works well. I have two issues: 1. iMessages doesn't' work, but I probably need to call apple and have them unlock my iMessage account. 2. my magic trackpad gestures don't work. Other than that all my hardware works, and OS X is stable. I'm assuming that these small issues are because this is the x79 chipset and Apple hasn't refreshed to this yet.
I've run Uningine Valley Benchmark for an hour, no issues, and Handbrake has encoded over twice as fast as my old i7 920 cpu without issue. I played starcraft 2 for about an hour for good measure with no issues on ultra settings.

In conclusion, give Clover a try.

could you provide more information regarding the clover configuration that worked for you ?
I have a hardware setup that is very close to yours and I keep having the DRMStatus error, even with clover. I followed the clover guide on this site but it didn't work.

thanks in advance for sharing more of your experience !

A lot of random freezes here (sometimes after 5 minutes, sometimes after hours).
I got exactly the same setup. The only diff is the ram and the ssd (Geil Evo Corsa for the Ram and A-Data SX910 for the ssd). My board came with F4 bios and i'm using Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 usb audio. Been looking for solutions for the last 3 days. No joy for me so far. I'll try different ram sticks tomorrow and see how it goes.

Ok random freezes fixed by moving to Clover and UEFI Only boot. Rock solid now dual booting with W8.1 on the same SSD.

Does Clover worked for you in Yosemite too? A have a constant freeziing also and do not know where the prohlem is. Evrything else works fine.
H97M-d3h
i3-4330
ssd kinston
1 dimm 4GB ram

I'm having the random freezing issues too. Could you please provide some steps on how to move on to Clover? Everything I do ends up in a KP :(

Hi guys, sorry for not replay for a long time, i was very busy.

So i decide to upgrade to Yosemite a couple of days ago, first i directly install it over my Mavericks and everything goes well, except i have to boot with "-f" from USB and from installed OS afterwards, first couple of times give me some panic error at boot, and without "-f" i can't boot at all, then i install this things in MultiBeast:

Yosemite_MultiBeast_Screen.png

Couple of times after successful boot my PC freeze, i don't know really why, but now after three days of usage no more freezes and everything work so perfect. My Bios settings are the same from previous Mavericks installation.
I did not do anything special to make this work.

Thanks for the information it was very useful, I am going to build on that motherboard too!

You all might consider going with the GA-H97M-HD3 board which has ALC887 audio, as well as the standard Realtek Ethernet chips. My current build is on a GA-H61M-D3V which is almost identical to the H97M-HD3. I've built two Hackintoshes with Gigabyte, and have always had problems with VoodooHDA, such as frequent panics, and distorted audio with gain set too high. The D3V has worked flawlessly with everything but sleep, running with a EVGA GTX760 on Yosemite, Mavericks, et al. If you are getting a D3H just to have 32GB, I don't think it's worth the headaches, 16GB is plenty on the micro boards, and if space is not an issue, there are full size H97 boards that allow for 32GB max and have the needed ALC887 audio, which works perfectly with Multibeast HDA. Plus the H97 boards are way cheaper than the the Z boards and gaming mobo's that are really only intended for the over-clockers and crossfire/SLI gamers.

I'm very happy with my H61 board, but decided to update to the HD3, to gain a legacy PCI slot to use an M-Audio interface on the Windows side, and to have the added LPT and COM ports. I plan to get an i7-4790K since the D3V is Socket 1155 with an i7 2700K. I will let you know how it goes if you are interested. I did months of research on the gigabyte boards, and I would steer away from the ones that have unsupported audio, since audio is such an integral part of Mac OS. ALC887 boards seem the best match, (just don't forget to add the dev mode=1 settings in the chameleon boot file, if running Yosemite.)

Yes. Yosemite works perfectly. I've already edited out a couple of videos with 4K footage and it's rock stable. Switching to Clover is really easy.
Follow the post-installation from this guide:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...-how-install-os-x-mavericks-using-clover.html

Install Clover in the EFI partition (assuming you have one). Set you bios to UEFI boot. Note that for Yosemite the folder for the kexts to be injected needs to be "10.10". I used the standart config.plist attached in the thread to boot and then Clover Configurator app to set a propper SMBIOS and do some tweaking.

Another note: When you get it to work disable Clover boot logging because it can make booting painfully slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back