MSI Geforce GTX 750 2Gb

Already owned

Samsung 4x4Gb DDR3 1333
OCZ 60Gb SATA 3 SSD

Any monitor (DVI or HDMI)
Any PSU
Any Case

Comments

I purchased Lenovo K450 desktop and decided to install hackintosh. It didn't work :) Problem was in cib85m Lenovo motherboard, I couldn't even start os x installation.

Sooo, I went to the store for new motherboard. GA-H97M-D3H as recommended. UniBeast + Yosemite (nvidia 750 chipset first time supported in 10.10 Yosemite).

0. Prepare UniBeast+OS+MultiBeast on 8Gb USB
1. BIOS at Optimized Defaults
2. VT-d disabled
3. Unplug everything except SSD
4. Be sure internal video is enabled and monitor plugged via digital interface.
5. If errors on boot, boot in safe -x mode
6. Go through the installation of OS X. If crashing on reboot after installation - relax, you need to patch Intel 4600 video. Soo -x mode at this time recommended
7. Run MultiBeast. Select DSDT-Free, AppleRTL8169Ethernet driver, TRIM if have SSD, 3rd party SATA, FakeSMC + Plugins + HW Monitor, USB3.0, Also set up as iMac14,1 for Intel 4600 or iMac14,2 for external video.
8. Do not install ALC 892 at this time, it's not going to crash you system anyway, but it will not work.
9. After successful run of MultBbeast you'll get you ethernet on. So you can download nvidia drivers. Install them.
10. Shutdown, insert video card, power on. In BIOS disable internal video card.
11. Now you have almost working desktop except audio: go to /S/L/E/ and remove applehda.kext if in there. it is probably invisible, so make hidden files visible in Finder http://ianlunn.co.uk/articles/quickly-showhide-hidden-files-mac-os-x-mavericks/
12. After removal and emptying your trash basket, run MultiBeast and install ALC892 codec. You don't need to check other boxes again, only this one.
13. Restart.
14. In sound settings select second Line out output and try through all jacks in rear of motherboard :)
15. If you're lucky you'll have stable OS and sound after sleep/wake. I still have some pop sound when sound starts, but it is working at all.

Man have you updated your hackintosh on a El Capitan? did all component working well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back