http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128718

Intel i5-4690
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116989

Kingston HyperX Blu 2 x 8GB
http://www.amazon.com/Kingston-Modules-1600MHz-KHX1600C10D3B1K2-16G

Crucial M500 240GB SSD
http://www.amazon.com/Crucial-240GB-2-5-Inch-Internal-CT240M500SSD1

Comments

This build follows closely the guide by daemontus (which is similar to mga1981's build) and Stork's guide. Be sure to read the "official guide" too. I would suggest reading those guides/posts before starting if you're new. This is my first time building a Hackintosh, and I did get a few kernel panics (and myself panicking), but I think it'll still work out in the end.

I wrote this to document my own journey and also to help the other new users out because I realized some of the steps were omitted (took me a while to figure it out). I'll try to be as detailed as possible here.

Installation Notes:
In general, follow the standard guide as much as possible. However, here are the areas to take note:

STEP 0. Create the bootable USB
Follow the
official guide to the T, till end of Step 2 (no need to proceed to step 3).

HARDWARE PREPARATION
STEP 1. Unplug EVERYTHING.
Be sure to disconnect everything - leave only 1 stick of RAM and the SSD/HDD you are going to install the OSX on. I kept my windows HDD in there and I got kernel panic when trying to boot from the USB stick.

STEP 2. Plug in the USB Drive that you created in Step 0 (now referred to as "USB Drive").

STEP 3.
SETUP BIOS: Power ON your system and press DEL key until you reach BIOS Setup
Configure your BIOS as follows (taken from daemontus):
UEFI: Load Optimized Defaults
Disable VT-d
SATA mode = AHCI
Initial Display Output = IGFX
Set BootModeSelection = Legacy Only

(Screenshots on BIOS F3 by mga1981. Not much difference between F3 and F4.)
Save and Exit

STEP 4. Boot from USB Drive
You can either choose to
1. boot from the USB Drive in the Bios (under "Save & Exit" > "Boot Override" > "PX.....", where "PX...." = your USB thumb drive. If you followed mga1981's screenshots, it should be P0.) OR
2. Save and Exit the BIOS and then press/hold F12 during reboot and select to boot from the USB Drive.

STEP 5. CHIMERA SCREEN
When you boot from your USB drive you'll see the following screen:
Screen shot 2014-09-26 at 23.54.09.png
Image from http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

STEP 6: BOOT INTO INSTALLER IN SAFE + VERBOSE MODE
In the screen above, press "-v -x" on your keyboard (without the quotation marks) and then Enter to boot into verbose and safe mode. This prevents any kernel panic for me.
vx.jpg
Image from http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

Stork suggests the following if you still get a kernel panic:
:ch: Reboot and, at the Chimera screen, press the keyboard's SpaceBar to open the boot flag window at the bottom of the screen;
:ch: Enter "maxmem=4096" (without the quotes), where 4096 is your memory size div by two; and

STEP 7: INSTALL OSX AS PER THE OFFICIAL GUIDE
Refer to Guide Step 4.5.
STEP 8: POST INSTALLATION SET UP
After rebooting (restarting) your system in Step 7 above, you will still need to boot via USB because your OSX is not ready. Hence, press F12 to boot via USB again. You will see the screen below. Make sure you boot in safe and verbose mode! Type "-v -x" as you did previously.
Screen shot 2014-09-27 at 00.05.46.png

STEP 9: MULTI BEAST
1. Install MultiBeast:
Once you're in OSX, go to Finder and copy the Multibeast 6.5.0 (correct as of 27 Sep 2014) zip file to the "Applications" folder.

2. Changing System Preferences (taken from Stork's post)
Before running MultiBeast for Mavericks, open the Security & Privacy Preference Pane in System Preferences, which is located in your Dock, and:
72633-security-pane-1.png

Image by Stork
In the lower left corner, click on the padlock and type in your Admin username & password;
72634-security-pane-2.png

Image by Stork
:ch: Click on the General tab if it isn't already highlighted;
:ch: Click on the "Anywhere" radio button under "Allow applications and downloaded from:" and
:ch: Close the System Preferences window.

3. Run MultiBeast
Then, navigate to your "Applications" folder and double click on the zip file - this will extract the contents into the Applications folder. Open the "MultiBeast - Mavericks Edition" and double click "MultiBeast".
4. Install the necessary drivers (partly taken from Stork)
- Quick Start -> DSDT Free
Screen shot 2014-09-27 at 00.21.22.png
- Click "Drivers" and choose the following options:
:ch: Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx > ALC892
:ch: Drivers -> Audio -> Intel 9 Series Motherboard Support
:ch: Drivers -> Disk -> Intel Generic AHCI SATA
:ch: Drivers -> Graphics -> Intel 9 Series HD 4600 Graphics Fix
:ch: Drivers -> Disk -> Trim Enabler <--- Optional for SSDs (most SSDs will need it)
:ch: Drivers -> Network -> Realtek -> AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 (for H97M D3H)
:ch: Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14 (",1" for i3/i5 processors and ",2" for i7)
Note: toleda has suggested that we use the following:
iMac14,1 - HD4600 only, or
iMac14,2 - HD4600 and discrete graphics card or discrete graphics only
Note: Optional > Use a processor specific SSDT, independent of SysDef. See toleda's guidefor more information: Mavericks: Native CPU/IGPU Power Management

:ch: Build <--- To see your full configuration
Screen Shot 2014-09-26 at 9.36.14 am.png
:ch: Click Save if you would like.
:ch: Click "Install" at the bottom right corner and wait for it to complete.

STEP 10. RE-CONFIGURE YOUR BIOS (taken from Stork)

- Reboot into the BIOS.
- Change BIOS Features > Boot Options Priorities > set this to the P0 setting for the Mavericks drive
- F10 to save the BIOS update and reboot.

And that's it!

Update:

Known issues:

I am using a "windows" Logitech keyboard combo (MK520) and I encountered some problems when the dongle was plugged into the USB2.0 port. The mouse and keyboard would often loose connection and stopped responding. Turning it on/off sometimes help, but it was almost non-usable. Switching to a USB3.0 port rectified the problem.

Here's an update on my USB situation: I have since experienced none of the above problems after switching to the USB3.0 port. It seems like there are some issues with the 2.0 ports?

Edit: It seems like the problem appears when I plug in my ext hdd. Mouse/keyboard working fine -> Plugs in ext HDD -> Mouse doesn't respond -> Unplugs ext hdd -> mouse comes back to life!

Last edited by a moderator:
This build was successful. However, I don't seem to be able to change the title. Can a mod help to change the title to read [SUCCESS]?

I've been trying to get my second hackintosh build done with this motherboard for a month now. Your guide finally got it working! I'll post an update after more usage, but so far so good! When you're rebooting after installing/running Multibeast, you forgot to specify to go in "-v -x" mode, or else the loading screen stalls. Aside from that, I only had two hangups, and both are pretty pointless honestly:

"Kernel extension is not from an identified developer

The kernel extension at "/System/Library/Extensions/AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA.kext" is not from an identified developer but will still be loaded.

Please contact the kernel extension vendor for updated software."

"Kernel extension is not from an identified developer

The kernel extension at "/System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext" is not from an identified developer but will still be loaded.

Please contact the kernel extension vendor for updated software."

My system specs are as follows:
i5 4590, GA-H97M-D3H motherboard, 4gb ram, Intel HD4600

I've been trying to get my second hackintosh build done with this motherboard for a month now. Your guide finally got it working! I'll post an update after more usage, but so far so good! When you're rebooting after installing/running Multibeast, you forgot to specify to go in "-v -x" mode, or else the loading screen stalls. Aside from that, I only had two hangups, and both are pretty pointless honestly:

My system specs are as follows:
i5 4590, GA-H97M-D3H motherboard, 4gb ram, Intel HD4600

Oh yes, you are SO right! That is one critical step that I missed! I was myself lost at that step too!

I did include that step in my original write up, but I guess I missed it when I rewrote it in the current format. Thanks for pointing that out!

I just followed your guide and was successful installing 10.9.5.
Everything works, including sleep (Fans go off) and sound comes back fine.

I initially tried to install Yosemite but could not get to the installer.

Thanks!

have you tried installing yosemite? and if you installed it, is working ok?:confused:

Dear Baineteo,

You have produced an excellent guide. I am new to Hackintosh and I will be trying to install Yosemite on an older socket 1150 Gigabyte B85M D3H motherboard that has the Realtek 892 sound chip. Do you know if I will be using the same AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 file in my install when I use Multibeast?

Misscomp

have you tried installing yosemite? and if you installed it, is working ok?:confused:

No, I haven't tried Yosemite. I'm on Mavericks.

Dear Baineteo,

You have produced an excellent guide. I am new to Hackintosh and I will be trying to install Yosemite on an older socket 1150 Gigabyte B85M D3H motherboard that has the Realtek 892 sound chip. Do you know if I will be using the same AppleRTL8169Ethernet 2.0.6 file in my install when I use Multibeast?

Misscomp

Sorry, I can't help with Yosemite. You might want to test it out and report back any success.

I made the same steps with the same team, just different Cpu (i5 4590) and I do not recognize the graphics card Hd4600, it's impossible ... not know what else to try

Setup: h97m-d3h
I5-4690
intel hd

Please, help me edit dsdt this motherboard GA-H97M-D3H

errorcode 8877652

boot enter + verbose: -v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=1

-v -x -f GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

-v -x PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No IGPEnabler=Yes

-v -x maxmem4096

...no results....

Status
Not open for further replies.