Contribute
Register

[Success] Gigabyte GA-H61M-S Mini Itx Motherboard El Capitan Installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo z570-Houron River
CPU
Intel Core i3 2130 2.1GHz
Graphics
HD Graphics 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Here is my new Budget Hackintosh Build. After many trials and error, I finally managed to run El Captan on it. The Specs are:

MotherBoard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-S
Processor : Intel Core i3 3220 3.3GHz Ivy Bridge with IntelHD Graphics 2500
RAM: 4 GB (2gb+2gb)
Hdd : WD 1TB Green Caviar
Boot loader : Clover UEFI

Note : there are some Graphics Glitches seen on menus and titlebars of windows due to lack of support of Intel HD2500 graphics . And I am not using any graphics card yet. So Please suggest one. :)

-----------------------------------------------
Thought this may help someone in future, so i am posting the procedure here.

Instructions
1. Create El Capitan Installation drive as mentioned in http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/ (At boot loader option in unibeast, chose UEFI Boot mode)

2. Restart machine and boot up from your USB drive.

3. You get the Clover boot menu. Highlight the option Boot Mac OS X from USB and press spacebar.

4. Chose the option -s -v .

5. This will start the OSX installer and will bring you to the famous point called 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'.

6. Be Patient, Just hit Enter, and you will see something like this : -S..# like 'root#' (Sorry I don't know what do we call it. THIS IS WHERE WE ENTER COMMANDS like 'bash' screen).

7 Now you need to Enter the following commands(highlighted in bold) one by one.

-s...#mount -uw/
-
s...#cd /System/Library/Extensions
-s...#mkdir intel_back
-s...#mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
-s...#touch ../ExtensionsReboot -v
-s...#exit

8. Now the OS X installer should boot.

9. Proceed with normal installation as shown on the installation guide page.

10. After Installation completes, the installer will reboot the machine. Ob clover boot menu, highlight the option Boot OS X from <your HDD> and hit spacebar.

11. Use the same boot flags i.e. -s -v

12. It will bring you again to the 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'. Just hit Enter and put the following commands (same as previous commands except the first one):
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir intel_back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
touch ../ExtensionsReboot -v
exit

13. This will boot the MAC OS X from your Hard drive.

14. Run Multibeast and select Quick Start and chose the UEFI Boot mode. No need to select any drivers or anything later. ( As they aren't working after a long trial). Just build and install to your OSX disk.

15. Multibeast will also Install clover boot loader to your hackintosh, so that OSX can boot directly from your HDD., and your machine will be ready*

Now only Audio is not working; will try to find the solution and update it here.

I have a doubt about my hackintosh : Is there any thing else I need to work upon ? like power management???

Thanks in adv.

Here is my new Budget Hackintosh Build. After many trials and error, I finally managed to run El Captan on it. The Specs are:

MotherBoard : Gigabyte GA-H61M-S
Processor : Intel Core i3 3220 3.3GHz Ivy Bridge with IntelHD Graphics 2500
RAM: 4 GB (2gb+2gb)
Hdd : WD 1TB Green Caviar
Boot loader : Clover UEFI

Note : there are some Graphics Glitches seen on menus and titlebars of windows due to lack of support of Intel HD2500 graphics . And I am not using any graphics card yet. So Please suggest one. :)

-----------------------------------------------
Thought this may help someone in future, so i am posting the procedure here.

Instructions
1. Create El Capitan Installation drive as mentioned in http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/u...pitan-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.172672/ (At boot loader option in unibeast, chose UEFI Boot mode)

2. Restart machine and boot up from your USB drive.

3. You get the Clover boot menu. Highlight the option Boot Mac OS X from USB and press spacebar.

4. Chose the option -s -v .

5. This will start the OSX installer and will bring you to the famous point called 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'.

6. Be Patient, Just hit Enter, and you will see something like this : -S..# like 'root#' (Sorry I don't know what do we call it. THIS IS WHERE WE ENTER COMMANDS like 'bash' screen).

7 Now you need to Enter the following commands(highlighted in bold) one by one.

-s...#mount -uw/
-
s...#cd /System/Library/Extensions
-s...#mkdir intel_back
-s...#mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
-s...#touch ../ExtensionsReboot -v
-s...#exit

8. Now the OS X installer should boot.

9. Proceed with normal installation as shown on the installation guide page.

10. After Installation completes, the installer will reboot the machine. Ob clover boot menu, highlight the option Boot OS X from <your HDD> and hit spacebar.

11. Use the same boot flags i.e. -s -v

12. It will bring you again to the 'Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport'. Just hit Enter and put the following commands (same as previous commands except the first one):
/sbin/mount -uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
mkdir intel_back
mv AppleIntelHD* AppleIntelF* intel_back/
touch ../ExtensionsReboot -v
exit

13. This will boot the MAC OS X from your Hard drive.

14. Run Multibeast and select Quick Start and chose the UEFI Boot mode. No need to select any drivers or anything later. ( As they aren't working after a long trial). Just build and install to your OSX disk.

15. Multibeast will also Install clover boot loader to your hackintosh, so that OSX can boot directly from your HDD., and your machine will be ready*

Now only Audio is not working; will try to find the solution and update it here.

I have a doubt about my hackintosh : Is there any thing else I need to work upon ? like power management???

Thanks in adv.

Intel HD2500 is not supported. Either replace CPU that has HD3000 for example i5 2500k or i7 2600k has HD 3000. For PowerManagement you need a SSDT. Or you can add a PCI-E x16 Graphics card.

Last edited:
Hey, I have the same motherboard and processor as you, and I am going to install High Sierra on it. Are you still using El Captain or have upgraded to a newer version?
I am an absolute beginner. As you've been successful, you might be able to help me out in case I face any trouble during installation.

Hey, I have the same motherboard and processor as you, and I am going to install High Sierra on it. Are you still using El Captain or have upgraded to a newer version?
I am an absolute beginner. As you've been successful, you might be able to help me out in case I face any trouble during installation.
It's not likely this person will see this post. Last seen: Nov 2016

Screen Shot 12.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back