Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Has anyone tried enabling AppleVTD, but *not* disabling and replacing DMAR table?

In other words:
  • Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> Check OFF
  • ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> Check OFF
  • ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> Check OFF
  • BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> Enabled
@CaseySJ

With your suggested settings, I lose WiFi and lower port Ethernet with my Designare Z390.

I need to have Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper ON for working WiFi and lower port Ethernet.

@CaseySJ

With your suggested settings, I lose WiFi and lower port Ethernet with my Designare Z390.

I need to have Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper ON for working WiFi and lower port Ethernet.
Some notes:
  • I have AppleVTD enabled on my Z390 Designare
  • I'm running Ventura 13.3 release version
  • Fenvi FV-T919 connects and works
  • Intel i211 GbE connects and works
  • Intel i219 GbE connects and works
  • I'm using 15 USB ports (XhciPortLimit is off)
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.33.45 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.35.53 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.41.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-29 at 11.41.36 AM.png

Some notes:
  • I have AppleVTD enabled on my Z390 Designare
  • I'm running Ventura 13.3 release version
  • Fenvi FV-T919 connects and works
  • Intel i211 GbE connects and works
  • Intel i219 GbE connects and works
  • I'm using 15 USB ports (XhciPortLimit is off)
View attachment 565182View attachment 565178
View attachment 565179View attachment 565180
@CaseySJ --- do you have an OC 0.9.0 EFI that we could use? For the first time since I made this Hackintosh, the update borked my system. I went into a boot loop that I can't get out of. I think I have to reinstall the system, but I want to try a few EFI's first.

@CaseySJ --- do you have an OC 0.9.0 EFI that we could use? For the first time since I made this Hackintosh, the update borked my system. I went into a boot loop that I can't get out of. I think I have to reinstall the system, but I want to try a few EFI's first.
Attached is my OpenCore 0.9.0 EFI for Z390 Designare. Nothing has changed except I've removed my serial numbers from PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

Would be best to copy this to EFI partition of a USB flash drive, boot from USB, then launch Ventura. Of course, copy your serial numbers first into PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

If you have an 8-core or larger CPU, please change ProcessorType in PlatformInfo -> DataHub to 3841 (it is currently 1537 for my 6-core CPU).

Attachments

• EFI-090-Z390-Designare.zip
    44.1 MB · Views: 82
After updating to 13.3 last night, I have the same problems as mentioned here.
I'm using iMac19,1 and after many tries (BIOS and config) I changed everything in Caseys screenshots.
But WiFi won't come alive.
I had a spare ssd and did a fresh install with the same EFI which was working before. But not anymore. So I prepared everything for MacPro7 and now it is working again. As soon as I switch back to iMac19, WiFi dies and will only come alive with MacPro7 and iMacPro I assume.

Would be best to copy this to EFI partition of a USB flash drive, boot from USB, then launch Ventura. Of course, copy your serial numbers first into PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

If you have an 8-core or larger CPU, please change ProcessorType in PlatformInfo -> DataHub to 3841 (it is currently 1537 for my 6-core CPU).
@CaseySJ

I copied your EFI to a USB flash, added my serial numbers, and changed ProcessorType to 3841.

I don't have an Aquantia card. Leaving the SSDT for the card active and the ForceAquantiaEthernet selected booting stalled.

Disabling the Aquantia SSDT and unchecking the ForceAquantiaEthernet, but using the balance of your EFI, Ventura boots fully, but the WiFi and ethernet are both disabled.

Apparently there is something in the Aquantia code that provides your success with WiFi and ethernet with Ventura 13.3.

@CaseySJ

I copied your EFI to a USB flash, added my serial numbers, and changed ProcessorType to 3841.

I don't have an Aquantia card. Leaving the SSDT for the card active and the ForceAquantiaEthernet selected booting stalled.

Disabling the Aquantia SSDT and unchecking the ForceAquantiaEthernet, but using the balance of your EFI, Ventura boots fully, but the WiFi and ethernet are both disabled.

Apparently there is something in the Aquantia code that provides your success with WiFi and ethernet with Ventura 13.3.
That’s an interesting theory. I can remove the card and see what happens.

Another user posted above that changing System Product Name to MacPro7,1 resolved the issue. This should be done carefully — log out of AppleID before doing so. It can also cause lingering computer name issues in iCloud even when previous system product name is restored.

Update:
  • Unchecking the Aquantia SSDT and “ForceAquantiaEthernet” quirk disabled the card, but WiFi and Ethernet continue to work normally with AppleVTD in Ventura 13.3
  • Physically removing the Aquantia 113C also has no effect — WiFi and other Ethernet ports continue to function properly
My Z490 Vision D, however, has the problem. Its WiFi does not work, but its Ethernet ports continue to work.

I will troubleshoot on the Z490 Vision D. I have already extracted all the kexts from 13.2 and 13.3. Next, I need to compare the right files.

Attached is my OpenCore 0.9.0 EFI for Z390 Designare. Nothing has changed except I've removed my serial numbers from PlatformInfo -> DataHub.

Your EFI got me back up and running! Thanks again!

Your EFI got me back up and running! Thanks again!
If you're running Ventura 13.3, does WiFi and Ethernet work with AppleVTD enabled?

Back