Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ
is there a dual boot guide? I have my hackintosh setup but need to get windows to run another program for work.

ALSO- in swapping out/upgrading my GPU, do I need to do anything to the motherboard?or go into any of the boot to tell it that i am updating this or should it just seamlessly work?

@CaseySJ
Updated to 13.3 (OC 0.9.0) and thought every thing was fine but now I can not enable WiFi. Using Fenvi T919 and have been since I built this hack. WiFi is working in iPhone and iPad in same room. Hack is connected by ethernet but use WiFi for other things. ?

@CaseySJ
Updated to 13.3 (OC 0.9.0) and thought every thing was fine but now I can not enable WiFi. Using Fenvi T919 and have been since I built this hack. WiFi is working in iPhone and iPad in same room. Hack is connected by ethernet but use WiFi for other things. ?
@rondark

I also updated my Designare to 13.3 and OC 0.9.0, and the Fenvi T919 WiFi no longer works. Also my lower ethernet port no longer work, but the upper ethernet port works.

I had a 13.0.1 backup that I upgraded to 13.2, which I had an installer for, along with OC 0.9.0, and WiFi and the lower ethernet port work.

OC does not seem to be the issue, but Apple has changed something in 13.3 affecting WiFi and the lower ethernet port with the Designare.

@CaseySJ

@rondark

I also updated my Designare to 13.3 and OC 0.9.0, and the Fenvi T919 WiFi no longer works. Also my lower ethernet port no longer work, but the upper ethernet port works.

I had a 13.0.1 backup that I upgraded to 13.2, which I had an installer for, along with OC 0.9.0, and WiFi and the lower ethernet port work.

OC does not seem to be the issue, but Apple has changed something in 13.3 affecting WiFi and the lower ethernet port with the Designare.
You're reporting the same issue that we've been discussing in the Z490 Vision D thread:
We don't have a solution yet, but alas this problem does not happen on my Z390 Designare or my Asus Z690 ProArt Creator. For me at least, it's only happening on my Z490 Vision D.

You're reporting the same issue that we've been discussing in the Z490 Vision D thread:
We don't have a solution yet, but alas this problem does not happen on my Z390 Designare or my Asus Z690 ProArt Creator. For me at least, it's only happening on my Z490 Vision D.
I have lost an ethernet port as well it seems

Just did it after seeing your post! All seems to be working fine - a seamless update. I haven't been able to update to Ventura though (se my earlier post and caseys follow-up), it might be my RX550 card preventing that, I have no idea.

Updated after I saw your post and walked away to get lunch and forgot that I had updated.
Come back and screen is black.....tapped keyboard and it finally woke from sleep and looks like everything is working

disabled VT-d and WiFI is back.

disabled VT-d and WiFI is back.
When I disable VT-d, I'm unable to reach the home screen; some times goes to stuck Apple logo and sometime freeze on home screen.

Disabling AppleVTD, based on an old posting from @CaseySJ, restored the lower Ethernet port and WiFi for me with Ventura 13.3.

To disable AppleVTD:

Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> Check ON
ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> Check OFF
ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> Check OFF
BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> this can be left ENABLED at all times

Disabling AppleVTD, based on an old posting from @CaseySJ, restored the lower ethernet port and WiFi for me with Ventura 13.3.

To disable AppleVTD:

Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> Check ON
ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> Check OFF
ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> Check OFF
BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> this can be left ENABLED at all times
Has anyone tried enabling AppleVTD, but *not* disabling and replacing DMAR table?

In other words:
  • Kernel --> Quirks --> DisableIoMapper --> Check OFF
  • ACPI --> Add --> SSDT-DMAR.aml --> Check OFF
  • ACPI --> Delete --> DMAR --> Check OFF
  • BIOS Setup --> VT-d --> Enabled

Back