Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @LekerHack,

The RX580 is natively supported and your config.plist looks correct (specifically, boot arg agdpmod=pikera is not present, which is correct).

If you're installing Monterey or Ventura, we should change SecureBootModel to Default (instead of Disabled).

We should also enable OpenHfsPlus.efi:

View attachment 562821
View attachment 562822
I've made these and other changes in attached config.plist. Note: I removed serial numbers from PlatformInfo so please copy them all back before use.
It's alive.. ! But I notices this? Im a missing something?
RadeonBoost?

Sidenote.. The Titan Ridge is not detected with the SSDT kext. is it set to the wrong port?
Its stille put into PCIEX4

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2023-01-30 kl. 23.15.35.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-01-30 kl. 23.15.35.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Skærmbillede 2023-01-31 kl. 00.00.03.png
    Skærmbillede 2023-01-31 kl. 00.00.03.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
It's alive.. ! But I notices this? Im a missing something?
RadeonBoost?
The last I heard, this was a known issue with VideoProc that may or may not affect other applications. If you search this site for "VideoProc" you'll find a large number of similar reports. One person reported success after changing System Product Name to iMacPro1,1 (can also try MacPro7,1).

Sidenote.. The Titan Ridge is not detected with the SSDT kext. is it set to the wrong port?
Its stille put into PCIEX4
This is normal. System Information will always report that message if the Thunderbolt controller is not flashed to enable Thunderbolt Bus. Simply connect a Thunderbolt device to see whether it works.

Hello @LekerHack,

If you're installing Monterey or Ventura, we should change SecureBootModel to Default (instead of Disabled).
Quick question (and no, I’m not using OC on my Z390 Designare, I ask for another hack): why should we change from disabled to « Default »?

On my second hack, Dell XPS 8930 with i7 8700, I’ve tried « Default » first back in November, resulting in a non-bootable system… Since then, set to « Disabled ». Just curious.

Thanks!

Hi @CaseySJ
I have upgraded BIOS firmware with last CPU Microcodes.

On this new BIOS firmware based on F9i version, I have included last CPU Microcodes version 0xF0 (11/15/2021) and CPU Microcodes version 0xF4 (07/31/2022).

Microcodes has been found on last Apple iMac19,1 firmware included on macOS Ventura 13.2 update.

I haven't tested this update because I'am on another hack based on MSI Z490.

@CaseySJ, if you can, Could you verify it and post it ?

Ditto, running fine!

The last I heard, this was a known issue with VideoProc that may or may not affect other applications. If you search this site for "VideoProc" you'll find a large number of similar reports. One person reported success after changing System Product Name to iMacPro1,1 (can also try MacPro7,1).

This is normal. System Information will always report that message if the Thunderbolt controller is not flashed to enable Thunderbolt Bus. Simply connect a Thunderbolt device to see whether it works.
Hi @CaseySJ,
I tried different Thunderbolt devices.. It still says no driver installed.
Uploaded here with all changes from you, and working on install. only not detected Thunderbolt/USB4 driver.

Attachments

• EFI - works - thunderbolt driver not detting.zip
    4 MB · Views: 23
Hi @CaseySJ,
I tried different Thunderbolt devices.. It still says no driver installed.
Uploaded here with all changes from you, and working on install. only not detected Thunderbolt/USB4 driver.
The message in System Information can be ignored. If Thunderbolt devices work then that’s all that matters.

Quick question (and no, I’m not using OC on my Z390 Designare, I ask for another hack): why should we change from disabled to « Default »?
The instruction I provided are for installing Monterey and Ventura, where SecureBootModel should be set to Default. After the OS is fully installed we can toggle SecureBootModel on or off for various purposes if we need to.

The instruction I provided are for installing Monterey and Ventura, where SecureBootModel should be set to Default. After the OS is fully installed we can toggle SecureBootModel on or off for various purposes if we need to.
Hi Casey. Have you set up ApECID? Or are you just using a SecureBootModel value on its own?

I haven't tested this update because I'am on another hack based on MSI Z490.
Have you performed any interesting experiments or made any interesting discoveries on Z490 or any other platform?

Have you experimented with Maple Ridge?

Hi Casey. Have you set up ApECID? Or are you just using a SecureBootModel value on its own?
I’ve not used a personal Apple Enclave ID although the procedure isn’t too complicated. Although it’s good to have the option for tight security that makes the system more tamper-proof, there’s a trade-off between security and flexibility.

With ApECID a network connection is necessary when installing macOS.

Back