Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks @CaseySJ fot your help, see attached

I'm very curious to know why it's not working! Because it seems I'm missing something even though I re-did the whole thing to make sure I haven't done any mistakes.
Can something wrongly set in the BIOS be an issue?
Please try the attached EFI folder after copying serial numbers into PlatformInfo.

Attachments

• OC-087-DESIGNARE-Z390.zip
    44 MB · Views: 30
@Mochimino,

Some comments and suggestions:
  • OpenCore will not be able to boot the original Mojave disk
  • OpenCore should be able to boot the new (or cloned) Mojave disk
What is the OpenCore 087 config variable that allows the booting of Mojave? And is it restricted to Z390 boards and newer? I'm still on OC 060 on my Z370 Mojave system.

I still use OpenCore 0.8.5. How can I update it to version 0.8.7, I've always used Hackindrom but the development is stopped at version 2.14 which supports OpenCore 0.8.5.

No problems here updating to OC 0.8.7 with HackinDROM.

What is the OpenCore 087 config variable that allows the booting of Mojave?
Set UEFI/APFS MinDate and MinVersion to -1 if you are using macOS Catalina or older.

This is because the USB port map disables USB 2 devices on front USB-C port in order to maintain 15 port limit. You can still use ports on rear IO panel. If you search this thread for Fractal you may also find a modified USB SSDT that enables USB 2 on front panel, but disables some other USB 2 port.

Please see the spoiler at top of post 1 called Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides. At the bottom of Section 1 is a reference to procedure for updating OpenCore via HackinDROM. We no longer provider monthly updates because HackinDROM performs updates automatically.
Thank you CAsey I solved using yours instructions

Hi guys,

I'm about to jump from my trustworthy Catalina OC.8.7 build to Monterey (many audio apps still don't play great with Ventura), just got a WD 770 to replace the EVO 970 Pro as boot disk, yes, have a bootable backup,

Any last minute advice? (trim, Bluetooth, intel 211,etc.)

Thanks a lot!

Hi guys,

I'm about to jump from my trustworthy Catalina OC.8.7 build to Monterey (many audio apps still don't play great with Ventura), just got a WD 770 to replace the EVO 970 Pro as boot disk, yes, have a bootable backup,

Any last minute advice? (trim, Bluetooth, intel 211,etc.)

Thanks a lot!
We should always make a full bootable backup before starting. It may be necessary to set “SecureBootModel” to “default” instead of “disabled”. Other than that you should be good to upgrade.

Hi @CaseySJ
Unfortunately, I didn't work either and freeze at the beginning of the loading like everytime. I've opened the config.plist (using OpenCore configurator 2.65) to enter my serials numbers and got this:

Capture d’écran 2022-12-29 à 18.36.13.png

Is this why it's not working? Saved anyway and restarted to try to install Monterey but as I said, it fail to load (or should the loading take more than 10 minutes?).

Hi @CaseySJ
Unfortunately, I didn't work either and freeze at the beginning of the loading like everytime. I've opened the config.plist (using OpenCore configurator 2.65) to enter my serials numbers and got this:

View attachment 560829

Is this why it's not working? Saved anyway and restarted to try to install Monterey but as I said, it fail to load (or should the loading take more than 10 minutes?).
Is the system booting from the correct disk? When there are two or more bootable disks, we must press F12 at the Gigabyte splash screen (during boot) to open the BIOS boot menu (not OpenCore boot picker). Then we select the disk containing the correct EFI folder (USB flash disk in your case).

When OpenCore boot picker appears we can check its version number in the bottom right of the window.

At the OpenCore boot picker we can also press and release CMD-V to enable verbose logs, then select a boot disk.

We should always make a full bootable backup before starting. It may be necessary to set “SecureBootModel” to “default” instead of “disabled”. Other than that you should be good to upgrade.
Hi Casey, I've found after updating that Bluetooth stops working after wake up from sleep, any known recipe for this behavior?

Thanks a lot!

Back