Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@echosat1

I enjoyed reading the “wall of text”. :)

The EFI posted in this thread can work with both Intel WiFi/BT and Broadcom, but we just need to enable and disable some settings to switch back and forth.

Regarding Bluetooth problems when booting into Windows and macOS, there is a procedure to export Bluetooth NVRAM keys into Windows so that both operating systems use the same keys. I’ve not done this myself, but Hackintool provides the ability to do this.

It would be good to attempt that procedure. There are some posts on TonyMac and elsewhere that also provide instructions. If you run into problems, just let us know.

Hi @CaseySJ... How are you? Long time we don't speak! Really hope everything is fine with you!

I have a 'small problem' regarding my previous Hackintosh built (Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme) that has been running quite fine glad to your help in the past. This machine now belongs to my kid, that really loves to have a computer with dual boot Mac and Windows.

The thing is that this has been runnig MacOS Monterey, and yesterday I decided to upgrade to MacOS Ventura.

I updated first Opencore to 0.8.7 using HackinDROM, and after that did the normal software update trough Mac System Preferences.

The thing is that during the install after the opencore boot on 'MacOS Install' the installation process is now stuck in the progress bar with Apple logo.

Luckily if I force restart I sill can boot using 'old' Monterery disk.

Do you have any idea why it does not boot? Is it me or I remember that we should change something on the BIOS settings before the upgrade to MacOS Ventura?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Hi @ummario,

Long time indeed! Happy holidays (soon)…

To install Ventura, please check if (a) SecureBootModel is set to Default (not Disabled) and (b) csr-active-config is set to 00000000.

Hi @ummario,

Long time indeed! Happy holidays (soon)…

To install Ventura, please check if (a) SecureBootModel is set to Default (not Disabled) and (b) csr-active-config is set to 00000000.
Thanks @CaseySJ! I'll check that later when back at home!

Edit:

I managed to check remotely with Teamviewer and Both SecureBootModel is set to default as well crs-active-config is set to 00000000

Any other idea?

Last edited:
Thanks @CaseySJ! I'll check that later when back at home!

Edit:

I managed to check remotely with Teamviewer and Both SecureBootModel is set to default as well crs-active-config is set to 00000000

Any other idea?
Let's try this:
  1. Start the Ventura installer again
  2. Each time the system restarts, press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Boot Picker to enable verbose logs
  3. When the installer freezes, capture and post a photo of the log

Let's try this:
  1. Start the Ventura installer again
  2. Each time the system restarts, press and release CMD-V at the OpenCore Boot Picker to enable verbose logs
  3. When the installer freezes, capture and post a photo of the log
Here you have...

edit: I love Photography and is one of my hobbies, But I always feel that pictures of a computer screen with an iPhone are the most difficult pictures ever :)

tempImageqjWP8I.png

Here you have...

edit: I love Photography and is one of my hobbies, But I always feel that pictures of a computer screen with an iPhone are the most difficult pictures ever :)

View attachment 559547
Ouch, this kernel panic does not identify root cause. Perhaps there is a kext that is not compatible with Ventura? For example, are you using OpenIntelWireless drivers or Broadcom (Fenvi) card?

Last edited:
Ouch, this kernel panic does not identify root cause. Perhaps there is a kext that is not compatible with Big Sur? For example, are you using OpenIntelWireless drivers or Broadcom (Fenvi) card?
I use Fenvi card. I'll double check that and will take a look again into BIOS settings as well.

I use Fenvi card. I'll double check that and will take a look again into BIOS settings as well.
Typo: I meant ‘Ventura’ rather than Big Sur.

It may also be a good idea to try a fresh installation on a spare SSD or even a new APFS volume on existing SSD. A spare SSD is the safer option. Also feel free to post the EFI folder with serial numbers removed.

Typo: I meant ‘Ventura’ rather than Big Sur.

It may also be a good idea to try a fresh installation on a spare SSD or even a new APFS volume on existing SSD. A spare SSD is the safer option. Also feel free to post the EFI folder with serial numbers removed.
I knew you meant to say Ventura. :)

Attached my EFI folder.

Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    14.1 MB · Views: 43
I knew you meant to say Ventura. :)

Attached my EFI folder.

Thanks a lot!
Please try the attached config.plist after copying serial numbers back into PlatformInfo.

Attachments

• config.plist
    33.1 KB · Views: 18
Back