Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hehe, yes.

As soon as I connect to the phone hotspot, Wi-Fi or cable it doesn’t work.
I’ll take a look soon at the EFI you posted. Currently away from home.

I’ll take a look soon at the EFI you posted. Currently away from home.
@xanderevo

The EFI configuration looks correct.
  • Which version of BIOS are you running?
  • Is the system stable if only Ethernet cable is not connected?

@xanderevo

The EFI configuration looks correct.
  • Which version of BIOS are you running?
  • Is the system stable if only Ethernet cable is not connected?

Hi, thanks Casey but I cut the crap and did as you suggested, I don't want to waste too much time on an upgrade that will take time to put programs and plugins back to work anyway.

F9j I think, the one suggested in the guide.

I don't know where the problem was but update from Mojave to Ventura or Monterey was giving me problems, as well as upgrading from Mojave to Catalina and then to Ventura, Kernel Panics.

So I decided to do a Ventura clean install, and transfer the data, this worked like a charm at first try.

I think somewhere was the problem but not sure where.

It's working now, I have to see if anything is wrong but for now I was able to do the installation and it seems to have no problems as of this afternoon.

*edit misspelled agdpmod=pikera

Last edited:

So I decided to do a Ventura clean install, and transfer the data, this worked like a charm at first try.

I think somewhere was the problem but not sure where.

Glad to hear it!

Lots of baggage accumulates over time so this was a good opportunity to start afresh.

Monterey still working well after all the fixes
@CaseySJ, you might want to add my HDR fix for LG monitors to page 1, as a few people seem to be running into the same issue
This issue also happens with my wife’s 2022 16” MacBook Pro attached to the same monitor

Should I enable SIP etc, ie all options ?
This was disabled back in the day on Mojave when I was using Clover

1. cmd + R, recovery mode and csrutils enable
I don’t know if recovery mode actually works on a hackintosh

2. Enable it via OpenCore config.plist

Hello,

Coming back here after years of perfectly working built. Today I removed my NVMe disk from the Hackintosh, and suddenly I can't boot anymore on Catalina. I have 2 partitions, 1 is the main OS X and the other is a clone I keep for safety.
When I boot, I get this message on the BIOS screen even before getting to Clover bootloader: OCC Missing compatible GOP.

Then, in Clover, when I select OS X or the CLONE OS X, it will load and then black screen. (No idea if it's started or not.) I tried CMOS clearing, didn't help.

In Windows, I can't see my 2 OS X partitions (I use Macdrive). I can see them in Macdrive disk management. But they don't mount, and I have no option to repair them.

Side note, I don't know if its relevant but before removing the NVMe drive today, I had suddenly 2 partitions for the 2 system disks. There were a new Catalina-Data and Clone-Data partitions. I looked it up online, and I saw that it could happen with Catalina but wasn't a big deal. However I didn't have time to check more. Unfortunately I also updated the Clone drive before all the problems happened so the Clone and Catalina system disks are the same.
I tried verbose, safe mode... Didn't help. It loads but then it just goes black and the screen turns off to sleep.

I also tried disconnecting all drives besides Catalina, but same issues.

Any idea what may have happened and where I should start? Thanks a lot!!!!

Hello,

Coming back here after years of perfectly working built. Today I removed my NVMe disk from the Hackintosh, and suddenly I can't boot anymore on Catalina. I have 2 partitions, 1 is the main OS X and the other is a clone I keep for safety.
When I boot, I get this message on the BIOS screen even before getting to Clover bootloader: OCC Missing compatible GOP.

Then, in Clover, when I select OS X or the CLONE OS X, it will load and then black screen. (No idea if it's started or not.) I tried CMOS clearing, didn't help.

In Windows, I can't see my 2 OS X partitions (I use Macdrive). I can see them in Macdrive disk management. But they don't mount, and I have no option to repair them.

Side note, I don't know if its relevant but before removing the NVMe drive today, I had suddenly 2 partitions for the 2 system disks. There were a new Catalina-Data and Clone-Data partitions. I looked it up online, and I saw that it could happen with Catalina but wasn't a big deal. However I didn't have time to check more. Unfortunately I also updated the Clone drive before all the problems happened so the Clone and Catalina system disks are the same.
I tried verbose, safe mode... Didn't help. It loads but then it just goes black and the screen turns off to sleep.

I also tried disconnecting all drives besides Catalina, but same issues.

If you are using the z390 Designaire motherboard, you could make a USB stick and put Casey's OC EFI on the EFI partition of the USB drive. Then boot into the OpenCore shell; mount your HDD; and optionally the EFI on the HDD. Mv EFI -> EFI.Clover, and copy the new one over from the USB. Of course, remove any Clover scripts

At the very least ,you will be able to view your drives from OC shell; mount them; and make sure everything is OK.

1. This will transition you over from Clover to OC directly, if you are using the same hardware as on this thread

2. You should be able to boot back into OSX Catalina, and, eventually, do an in-place upgrade to Monterey.

Yep, just with OpenCore I cannot boot on Windows, fron BIOS works, from OpenCore boot into a black screen.

Back