Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Ok, looks like this a bug related to HDR & there is no way to turn this off in Monterey (that I know of)
& the resolution keeps falling to 1080p, making the desktop unusable.

Anyone here with an LG 4k monitor and any way to turn the HDR off ?

Edit

...and FIXED.......

LG 4k 32UN880-B aka LG Ergo Monitor.

Go to Settings -> General -> DisplayPort Version & change that from 1.4 to 1.2 & that will force HDR off & the resolution can go back to 4k, since Apple decided to remove that option from its system prefs.

Enjoy

Last edited:
GarageBand Fix

cd /Library/Audio

sudo rm -fr VST VST3 Components or back them up somewhere else

In my case I had leftover plugins from AmpliTube and T-RackS & Pod Pro 2.0 that were causing a bunch of issues (32bit) & I don't think I ever used any of those plugins

Whoops! You're correct. SoftRaid is one of those.

After the Monterey upgrade, I have the following in L/E:

AppleMobileDevice.kext
HighPointIOP.kext
HighPointRR.kext
SoftRAID.kext

Most games, etc., are broken (wine wrappers) which can be fixed.
GarageBand seems to be hosed. It will not open at all & now gives a codesigning error.

Still waiting for Spotlight & Photos to finish so I can reboot & use the RX 580.
yes, doing an update/upgrade or a re install on top of your current setup will sort that out :)

Hi Madmax, yes I disconnected everything except mouse and keyboard, and yes in my system there are 5 HDD and a windows dual boot (all disconnected for the update)

I need to have a look into startup apps, as the system crashes random after 15-30 seconds, don't think it's a config issue or a kext, otherwise won't be booting (Wifi also greyed out with a line on it)

I tried to remove all unnecessary from extensions like gpusensor etc... but without luck.

Anyway I have a Mojave backup, maybe I'll try Catalina or Monterey first if this does not work.

Yep, that's the reason why I never updated, but the new graphic card won't work without it.
If you refer back to the guide for replacing Clover with OpenCore, you will see a list of Hackintosh kexts that must be removed. The kernel cache in Mojave must then be updated as also mentioned in that guide.

The screenshot of /L/E shows that several Hackintosh kexts are still present. It is also necessary to update SoftRAID to latest version. It is also necessary to update all of those other drivers to their latest versions. But let’s start by removing the items in red and updating SoftRAID.

By the way, latest SoftRAID is fully compatible. Also, we should not move any files into /S/L/E.

Screenshot 2022-11-26 at 23.19.05.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @madmax559 had more luck installing Monterey indeed.

It installed correctly, gets past the verbose mode but keeps being stuck on the Apple logo.

I used the 0.8.3 EFI from Casey, compiled the config correctly and removed everything from Library/Extensions.

Probably some kext issues at this point I think.

If you refer back to the guide for replacing Clover with OpenCore, you will see a list of Hackintosh kexts that must be removed. The kernel cache in Mojave must then be updated as also mentioned in that guide.

The screenshot of /L/E shows that several Hackintosh kexts are still present. It is also necessary to update SoftRAID to latest version. It is also necessary to update all of those other drivers to their latest versions. But let’s start by removing the items in red and updating SoftRAID.

By the way, latest SoftRAID is fully compatible. Also, we should not move any files into /S/L/E.

View attachment 558807
Hi Casey, I’m not sure how to update soft raid, other kext are deleted.

It boots with the same kernel panic as Ventura gave.

I also removed everything from LaunchDaemons and launch agents to test out, no difference.

Last edited:
Hi Casey, I’m not sure how to update soft raid, other kext are deleted.

It boots with the same kernel panic as Ventura gave.
One suggestion is to try a fresh Ventura installation on a spare SSD just to confirm that the OpenCore configuration itself is okay. Because Mojave is rather old, I would actually recommend the fresh install option. We can use Migration Assistant to import files and applications, or better yet, we can reinstall and re-license them (I know this can be cumbersome if there are a large number of licensed apps and plug-ins). Note that some apps and plug-ins may need to be re-licensed even if Migration Assistant is used.

But we can at least see whether a fresh install works and worry about migration later.

Another option: If you can post a screenshot of the panic where it first begins to occur rather than the end of the panic, it may help us identify the cause.

it's not crashing anymore but everything is unresponsive i.e. safari/chrome freezing, system preferences quits.

Yes maybe a fresh Install would have saved me a lot of time, but you know reinstalling everything is a pain.

I deleted the serials maybe you can have a look at the config, I'm not sure if also iMac Pro 1,1 could be part of the issue.

I can access the logs now to check for the crash, but not sure where to look.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    57.8 MB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 13.42.33.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 13.42.33.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 14
it's not crashing anymore but everything is unresponsive i.e. safari/chrome freezing, system preferences quits.

Yes maybe a fresh Install would have saved me a lot of time, but you know reinstalling everything is a pain.

I deleted the serials maybe you can have a look at the config, I'm not sure if also iMac Pro 1,1 could be part of the issue.

I can access the logs now to check for the crash, but not sure where to look.
Is an Ethernet cable connected? If so, please try disconnecting the cable and see if system boots and remains stable.

Is an Ethernet cable connected? If so, please try disconnecting the cable and see if system boots and remains stable.
Hehe, yes.

As soon as I connect to the phone hotspot, Wi-Fi or cable it doesn’t work.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 14.36.48.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-11-27 at 14.36.48.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back