Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello, can you please describe how you flashed the Thunderbolt firmware? We need to use an external CH341a SPI flash ROM reader/writer. I believe TBTFlash.exe is a Windows application, but that app cannot flash a modified firmware.
Well to be fair TBTFlash.exe asked for the custom firmware, so I simply uploaded the modified firmware and it flashed the fw. Don't know if anything else is required

Well to be fair TBTFlash.exe asked for the custom firmware, so I simply uploaded the modified firmware and it flashed the fw. Don't know if anything else is required
I wanna point out that I repeated the same procedure with a original Titan Ridge 2.0 card and the flash worked, therefore I have no idea on why it doesn't work this time... I think the F9I BIOS is the culprit. Eventually what's the BIOS version I should flash to make the TB3 work?

Please run IORegistryExplorer, scroll (not search) down to RP05, and post a screenshot. That will give us a good sense of what happened.

Please run IORegistryExplorer, scroll (not search) down to RP05, and post a screenshot. That will give us a good sense of what happened.
1669160892580.png

I'm using this SSDT

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP.aml.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 14
Definitely not. I don't have anymore the TR2.0 (when I wrote a few mins about it, I was confirming that TBTFlash.exe worked) but the bus was activated as I could see the devices connected

Definitely not. I don't have anymore the TR2.0 (when I wrote a few mins about it, I was confirming that TBTFlash.exe worked) but the bus was activated as I could see the devices connected
The screenshots in this post show a fully rendered Thunderbolt Bus:

The screenshots in this post show a fully rendered Thunderbolt Bus:
yeah. at this point how can the BIOS interfere with the TB3 card if the TB3 card has its own firmware?

yeah. at this point how can the BIOS interfere with the TB3 card if the TB3 card has its own firmware?
I don’t know what you mean. BIOS does not interfere with Thunderbolt. Even on-board Thunderbolt has its own firmware chip (it does not use BIOS chip).

In any case, your motherboard’s Thunderbolt firmware has not been changed.

Back