Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I think this file can help me. SSDT-UIAC-Designare-zZ390-v7d.aml.
Are you using the OpenCore EFI folder provided in this thread?

If you go to top of Post 1 you will find a spoiler called Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides. Section 1 of that spoiler contains a link to latest OpenCore folders for this build.

Some quick thoughts:
  • Does the internal drive have an EFI partition?
  • Were all files from EFI folder copied to the internal EFI partition?
  • In BIOS —> BOOT, do you see an entry for the internal SSD?
  • Have you tried a cold boot?

+ some stuff

1. SSD should show in BIOS. If it does not, then check SATA settings as enabling M2M/M2P will disable some slots
  2. Page 29 of the Gigabyte manual
  3. https://download.gigabyte.com/FileL...0219_e.pdf?v=c973f30373770a1e1ceb8dd8a38838df
https___download_gigabyte_com_FileList_Manual_mb_manual_z390-designare_1001_190219_e_pdf_v_c97...png

Greetings! I tracked it down. I got the same error with my backup recovery drive... I had saved a copy of BIOS settings and restored that. Don't know what BIOS setting I'd missed but all is well!
Out of curiosity, what BIOS version are you on? I am on F8 and trying to upgrade (ultimately) to Ventura but have received the exact same ACPI drop error you have.

Little h/w question. Running my system since some time and am on latest Ventura, running cool and stable. This started once a year ago, and now it is like once every x weeks, but it feels to be happening more and more often.
I'm using the machine all day, great, and I shut it down in the evening, not a problem. This morning I start it up, OC shows, it takes my disk as usual and starts up, the Apple logo comes up and from there reboot and this in loops.

Only way to get out of this is to force stop the machine, pull out the plug and wait like 20 seconds with the switch toggled to ON (emptying the power supply), switch off, plug in again, etc., and from there happy again for a period.

Previous time I fully re configured the BIOS settings in case some had jumped or by some miracle I had changed something. Seems that didn't help neither.
Is this a hardware problem somewhere. Machine is clean (recently opened and dusted and re positioned the cable (micro corrosion on connectors cleaning)
The full system is also on UPS and a micro power cut can't be blamed.

Dying motherboard?

I'm using the machine all day, great, and I shut it down in the evening, not a problem. This morning I start it up, OC shows, it takes my disk as usual and starts up, the Apple logo comes up and from there reboot and this in loops.

Dying motherboard?
@bidouilleur

Just a wild guess, but replace the BIOS battery? Or re-install the current BIOS?

@bidouilleur

Just a wild guess, but replace the BIOS battery? Or re-install the current BIOS?

1. BIOS/CMOS battery

2. If you get a whirring noise and it looks like it's trying to start up then
a. Check the ATX power connectors & make sure both sets are connected securely
b. Check the power supply

3. Unplug everything except mobo + boot ssd/hdd

Undervolting will cause the motherboard to act funny.

It was a long time that I built hackintosh with Mojave OS (3 years now), and finally decided to move on Ventura, because a lot of applications I used have new releases which I couldn't run. Otherwise, it was perfectly running.

I finally achieved Ventura but still have some issues, main issue is about my Bluetooth is not working.
I have tried to search some of EFI's that shared in this thread, but I couldn't figured out why my Bluetooth is not working, I assume I couldn't get USB port that on the board not recognised by the system. It was perfectly running on Mojave.

My BT-Wifi adapter Fenvi HB-1200. And I am getting this on the system information:

Code:
  Bluetooth Controller:
  Address:    NULL
  State:    Off
  Chipset:    BCM_4350C2
  Discoverable:    Off
  Firmware Version:    v0 c0
  Supported services:    0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT SerialPort >
  Transport:    UART
  Vendor ID:    0x004C (Apple)

Second issue is, when I left the computer running for a while to test if there could some weird reboots, yes it was rebooted after some time. I don't know how much time.

My system is very likely for this thread
Z390 Designare - i9-9900K - RX-580

I am totally confused what to do now, any suggestions?

Back