Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Do you mean disable iCloud Drive or log out of my Apple ID altogether? In any case, it seems to make no difference whether I'm logged in or not.

That value is present in my config.plist.

I'd really like to resolve this without starting from scratch if I can because a lot of effort went into getting this system ready for production.
Completely log out of all iCloud services (via Apple ID Settings in Monterey), deauthorize and sign out of iTunes, TV, etc., restart the computer and see how everything runs. When you are satisfied with the results, you should be able to sign in to your Apple ID-based services.

HI everyone,
Recently I upgraded to OC 0.8.1 and did the last upgrade of MacOS to 12.5.1. So, I found most of the times from a cold start BT isn't working from Fenvi T919. Is this a common issue?

HI everyone,
Recently I upgraded to OC 0.8.1 and did the last upgrade of MacOS to 12.5.1. So, I found most of the times from a cold start BT isn't working from Fenvi T919. Is this a common issue?
AFAIK, Apple made substantial changes to the way BT works in Monterey. This means trouble for some of us with Hacks. I will get a runaway BT process after sleep.

Completely log out of all iCloud services (via Apple ID Settings in Monterey), deauthorize and sign out of iTunes, TV, etc., restart the computer and see how everything runs. When you are satisfied with the results, you should be able to sign in to your Apple ID-based services.
Yeah, I'm no longer signed in to any Apple services on this computer, and I've restarted several times but the issue recurs. Sometimes it works fine. Other times the pref panes just take ages to load. Other times, System Preferences goes unresponsive and the affected panes won't load until after a reboot.

I also tried deleting com.apple.systemprefs.plist and rebooting to see if it helped to have the system rebuild that file, but no dice.

If I have to do a fresh install again, I will I just hope it doesn't come to that.

AFAIK, Apple made substantial changes to the way BT works in Monterey. This means trouble for some of us with Hacks. I will get a runaway BT process after sleep.
So this is a common issue as it seems. I didn't have issues until 12.3 on my both hackintoshes. The problem is that I have to do several restarts until I see it on. If it's off there is no way to turn it on without rebooting.

Yeah, I'm no longer signed in to any Apple services on this computer, and I've restarted several times but the issue recurs. Sometimes it works fine. Other times the pref panes just take ages to load. Other times, System Preferences goes unresponsive and the affected panes won't load until after a reboot.

I also tried deleting com.apple.systemprefs.plist and rebooting to see if it helped to have the system rebuild that file, but no dice.

If I have to do a fresh install again, I will I just hope it doesn't come to that.
Is there any possiblilty that you are accidentally loading a different EFI than what you think you are loading? Also, if you migrated any apps or setups, was there anything that would have had a control panel in System Preferences (including Privacy & Security, Accessibility preferences, etc?) I'm thinking of something like a 32-bit driver that may (wrongly) be trying to load, etc. Or some sort of problem app like the Logitech drivers. Definitely update to 12.5.1 if you can.

Is there any possiblilty that you are accidentally loading a different EFI than what you think you are loading? Also, if you migrated any apps or setups, was there anything that would have had a control panel in System Preferences (including Privacy & Security, Accessibility preferences, etc?) I'm thinking of something like a 32-bit driver that may (wrongly) be trying to load, etc. Or some sort of problem app like the Logitech drivers. Definitely update to 12.5.1 if you can.
Thanks for taking the time to help.

This is a fresh install and I didn't migrate any data from a prior installation. macOS version is 12.5.1 from the installer and Software Update says it's up to date.

This is the only disk with OpenCore installed so I don't think that's what's going on. I'm using the EFI folder supplied by @CaseySJ upthread for Monterey with no modifications (except for filling out the system profile).

BIOS was updated to F9i prior to install.

I do now have a Logitech input device driver installed but this issue was present before that.

The only drivers I've installed are Logitech Options (and whatever driver comes with that), Avid EUCON, Steermouse and Focusrite Control.

Attachments

• 20220908_EFI_JingleDjango.zip
    8.3 MB · Views: 21
@JingleDjango

Is your problem with the Z390 Designare?

If so, you should be using the EFI for OpenCore 0.8.3 that CaseySJ provided on Page 3604 of this thread. The file dates on the EFI you provided are for an OpenCore version from February 2022.

Thanks for noticing! That's the mobo I'm using and I got the OC set from a post linked somewhere deep in the main post but this thread has gotten so unwieldy that I'm not surprised I missed something. I'll grab that newer config and give it a shot.

I've replaced my EFI with the more recent one (pg 3604) and will report back. No issues with System Prefs yet but it would usually work fine after a reboot anyway.

I noticed the picker is running at a lower resolution since updating the EFI, even though resolution is set to Max in the config file. Any idea why that is or how to remedy it?

Also, I've got a separate SSD with a system disk clone created with CCC6, latest release. SSD is Samsung 850 EVO V-NAND via SATA. It's not showing up in the picker. Is there anything I need to do to make it bootable?

EDIT: I found the tool in CCC6 for making the clone bootable:
1662694265781.png

Only thing for me to figure out now is how to get the clone to show up in the picker with a different name than the source boot disk.

1662694401293.png

The volumes are named macOS and macOS BU but in the picker they both show as simply macOS.

Last edited:
Back