Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

does it mention in hackintool under pcie tab?
1660251624344.png

Yes, as a network controller. IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP04@1C,3/IOPP/PXSX@0

View attachment 553002

Yes, as a network controller. IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP04@1C,3/IOPP/PXSX@0
it would have told you the name under device name or under system -> peripherals to save you from taking it apart :)

at least you know what it is though :)

View attachment 553002

This is the same card as the one pictured in this old thread:
Although this is a BCM943602CS module, which is natively supported, it may be a good idea to consider replacing it with a Fenvi FV-T919. Simply buy it from a place that has easy return policy in case it doesn’t work any better.

This is the same card as the one pictured in this old thread:
Although this is a BCM943602CS module, which is natively supported, it may be a good idea to consider replacing it with a Fenvi FV-T919. Simply buy it from a place that has easy return policy in case it doesn’t work any better.
Hm. Why would it be better if it's the same Broadcom chip? No Newegg where I live, and Amazon wants more than $70 for this card.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If this was the only thing not working properly I would buy the Fenvi, but as it is I still have all manner of weirdness.

For starters, after sleep, my NAS (connected via Sonnet 10GbE card)) is sometimes ejected.
I had a kernel panic after a long sleep.
i211 driver CPU load goes through the roof for no apparent reason every once in a while
The latest Izotope Ozone is incredibly slow in Logic Pro X.
Topaz Sharpen will give me a black screen with the fans in overdrive, have to reboot when this happens. Older workaround doesn't work anymore.
Sonnet/Aquantia 10GbE network traffic uses 60% CPU when reading from my RAID-5 NAS. Etc.

Hm. Why would it be better if it's the same Broadcom chip? No Newegg where I live, and Amazon wants more than $70 for this card.
Fenvi FV-T919 uses the faster desktop version, BCM94360CD.

Anyway, thanks for the help. If this was the only thing not working properly I would buy the Fenvi, but as it is I still have all manner of weirdness.

For starters, after sleep, my NAS (connected via Sonnet 10GbE card)) is sometimes ejected.
I had a kernel panic after a long sleep.
i211 driver CPU load goes through the roof for no apparent reason every once in a while
The latest Izotope Ozone is incredibly slow in Logic Pro X.
Topaz Sharpen will give me a black screen with the fans in overdrive, have to reboot when this happens. Older workaround doesn't work anymore.
Sonnet/Aquantia 10GbE network traffic uses 60% CPU when reading from my RAID-5 NAS. Etc.
The best thing I can suggest is to do a fresh installation of macOS Monterey on a spare SSD and then check all system behavior (sleep, wake, i211 Ethernet, 10GbE, etc.) without installing third-party apps. This establishes baseline.

If all system functions are normal (i211 Ethernet needs AppleVTD enabled), then we can install one app at a time and check if everything is still okay.

Then continue installing apps one by one.

Remember, this is an experiment -- we're trying to determine if the existing system has "all manner of weirdness" because of baggage built up from years of O/S upgrades. A completely clean system is therefore a good experiment to try.

An alternative, of course, is to jump to Apple Silicon, perhaps a new Mac Studio...

Fenvi FV-T919 uses the faster desktop version, BCM94360CD.

The best thing I can suggest is to do a fresh installation of macOS Monterey on a spare SSD and then check all system behavior (sleep, wake, i211 Ethernet, 10GbE, etc.) without installing third-party apps. This establishes baseline.

If all system functions are normal (i211 Ethernet needs AppleVTD enabled), then we can install one app at a time and check if everything is still okay.

Then continue installing apps one by one.

Remember, this is an experiment -- we're trying to determine if the existing system has "all manner of weirdness" because of baggage built up from years of O/S upgrades. A completely clean system is therefore a good experiment to try.

An alternative, of course, is to jump to Apple Silicon, perhaps a new Mac Studio...

I have a SSD with just OC & Monterey. I'll more thoroughly check if that works properly.

I did some tests with this SSD before I upgraded my main system, it took me quite a bit of work to get Monterey/OC working properly and I thought I was in the clear. Light testing didn't reveal the problems I am experiencing now.

The thing is, with all these stupid software authorisations it is quite hard to go back and forth between 2 versions of MacOS. If you take the jump, upgrade your MacOS, you are more or less stuck.

I literally have hundreds of plug-ins for my DAW's. If just 10% needs re-authorisation it will take me days. I will need to give up some installs just to be able to see if they work properly. I didn't expect the Monterey upgrade to trigger this. It's like I have bought a new system, for some reason.

This is not a business investment, I am a family man so a new dishwasher or new bikes for my kids have a higher priority.

A Mac Studio is expensive, it will not solve all problems(done a couple of installs on these for clients, M1/2 support is not there yet), plus I will need to invest in a bunch of costly third party peripherals. Also, I will be completey dependent on Apple and its business tactics/decisions.

I would appreciate the lower power consumption of a Mac Studio, but even with the current super high energy prices it will not pay for itself any time soon.

Last edited:
FWIW, I have the Fenvi FV HB-1200. Handoff and Airdrop works fine for me as it always has, but I've never had any luck connecting my iPhone 12 via Bluetooth on Mojave, Big Sur, or Monterey.
Not a deal-breaker for me. I don't let my machine sleep because it's used as a Pro Tools machine.
Something I've done before is to down-clock my i9 KS to 4.8 GHz: I think my vCore was down around 1.22V.

I have a SSD with just OC & Monterey. I'll more thoroughly check if that works properly.

I did some tests with this SSD before I upgraded my main system, it took me quite a bit of work to get Monterey/OC working properly and I thought I was in the clear. Light testing didn't reveal the problems I am experiencing now.

The thing is, with all these stupid software authorisations it is quite hard to go back and forth between 2 versions of MacOS. If you take the jump, upgrade your MacOS, you are more or less stuck.

I literally have hundreds of plug-ins for my DAW's. If just 10% needs re-authorisation it will take me days. I will need to give up some installs just to be able to see if they work properly. I didn't expect the Monterey upgrade to trigger this. It's like I have bought a new system, for some reason.

This is not a business investment, I am a family man so a new dishwasher or new bikes for my kids have a higher priority.

A Mac Studio is expensive, it will not solve all problems(done a couple of installs on these for clients, M1/2 support is not there yet), plus I will need to invest in a bunch of costly third party peripherals. Also, I will be completey dependent on Apple and its business tactics/decisions.

I would appreciate the lower power consumption of a Mac Studio, but even with the current super high energy prices it will not pay for itself any time soon.
I just checked again: about $4k for a more or less comparable Mac Studio setup.(That's for the basic machine & necessary peripherals, PCIe slot/adapter for SSD's/more Ethernet.)

Back