Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Strange. I don't see bluetoothuserd in My Processes. I just see bluetoothd in All Processes consuming 0,1% if all is well, up to 200% and no airdrop after sleep.
Those tests were with macOS Ventura public beta #3. However, repeating the tests just now with the release version of Monterey 12.5 yields almost the same outcome:
  • After 1st wake-from-sleep: Need to toggle Bluetooth
  • After 2nd and subsequent wakes-from-sleep: No problem with Bluetooth
There is no bluetoothd process in my system:
  • Z390 Designare
  • Monterey 12.5
  • Broadcom BCM94360CS or BCM94360CD WiFi/BT module on a PCIe x1 adapter card
  • BlueToolFixup, BrcmFirmwareData, and BrcmPatchRAM3 all disabled

Just did a CMOS reset, but to no avail. Exactly the same problems. iPhone can't connect via Bluetooth, continuity etc. doesn't work, BT is shot after sleep. I can connect to a BT speaker without problems. Before sleep, that is. After sleep, I can reset BT by switching it off/on.

Weird. Are people using BT without issues under Monterey? Sleep and wake are no problem?

BT info looks OK?

Bluetooth Controller:

Address: A4:5E:60:C4:8B:84

State: On

Chipset: BCM_20703A1

Discoverable: Off

Firmware Version: v169 c4825

Product ID: 0x0001

Supported Devices: 0x382039 < HFP AVRCP A2DP HID Braille AACP GATT Serial >

Transport: USB

Vendor ID: 0x004C (Apple)
FV-T919 here.

In macOS Monterey, I've also experienced BT issue after a sleep/wake cycle. Couldn't use my Magic Keyboard/Trackpad unless I turn off and on bluetooth with usb mouse. For me, this was resolved by removing USBWakeFixup.kext/SSDT-USBW.aml.

FV-T919 here.

In macOS Monterey, I've also experienced BT issue after a sleep/wake cycle. Couldn't use my Magic Keyboard/Trackpad unless I turn off and on bluetooth with usb mouse. For me, this was resolved by removing USBWakeFixup.kext/SSDT-USBW.aml.
Good suggestion!

After disabling SSDT-USBW.aml and its associated kext USBWakeFixup.kext, Bluetooth resumes normally after the first sleep/wake cycle, and after every subsequent sleep/wake cycle.

By disabling these files, however, we will need to press a key on the keyboard at least one extra time to wake up the system (i.e. total of at least 2 key presses about 10-20 seconds apart). We can also move the mouse a couple of times.

The following two items can be disabled (unchecked):
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 12.21.02 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 12.21.13 PM.png

Last edited:
Good suggestion!

After disabling SSDT-USBW.aml and its associated kext USBWakeFixup.kext, Bluetooth resumes normally after the first sleep/wake cycle, and after every subsequent sleep/wake cycle.

By disabling these files, however, we will need to press a key on the keyboard at least one extra time to wake up the system (i.e. total of at least 2 key presses about 10-20 seconds apart). We can also move the mouse a couple of times.

The following two items can be disabled (unchecked):
View attachment 552987View attachment 552988
These are not enabled on my system in the first place. So that's not it(for me).

These are not enabled on my system in the first place. So that's not it(for me).
What is the make/model of your WiFi and Bluetooth module(s)?

This looks strange. A USB 3.1 bus with nothing, and the Bluetooth USB Host Controller under a USB3.1 bus? Or is this normal?

1660249823620.png

This looks strange. A USB 3.1 bus with nothing, and the Bluetooth USB Host Controller under a USB3.1 bus? Or is this normal?

View attachment 552996
  • The empty USB 3.1 bus is okay
  • Bluetooth controller under USB 3.1 bus is okay
  • But what we'd like to see is this:
Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 1.34.03 PM.png

Can I check this without opening the box?
If you have a link to the product, that would suffice. If the item was purposed online, you may still have a receipt or invoice showing the product name.

Here's what we typically recommend:
https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-t919-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00033

Back