Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

And no weirdness after sleep? I just woke my Hack and had a kernel panic (ionetworking family whathaveyou...) I had BT switched off.
Just tried AirDrop before and after sleep: I also needed to disable and re-enable Bluetooth after waking from sleep. No kernel panics. AppleVTD is enabled.

Airdrop from iPhone to Hack works for me, the other stuff not so much, Messages works on iPhone and Hack.

For me, this Monterey update is even worse than Big Sur...

As I had to redo lots of authorisations, reloading a backup is not an easy option.

Just tried AirDrop before and after sleep: I also needed to disable and re-enable Bluetooth after waking from sleep. No kernel panics. AppleVTD is enabled.
And what is your bluetoothd CPU load after sleep? Mine is huge until I hit the on/off switch.

@zipb

I don't use BT with my Designare Z390 which has the Fenvi FV-T919 card installed. But to see if my hack also had problems with BT, I just checked both Monterey and the latest Ventura public beta to see if my iPhone SE with current iOS would connect via BT. It would pair and for a second or two show "Connected," then immediately disconnect.

If I repeatedly retry to "Connect" the iPhone, it would show "Connected," but instantaneously disconnect.

So I confirm your BT problem with the Designare. I also tried BT with my Z690 Aero G which has a Broadcom BCM94360NG Key A/E M.2 WiFi/BT module replacing the Intel WiFi module and it exhibits the same problem with Big Sur, Monterey, and public beta 3 Ventura. Maybe my iPhone model is a factor.

Since I don't use BT, I don't have time at this point to work the issue.
I have an iPhone 11 with exactly the same symptoms as you describe.

And what is your bluetoothd CPU load after sleep? Mine is huge until I hit the on/off switch.

Hack survives a short sleep. But BT goes berserk.
Just did another sleep/wake, but this time AirDrop continued to work. bluetoothd process consumes virtually no CPU time before or after sleep. Here it is after waking from sleep:
Screenshot 2022-08-11 at 7.38.44 AM.png

Just did another sleep/wake, but this time AirDrop continued to work. bluetoothd process consumes virtually no CPU time before or after sleep. Here it is after waking from sleep:
View attachment 552976
Update:
  • Performed another sleep/wake cycle (3rd cycle) and AirDrop works properly without having to toggle Bluetooth. Bluetooth daemon still shows virtually zero CPU time.

View attachment 552976
Strange. I don't see bluetoothuserd in My Processes. I just see bluetoothd in All Processes consuming 0,1% if all is well, up to 200% and no airdrop after sleep.

Back