Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Were you using AirportBrcmFixup.kext?

Can you post a screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> Kernel
Once again, you are correct sir.
AirportBrcmFixup.kext was unchecked.
Now that it is checked, everything is back to normal.
Should I also check the BrcmFirmwareData and the BrcmPatchRam3 kexts ?

kernel.jpg

Once again, you are correct sir.
AirportBrcmFixup.kext was unchecked.
Now that it is checked, everything is back to normal.
Should I also check the BrcmFirmwareData and the BrcmPatchRam3 kexts ?

View attachment 552019
Glad to hear it. It’s actually best not to use other Brcm kexts if everything is working properly without them.

Just wanted to confirm for anyone else having this issue. the method worked. I flashed back to F9i and I got both my thunderbolt/usb-c ports working with no modifications to my EFI. so seems to be that the new capsule bios breaks USB-C definitely not a good idea to flash that.
F9j also had USB-C broken on TB ports.

Hello @xtrell

Regarding the Thunderbolt ports, let’s take a look at IOregistryExplorer—> RP05 section. Simply run IORegistryExplorer and scroll (not search) down to RP05, then post a screenshot.

Which Thunderbolt device(s) are you using? Do they work if connected and powered up before booting the system?

Which version of BIOS is installed?

Also, in the ACPI section of config.plist, we should disable the last SSDT (Aquantia) if there’s no Aquantia 10GbE card installed in a PCIe slot.
Attached is the RP05 section.

I generally use a few external hard drives connected via the Thunderbolt ports, but my Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is the main squeeze. It would appear that the computer sees the small disk inside the audio interface but not any of my hard drives. (I checked the BIOS boot menu to check this.)

I'm using BIOS F9i.

Thanks for the tip about the Aquantia SSDT, whoops.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 11.04.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-27 at 11.04.55 PM.png
    96 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Just learned that "Wake for network access" works perfectly with Intel i211 Ethernet natively driven by AppleEthernetE1000. I can now wake my machine via VNC viewer or screen sharing. Although I've never got it to work with FV-T919, i219(IntelMausi) or i211(SmallTreeIntel), has anyone able to get FV-T919 card to wake up computer from the sleep state on this board?

Just learned that "Wake for network access" works perfectly with Intel i211 Ethernet natively driven by AppleEthernetE1000. I can now wake my machine via VNC viewer or screen sharing. Although I've never got it to work with FV-T919, i219(IntelMausi) or i211(SmallTreeIntel), has anyone able to get FV-T919 card to wake up computer from the sleep state on this board?
With the Fenvi FV-T919 installed, both of my Designare Z390 systems are able to sleep and wake properly. I have disabled "Wake for Network Access", however, and use my keyboard for wake.

Last edited:
Attached is the RP05 section.

I generally use a few external hard drives connected via the Thunderbolt ports, but my Scarlett 2i2 audio interface is the main squeeze. It would appear that the computer sees the small disk inside the audio interface but not any of my hard drives. (I checked the BIOS boot menu to check this.)

I'm using BIOS F9i.

Thanks for the tip about the Aquantia SSDT, whoops.
Some follow-ups:
  • Are you using external Thunderbolt hard drives? Or external USB hard drives?
    • If unsure, simply state the make and model numbers.
  • At the top of your IORegistryExplorer device list, do you see AppleVTD?
    Screenshot 2022-07-27 at 12.44.26 PM.png
  • Regarding the Scarlett 2i2, have you tried:
    • Connecting it to the Designare and powering it up before booting macOS?
    • Hot-plugging it after macOS has been booted up?

With the Fenvi FV-T919 installed, both of my Designare Z390 systems are able to sleep and wake properly. I have disabled "Wake for Network Access", however, and use my keyboard for wake.

Ah.. So on my other board, after port forwarding 5900, I was able wake the system from sleep via screen sharing or VNC viewer on iPhone and work on it remotely while away(FV-T919 can work this way) and put it back to sleep when I am done. However, with Z390 Designare, I never got to achieve the same function for some reason until i211 was natively supported by macOS. It simply just won't wake up via screen sharing.

Some follow-ups:
  • Are you using external Thunderbolt hard drives? Or external USB hard drives?
    • If unsure, simply state the make and model numbers.
  • At the top of your IORegistryExplorer device list, do you see AppleVTD? View attachment 552155
  • Regarding the Scarlett 2i2, have you tried:
    • Connecting it to the Designare and powering it up before booting macOS?
    • Hot-plugging it after macOS has been booted up?
"SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD"
"G-Drive mobile SSD"

Yes, I see AppleVTD in IOregistryexplorer. Screenshot attached

The Scarlett 2i2 is always plugged in, it's what I normally run all my audio in/out through. Do you mean plugging it in at the BIOS screen before selecting macOS with opencore? It's powered by the computer, doesn't have its own power supply. Hot-plugging it seems to make no difference, it is still powered on but not being recognized by the computer as anything (neither the audio interface or the small hard disk it has that the BIOS saw).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 9.14.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-28 at 9.14.05 PM.png
    165.4 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Back