Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

So the Sonnet card works OK in the lower x4 slot. But now I am 1 PCIe slot short. Will try another card in the x16/x8 top slot and see if that works.
My USB3 card works in the PCIe x16 slot. Waste of lanes, but hey, it works. I am happy.

I see a fairly heavy CPU load when using the Sonnet card, 50-70% CPU when using BM Speed Test and also when plain copying stuff. That is to be expected? The same on 'real' Macs?

I was expecting way less with proper drivers.

Ah.. I like Stage Manger in someways but having to deal with icons or files on Desktop while Stage Manager enabled, is a nightmare.
Lol, never mind on this. There is an option to toggle off or on to view desktop items while Stage Manager is on. It's just off by default.
 .png

Last edited:
Hi Casey hope everything is well got a question for you or anybody on here what would make all my usb ports inactive except for the ASM2142 USB 3.1 port.I also notice they all became active after the rig is awake from sleep.All this happen after enabling appleVTD. Here I attached my IOReg before sleep.Could u or anyone please tell me what could be possible wrong.Thanks

Attachments

• iMac ioreg.ioreg
    5.6 MB · Views: 42
  • Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 1.42.32 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-07-17 at 1.42.32 PM.png
    356.3 KB · Views: 28
Hi Casey hope everything is well got a question for you or anybody on here what would make all my usb ports inactive except for the ASM2142 USB 3.1 port.I also notice they all became active after the rig is awake from sleep.All this happen after enabling appleVTD. Here I attached my IOReg before sleep.Could u or anyone please tell me what could be possible wrong.Thanks
Some questions and comments:
  • Because you're running Ventura Public Beta, have you upgraded OpenCore to 0.8.3 (pre-release)?
  • And also upgraded Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC, etc. to latest builds?
  • If the following 3 kexts are enabled, I recommend disabling them:
    • BlueToolFixup.kext
    • BrcmFirmwareData.kext
    • BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
  • If the problem persists, feel free to post your config.plist with serial numbers removed from PlatformInfo --> DataHub.

yes I have all the latest upgrades and disabling all 3 kexts mention didn't resolve the issue.Attached is my config.plist

Attachments

• Config.plist
    44 KB · Views: 28
And yes I notice this on Monterey as well as big sur and also lower versions of open core also

Last edited:
Back