Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I just added a Sonnet Aquantia 10GbE card from a Mac Pro to my Hack. I've enabled the ForceAquantiaEthernet quirk and made sure VT-D is on in my BIOS.
After a reboot, and a clear NVRAM for good measure, the card doesn't show under PCI or Ethernet in System Report.

The rest of my Ethernet and WIFI still works fine.

What am I missing?
Does it show up in IORegistryExplorer? If so, what are the device-id and vendor-id?

Remarkable that it doesn't show up at all. I even opened up the case again and made sure it's properly inserted in the PCIe slot.

Remarkable that it doesn't show up at all. I even opened up the case again and made sure it's properly inserted in the PCIe slot.
Does it appear in BIOS? Gigabyte BIOS has a section that lists all PCIe cards. If it doesn't appear there, then the card is not powering up.

What does one need to make a 10GbE card work in Big Sur, except for the AQ quirk in OC? VT-D must be on, anything else? Patches, maybe?

What does one need to make a 10GbE card work in Big Sur, except for the AQ quirk in OC? VT-D must be on, anything else? Patches, maybe?
If the card is compatible with macOS (Sonnet cards generally are), then there's nothing else to do. If the card is not appearing in BIOS, try moving it to a different slot.

Back