Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Can't wait for the write up :-D I was happy on 0.8.2 ... till beta 3 came out, and now the public beta is released I will wait for your instructions so I don't mess up again....
Have you tried installing Public Beta 1 with OC 0.8.2? Some have reported success, but I'm currently visiting family on the other side of the country so haven't verified it myself.

Have you tried installing Public Beta 1 with OC 0.8.2? Some have reported success, but I'm currently visiting family on the other side of the country so haven't verified it myself.
Yes, I’ve tried, but it’s going in a boot loop. It seems for 10 seconds it’s installing but then reboots again and again. Then entering macOS manually again, it’s still on the same version.

Yes, I’ve tried, it’s going in a boot loop. It seems for 10 seconds it’s installing but then reboots again and again. Then entering macOS manually again, it’s still on the same version.
We can refer to the guide below for manually updating OpenCore. The latest pre-release versions can be downloaded by clicking here and choosing items from the pop-up menus (e.g. OpenCorePkg near the bottom of the menu). No need to worry about config.plist at this time -- no changes needed. If you see "OCS Schema" warnings on boot, just ignore them until next version of OpenCore Configurator is released.

@CaseySJ Hi,today I received WD SN850, and I have a question...Is it possible to put 2 NVMe in the Designare with the same bus speed? Or its more slow? (1 for macOS and the other for data)?

thx

We can refer to the guide below for manually updating OpenCore. The latest pre-release versions can be downloaded by clicking here and choosing items from the pop-up menus (e.g. OpenCorePkg near the bottom of the menu). No need to worry about config.plist at this time -- no changes needed. If you see "OCS Schema" warnings on boot, just ignore them until next version of OpenCore Configurator is released.
I did all of this (I think.. :)). Getting a panic. See screenshot.

Attachments

• 55C73B6F-1E7B-4F24-8086-88416EFADDC4.jpeg
    55C73B6F-1E7B-4F24-8086-88416EFADDC4.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 22
@CaseySJHi,today I received WD SN850, and I have a question...Is it possible to put 2 NVMe in the Designare with the same bus speed? Or its more slow? (1 for macOS and the other for data)?

thx
Yes we can install two NVMe SSDs and both will operate at full speed. We will, however, lose a couple of SATA ports. There is a table in the Designare User’s Manual that tells us exactly which SATA ports will be affected.

Even Monterey supports FW, the issue seems the DriverKit model was changed, so drivers has to be redone, a task that not many companies are willing to take (spend more resources in legacy hardware)
Yes. RME went the extra mile and wrote another driver.

Yes we can install two NVMe SSDs and both will operate at full speed. We will, however, lose a couple of SATA ports. There is a table in the Designare User’s Manual that tells us exactly which SATA ports will be affected.

OK! I tried and lost a SATA HDD... I prefer to put it in NVMe adapter to PCJe card... I have this:

it runs in PCIe x4 x8 x16 slot, which slot is best for Samsung 970 EVO Plus?

Last edited:
Back