Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Hello @Perdomo15,

Sure, let’s see if we can tackle this problem. Some questions/comments:
  • Which version of macOS are you running?
  • What is the make/model of the Thunderbolt device?
  • In BIOS Setup —> Thunderbolt, try setting Thunderbolt Boot Support to Boot Once.
  • Which version of BIOS is installed?
  • When did this problem first occur?
Will be sending the EFI, Screen Shots and IO Reg

Just In Case

Attachments

• Tropical EFI & IO Reg.zip
    10.3 MB · Views: 45
Big Sur 11.6.7
UAD Apollo FireWire Silver Rack With Thunderbolt 2 Option Card
Bios F9J
This is my first time trying this setup.
UPDATE: It does recognize my Apollo Twin Thunderbolt 2 but not the rack.

I AM USING Apple USB-C to Thunderbolt 2 adapter (TB3 to TB2)
If you look at the top of Post 1 just under the photo, you’ll see that BIOS F9j is not recommended due to issues with Thunderbolt. It’s better to install BIOS F9g or F9i, both of which are available from a link in Section 1 of the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides (also near the top of Post 1). Just let me know if you have any question about these BIOS files.

If you look at the top of Post 1 just under the photo, you’ll see that BIOS F9j is not recommended due to issues with Thunderbolt. It’s better to install BIOS F9g or F9i, both of which are available from a link in Section 1 of the spoiler labeled Quick Reference to Mini-Guides and Micro-Guides (also near the top of Post 1). Just let me know if you have any question about these BIOS files.
Sorry i mess up, the bios is indeed F9I. Sorry about that.

So yeah, the system is everything I wrote before but with BIOS F9I.

Sorry for the confusion.

So yeah, the system is everything I wrote before but with BIOS F9I.
No problem. Some questions/comments:
  1. Did the Apollo FireWire Silver work previously with this Hackintosh?
  2. I see that AppleVTD is properly enabled, so that is one factor we can dismiss. Thunderbolt SSDT is also set up correctly.
  3. Does the Apollo FireWire Silver work when connected and powered up before booting macOS?
  4. Is Thunderbolt Boot Support set to Boot Once in BIOS?

No problem. Some questions/comments:
  1. Did the Apollo FireWire Silver work previously with this Hackintosh?
  2. I see that AppleVTD is properly enabled, so that is one factor we can dismiss. Thunderbolt SSDT is also set up correctly.
  3. Does the Apollo FireWire Silver work when connected and powered up before booting macOS?
  4. Is Thunderbolt Boot Support set to Boot Once in BIOS?
Yes i change it to Boot Once also, no this is my first time trying it on this built. However, i know is not big sur because i have use it on my Mac Pro 5,1 with open core as well, also on a 2019 macbook pro.

What’s is funny is that the Apollo Twin works like a charm.

Yes i change it to Boot Once also, no this is my first time trying it on this built. However, i know is not big sur because i have use it on my Mac Pro 5,1 with open core as well, also on a 2019 macbook pro.

What’s is funny is that the Apollo Twin works like a charm.
I know this is more of a workaround, but have you considered using Apple's FireWire-to-TB3 adapter?

The following is from UAD's website. Just click the image to go to the website.

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 4.01.58 PM.png

I can boot Big Sur and the Mojave rescue partition fine with this EFI. So I guess the problem lies somewhere in this particular Mojave install.
The question is, what? It stops very early in the boot process.
So I booted into the recovery partition and chose reinstall MacOS Mojave. This worked. I can boot into Mojave now.

** Public Beta of macOS Ventura Now Available **

If you have upgraded to OpenCore 0.8.2 it should be possible to perform an in-place upgrade to the public beta. As always, we strongly recommend making a full bootable backup first.

Update: OpenCore 0.8.3 pre-release may be necessary.

Last edited:
Back